You are not logged in.

Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

#51 2007-05-01 11:08am

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I really dislike the new ones as well, I think after the bankrupcy they should have retired the GT brand.  I personally like the 84-85's and the S-bend designs, I'm not a big fan of the single lower bend (93-97 I think) I've always wanted to try the aluminum GT Show (2000 I believe)


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#52 2007-05-01 3:23pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
From: Greece, Athens
Registered: 2006-11-05
Posts: 3481
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Yeah!
The Show is a nice bike (1998 till 2000)...i'd like to have one too....but i prefer the Tours because i can't hold on when i'm riding and always want to "jump this", "abubaca that" lol

Last edited by Duke 01 (2007-06-24 11:26pm)


!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

Offline

 

#53 2007-05-10 3:21pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Does anyone in here have a "Show" you can post a picture of?


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#54 2007-06-05 1:21am

mikebodrums
Centurion Member
From: Amarillo, TX
Registered: 2007-04-01
Posts: 148
Bikes: 8
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

i think the 87 gt's were the best looking freestyle bike ever made.......here is my all original tour model original paint stickers....the only thing i have done to this bike is change the wheels and tires put a chrome layback and some 89 ame' white grips.......i was not a big fan of the dayglo but it has really grown on me, i had a electric blue 87 team model growing up  with the power series 3pc. white high flanged super lace sealed hubs on chrome araya rims....man i miss that bike....




http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/bigtello_2007/SSPX0441.jpg

Last edited by mikebodrums (2007-06-05 1:22am)


what the hell happened to bikes.........i feel like i am in the twilight zone and every new bike looks the same....

Offline

 

#55 2007-06-05 12:50pm

D14m0ndb4ck
Member
From: williamsburg
Registered: 2007-05-03
Posts: 67
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I like the 98 performer frame due to the classic styleing combined with the new school extra thick and reinforced dropouts.  990 brake mounts, some pretty cool (IMO) colors, and nice components top it off as one of the best rides out there.  Not to mention I think I paid 40 for my frame (it's a vertigo but hey almost the same thing) and forks and I only shopped around for about a day.  So it's good cheap and pretty what more could you ask for in a bike?


No brakes just balls

Offline

 

#56 2007-06-05 1:35pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

D14m0ndb4ck wrote:

I like the 98 performer frame due to the classic styleing combined with the new school extra thick and reinforced dropouts.  990 brake mounts, some pretty cool (IMO) colors, and nice components top it off as one of the best rides out there.  Not to mention I think I paid 40 for my frame (it's a vertigo but hey almost the same thing) and forks and I only shopped around for about a day.  So it's good cheap and pretty what more could you ask for in a bike?

I also like the 98's, in fact I think my next project will be a 98 Tour or a 98 Show.. I like the pac-man dropouts of these two frames


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#57 2007-06-15 11:32am

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Here's my two projects that are almost complete
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/slicergba/DSC_2419_new-1.jpghttp://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/slicergba/DSC_2404_new-1.jpg


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#58 2007-06-15 12:05pm

mikebodrums
Centurion Member
From: Amarillo, TX
Registered: 2007-04-01
Posts: 148
Bikes: 8
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

dang slicer those are some sweet rides man....


what the hell happened to bikes.........i feel like i am in the twilight zone and every new bike looks the same....

Offline

 

#59 2007-06-15 12:20pm

RL Paulie
Pro Member
From: Northern Virginia
Registered: 2006-10-03
Posts: 4471
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I have a 98 Show that I'll probably be selling in the near future if anyone is interested.
My current rider is a 92 PFT.  US built 84-86 Performers are the best to look at.  The 87 PFT/PP are the best for function.


Bx4 = Bassin’ Buicks Beer & BMX

What I’m selling: https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/user/2547

What I want/need:
Black&Pink A'ME unitron or Oakley B1B; Black Elina Flytetech seat (2)

I'm a notoriously slow shipper. Please have patience. You WILL get what you pay for. Thank you.

Offline

 

#60 2007-06-15 1:02pm

whomhead
"New Old Stock"
From: Granger, IN
Registered: 2007-05-19
Posts: 348
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I'm partial to the 87/88 PFTs myself.

Probably because I own one.

I believe when I ordered it from Trend back in June 88, it cost me $325.00 ish.

