You are not logged in.

Be-friend a metal scrap collector today!!!!

#1 2009-05-11 2:35pm

rasantius
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2009-03-02
Bikes: 1
Website

Be-friend a metal scrap collector today!!!!

You may know of a person in your neighborhood that has a small to full sized truck of which they drive up and down the local alley ways, and collect discarded (or scrap) metal. You may have thought them a nuisance, or "Tacky" kind of people. Well.... judge not, my friends. These guys are out there doing the lords work for the bmx collector from time to time. I offer these words of advice because twice in the past 2 weeks I have been witness to a couple of great finds. The first was a nice newschool 24 in. specialized bmx, but the second from last night was the bomb. My brother scored on a sweet GT, with nice three piece GT cranks/sprocket-pitbull brakes/ GT handle bars/ GT clamp/ acs front break/etc., etc., etc. So, My suggestion to you all is take a second to talk to one(or 2, or 3) of these cats. Word.

I got a Huffy, My little brother got a Schwinn... What's up with that?

#2 2009-05-11 3:09pm

apocalypse dude
Pro Memberpro hater
Signed up: 2008-03-22
Bikes: 2

Re: Be-friend a metal scrap collector today!!!!

BUM BUM BUMMMM ..... BUM BUM BUM BUM BUMDUMMMMMM BUM
DA na NA NA! da NA NANA NA NA NA! Da NA DA NA!

http://www.jamieross.com/autographs/sanfordandson.jpg

THIS IS A 90'S RARE GEM - MR. HOFFMAN, MR. HAWK AND MANY OTHER CELLEBRITIES WOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE THIS BIKE AMONG THEIR COLLECTION.

#3 2009-05-11 3:12pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Signed up: 2007-07-02
Bikes: 41
Website

Sanford and Son are the scrap yard GODS tongue

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

#4 2009-05-11 3:12pm

PITBULL
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2008-11-27
Bikes: 4

or you might want to trade them your old catalitic converter for a bike

Catalitic converters on older cars pre 90`s have a few grams of platinum which can be extracted ,big bucks $$$$

Ban the Deed not the Breed

#5 2009-05-11 8:48pm

rasantius
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2009-03-02
Bikes: 1
Website

Whatever! My brother got that GT for 3 bucks. No joke. PS:I love Red Foxx, and if you don't.... You so ugly, they used your face to make gorilla cookies!!!smile

I got a Huffy, My little brother got a Schwinn... What's up with that?

#6 2009-05-11 11:09pm

TxFireman
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2008-08-20
Bikes: 5

LOL

It's funny you posted this. This evening my wifes cousin (he is known to collect scrap and anyone who knows him, knows they can stop by his work and throw old metal junk in the back of his truck) calls me up tonight and says, "Hey, you want another Mongoose?" I said, "Maybe, is it an old one?" He says, "It may be, it's full of dirt etc, and it came out of an old barn, .. some lady wanted me to haul it off". He lives close by so I take a little stroll over there, but it turned out to be a mountain bike. hmm I don't know much about it, but it had a cro mo frame.. I told him, nah, leave it in the heap.. lol.

Several month back I was washing my hands at the sink in my Fire Station, and looked out the window to see a pick up full (and I mean really full) of bikes go by. It was piled high, as in 3rd world country high.. lol. I knew there was no way to get out the door fast enough to get their attention, to stop them .. so I had to wonder to myself, just how many salvagable OS BMX frames were on the way to the gallows. sad

"Danger is my business" ~ Jeff Spicoli - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
~1978 Mongoose Motomag~1979 Mongoose motomag~1983 Kuwahara KZ-83 Laser Lite~1981 Mongoose II~

Board footer