You are not logged in.

GAS PRICES  RSS Feed

#1 2007-03-16 8:53pm

PTK
Centurion Member
Bikes: 1

GAS PRICES

So I live in Southern California, San Diego specifically. We have an area here we call PB (Pacific Beach). I was there and was in DIRE need of gas. BEHOLD, I looked up...and gas was $3.47 I hate how were so dependent on gas. I know really want a hybrid. It would compliment my bikes really well.

#2 2007-03-16 9:35pm

waterboyalltheway
Centurion Member
Website

Re: GAS PRICES

i live in florida and i thought gas was high .............dame

#3 2007-03-16 10:08pm

8587GN
Museum Addict

I was in Huntington Beach,CA on Mon.Gas was $3.05,the same gas was 2.34 in OH, the same day.Big difference in weather though

#4 2007-03-16 10:23pm

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 4

Funny how brazil  uses more then 50% ethenol  in all there cars  ..........made from SUGAR ......and we the most ..full of our selfs techno advanced country in the world refuse to folllow there example  guess oil companys just havent made enoungh  quadzillons to change policy yet....

Get busy livin or get busy dyin......dam right
LOOKIN 4
Someone who can logo ol vinyl snap pads

#5 2007-03-16 10:34pm

RL20II
Pro MemberNatural Born Chiller
Bikes: 12

$1.27 AUD per litre here atm sad fuel prices suck bigtime, i can't wait till i can ride a bike more...that'll certainly make a difference smile....also means i have alot more fun goin to the local shops big_smile

GROW THE HELL UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE!! WE ARE GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH KIDS BIKES NOT KIDS PLAYING AT BEING GROWN MEN.
****What's normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly****

#6 2007-03-16 11:38pm

Jackyl

Look into the hybrid before you buy they are only good in stop and go they use the brakes to get there enegry they do you no good when your on the open road just a heads up

#7 2007-03-17 12:23am

redcorradog60
Expert
Bikes: 6

oil companies are not all that bad and the ones in the us are not the ones that jack up the prices. it is supply and demand. the us is working on getting more ethanol into gasoline though. i know this because oil is what feeds my family

!Looking for nos gold parts for my mini sting build

#8 2007-03-17 10:15am

rcsnipe2000
Pro Member
For Sale: 1229
Website

i live in houston texas. and we are one of the largest citys in the us. here like in cali you basicaly have to have a car if your ganna make any kinda $ and be able to live life. with out a car is finacial suiside .
   last year when the gas prices were going up i was driving a nissan frontier 4x4 supercharged king cab and the wife drives a frontier crew cab. when i 1st got my sc truck it was the truck i always wanted. yellow and super charged........jus like the one on the comercials!! it was a buetiful truck brush gaurds and all, i loved it. took about 25 to fill it up and i would have to fill up roughly about 3 times a week to go from home to work.
  as gas went up it went from 25 to 30 to fill up....to 35....to 40.....when it took 40 to fill up my friggin knees got week!! my god.................i own 2 of the friggin trucks!!! i was wondering how the hell these people in these suburbans and such were doing it!!! i heard it was costing them around 80 to 90 bux to fill up!!!
  so while filling up....i did the math in my head..........3x 40=120 per week x 4 weeks=480 plus truck note 460= 940!!!! my knees got weak again with the realization i was paying more to drive my truck per month than i was paying for my friggin house note!!!!!!! by dam near double!!! i could have 2 houses!!!
  so  went to this site......useconomy.gov..........it list all cars....and they mileage they get....
i looked up my truck...............it was around18mpg............normal v6...no sc.......then i looked up a suburban...............17mpg........OH MY GOD!!!! i feel out of my chair!!!   as i was wondering how they were doing it...i now realized.......... I AM ONE OF THEM!!!!! and even worse! i found that camareos, limos, hummers, all of em were basicaly gettin the same if not better mpg then me!!!  i coulda been driving a friggin hummer and had the same mileage as i was getting..........with a v8!!! guy.............to say i was sick to my stomch is an understatement!!
  at this point i knew i needed to do something...........hell...........anything!
so i started to compare the hybrids, and smaller cars on the site. as im 6 ft 2 270lbs....im not a small car kinda guy so this was very hard for me. i test drove a prias,echo,matirx,civic,scion xa, and xb.
  after ruling out the hybrids....simple cause the batteries cost roughly around 3 to 4 grand when they go out and lack of acceleration power, low roof (smack my head getting in and out) i was narrowed down to the small cars (gas only) all of witch had low roofs. and no room inside, ya end up all over the passanger. and most has bad acceleration. i drove a scion xb.
  i know....the xb looks like a toaster on wheels. and i never pictured me being the type of guy to be caught in a xb!! but i gatta say guys.....this thing has a high roof! more than double the room inside then any other small car!! and the get up and go factor is quit impressive compared to other small cars!! you can easily do 90/95mph with no problem, passing people is not much of a problem either. it handles like a fancy go-cart. kinda fun to drive. a 26 inch cruiser fits in the back with the rear seats down so it has pleanty of cargo room. and get this............it gets close to 38mpg!!!
  to me this was a no brainer. i drive all week on $20....1 fill up......oposed to 120 bux!
sure........i took some flack from the guys at work............but while they were complaining about gass prices........i was still driving on 20 week. my car note went down....my insurance went down and best of all i drive all month on less then what i was paying to drive fer 1 week in my truck!!