After much thought, I think I'm going to go all white on mine.  Powder coat and all white accessories.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4144/pft1lg5aee704wq2.th.jpg

Offline

 

#61 2007-06-18 12:51pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

RL Paulie wrote:

I have a 98 Show that I'll probably be selling in the near future if anyone is interested.
My current rider is a 92 PFT.  US built 84-86 Performers are the best to look at.  The 87 PFT/PP are the best for function.

Shoot me pic when you get a chance..


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#62 2007-06-18 1:46pm

GoldCupper87
Member
Registered: 2006-11-13
Posts: 78
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Gotta go with either a classic 85 Pro performer, yellow with blue, or the 87.  Day Glo pink and balck or Day Glo Orange and black.

Offline

 

#63 2007-06-18 4:12pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

GoldCupper87 wrote:

Gotta go with either a classic 85 Pro performer, yellow with blue, or the 87.  Day Glo pink and balck or Day Glo Orange and black.

I really love the yellow 85.. I also loved my black 87 team model but the one I thought was the coolest in 87 was the chrome..


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#64 2007-06-18 4:23pm

louie
Expert
Registered: 2006-11-11
Posts: 688
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Slicer GBA wrote:

GoldCupper87 wrote:

Gotta go with either a classic 85 Pro performer, yellow with blue, or the 87.  Day Glo pink and balck or Day Glo Orange and black.

I really love the yellow 85.. I also loved my black 87 team model but the one I thought was the coolest in 87 was the chrome..

yes your 87 pftt is my favoret and someday when I can aford one I'll get me a black one like yours.
I've got 3 pft, a 95,96 and a 97,and I have a 99 tour 2 also.
http://www.bmxmuseum.com/bikes/user/3077


why you shouldn't let your cat ride your bike!

Offline

 

#65 2007-06-24 11:30pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
From: Greece, Athens
Registered: 2006-11-05
Posts: 3481
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Damn Slicer!!!

That PFTs you have there are HOT!!!!


*PS: FRANK 250 has a clean stock GT Show....

Last edited by Duke 01 (2007-06-25 12:49am)


!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

Offline

 

#66 2007-06-25 1:55am

polanco
BMXer 4 Life
From: Santo Domingo, DR
Registered: 2007-02-08
Posts: 5609
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

hi,   I would say that the best looking GT out of all the models is the 1987 Pro performer frameset,I was so hooked on those i wouldnt ride anything else for years,I did break a lot of dropouts,until I found a way out of that problem,The second best looking is the 1986 Pro Performer,which came in,as the said,"a dazzling array of colors",at least they did'nt use tantalizing as redline did in '88. After 95,the best looking,and functionally speaking sounder model was indeed the 1995 model,which was in fact the last pfttm suited for flatland use,after that,the 2000 tour and gt show were the cooler bikes they put out.The best suited component wise was the 1994 model,which had profile three pc cranks,dk type stem,tech 77s,sun rims,etc...,plus the reintroduction of 990s,which,for no apparent reason other than hordes of kids with useless rear brakes,were taken off in 1989.after 1995 everything was sort of the same.For me,the hardest model to find again(once i had 14 of these bikes at one time,but fior thrashing purposes)is the 1987 dayglow pink,which due to the brittle nature of that specific color,is really hard to find intact these days.Who owns GT these days?murray?it seems that the only right thing they have accomplished is to have kept bestwick on board until recently,but they lost the vice grip they had on the industry.Rich long's drive must be missed over there in huntington.I always liked the way the rode,and probably learned more than half of my tricks on one.If you want to check out me riding a rebuilt gt pft,check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOTrzy9dWIY,that was last year,but that frame cracked,so i have achrome verwsion of that one i use to do my old repertoire,cause those tricks feel right on one of those rides,currently i also own a blu pro performer 1987,with most stock parts on it,I did build it with parts from several blue ones,so that,s why the bars look beat up.

Offline

 

#67 2007-06-25 2:06am

polanco
BMXer 4 Life
From: Santo Domingo, DR
Registered: 2007-02-08
Posts: 5609
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOTrzy9dWIY              sorry,this is the correct link to the video,it's a music video set to ground and street,in dominican republic,produced by soulstation,tv,an internet show on sports you could also check out.The song is a hip-hop song in spanish about BMX riding,performed by yours truly,if you keep close attention,you'll notice in the scratching refernces to bmx,like cappadonna(from wu-tang)'s cut that says "endo,mike buff,wheelie on the mic".priceless.Iscrambled through half the island searching for that piece of vinyl,but it was well worth it!Enjoy!

Offline

 

#68 2007-06-25 2:08am

polanco
BMXer 4 Life
From: Santo Domingo, DR
Registered: 2007-02-08
Posts: 5609
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

one thing,how do i submit the bikes' pics?I can dial in a 990,but this is some tuff stuff,are the bmxperts still in business?

Offline

 

#69 2007-06-25 2:20am

FenwayKid
For Sale Restricted
From: Boston, MA
Registered: 2007-01-31
Posts: 1187
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

'87-88 Pro's.
i love the 88 decals. and it's the 1st yr with the "GT" mags. but i like the "mallet" stem of the 87

Offline

 

#70 2007-06-25 2:59pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Duke 01 wrote:

Damn Slicer!!!

That PFTs you have there are HOT!!!!


*PS: FRANK 250 has a clean stock GT Show....

Thanks bro.. I actually just completely finished the white one last night and I'll soon get some pics up in the "Bikes" section


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#71 2007-06-25 3:05pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

polanco wrote:

hi,   I would say that the best looking GT out of all the models is the 1987 Pro performer frameset,I was so hooked on those i wouldnt ride anything else for years,I did break a lot of dropouts,until I found a way out of that problem,The second best looking is the 1986 Pro Performer,which came in,as the said,"a dazzling array of colors",at least they did'nt use tantalizing as redline did in '88. After 95,the best looking,and functionally speaking sounder model was indeed the 1995 model,which was in fact the last pfttm suited for flatland use,after that,the 2000 tour and gt show were the cooler bikes they put out.The best suited component wise was the 1994 model,which had profile three pc cranks,dk type stem,tech 77s,sun rims,etc...,plus the reintroduction of 990s,which,for no apparent reason other than hordes of kids with useless rear brakes,were taken off in 1989.after 1995 everything was sort of the same.For me,the hardest model to find again(once i had 14 of these bikes at one time,but fior thrashing purposes)is the 1987 dayglow pink,which due to the brittle nature of that specific color,is really hard to find intact these days.Who owns GT these days?murray?it seems that the only right thing they have accomplished is to have kept bestwick on board until recently,but they lost the vice grip they had on the industry.Rich long's drive must be missed over there in huntington.I always liked the way the rode,and probably learned more than half of my tricks on one.If you want to check out me riding a rebuilt gt pft,check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOTrzy9dWIY,that was last year,but that frame cracked,so i have achrome verwsion of that one i use to do my old repertoire,cause those tricks feel right on one of those rides,currently i also own a blu pro performer 1987,with most stock parts on it,I did build it with parts from several blue ones,so that,s why the bars look beat up.

Sounds like you've ridden more GT's than anyone.. Pacific Cycle now owns GT and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Schwinn owns Pacific.. either way I was a little heart broken to see the old company go out.. And I agree about the Day Glo Pink, I really liked them but the paint did tend to chip off real easily.  Post some pics of your GT's in here and let us take a look.. go to wwwphotobucket.com and upload your pics then copy and past the link that they give you into your post.


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#72 2007-06-25 3:07pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

FenwayKid wrote:

'87-88 Pro's.
i love the 88 decals. and it's the 1st yr with the "GT" mags. but i like the "mallet" stem of the 87

I kinda dig those funky 89 glyphic decals


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#73 2007-06-25 3:26pm

Alkenhoffer
Guest

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

At my lbs I saw a new performer yesterday.  Trimoly crap.  Even the componentry has no style.

 

#74 2007-06-25 4:50pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Alkenhoffer wrote:

At my lbs I saw a new performer yesterday.  Trimoly crap.  Even the componentry has no style.

Yeah, you'd think at least the new flatland bikes would look fly.. but they're the same boring shape as the vert bikes.. I don't get it.. I'm trying to find a new bike to get back into flatland but I'm almost considering just getting a really nice 99, 2000, or 2001 and just keep upgrading the components as time goes on.. Of course I'm so tall I would even consider getting a nice cruiser and converting it to do flatland tricks.


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#75 2007-06-25 6:53pm

Frank250
Pro Member
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2006-08-29
Posts: 2389
Bikes: 39
For Sale: 12
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Did someone say New School???.. well here's my 01-02 Performer (custom) and my 98 Show, Gotta luv that bent TT. Im 5'6" so these feel just right. I regret selling my early 90's Performers...sad
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/frank250bmx/Performer.jpghttp://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/frank250bmx/PerformerAngl.jpghttp://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/frank250bmx/GTs.jpg


• Looking for Mid 90's Boss Hogg Decals •

Offline

 

Board footer