to all of yall thinking of getting a car with better mileage i strongly encourage you to have an open mind and go test drive one of them uglt toasters on wheels. and theres alot of upgrades you can do to them to make em alot nicer on the eyes....and best of all........with this kinda mileage...........you can afford to do it!! and alot more!

rc

I sell used parts! If you are looking for nos or dead mint parts, dont buy from me. If you are looking for used, usable parts. Im the guy ya want to buy from.

WILL TRADE FOR

snafu mobus or simular gyro , gold, red,or blue, sealed threadless headset gold, red, anno chain tensioners red, gold, or blue, anno v brakes gold or red, anno u brakes blue,gold, or red anno colored spoke nipples gold, red, or blue

#9 2007-03-17 11:13am

robert w
Expert
Bikes: 5

yeah... i have a 93 pickup, and unless gas gets to about $10 bucks a gallon, i can drive this cheaper than replacing it and making payments... but the high gas prices got me to riding my bike more  - now instead of hopping in the truck to run for a gallon of milk, i ride.  healthier for me, better for the environment, easier on the wallet. 
I also ride the bus to work a lot.  at first i felt weird (some strange folks ride buses...), but when i realized how much $ i saved, i got over it... riding the bus takes more planning, but i dont get in trouble when i sleep on the way to work!
so as rc says... keep an open mind about the choices...  and as redcorradog60 points out, the oil companies arent doing anything except providing a product we demand... if we dont like being at the mercy of the energy industry, we need to change... but until we change, we can thank them for the fact that we STILL have the lowest fuel prices in the world.  Ever been to another country?  Bet you wont see a mall parking lot full of suburbans and 4X4 trucks anywhere but the good ol' USA!

#10 2007-03-17 1:51pm

BRIANGEOBOB
Intermediate

Ive whinged about this before but hell, Im gonna do it again. Today at the local supermarket, where gas prices are the cheapest, I paid 87.9p per litre. That works out at..........wait for it.........$7.88 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!I costs the equivelent of nearly $80 to fill up a Honda Accord! OK, so our gallons are slightly bigger but even so. I really hate how much I get ripped off over here. 80% of the gas price is TAX. It makes my blood boil. Rant over.

Last edited by BRIANGEOBOB (2007-03-17 1:53pm)

id rather ride the skyway than the highway!

#11 2007-03-17 3:03pm

rcsnipe2000
Pro Member
For Sale: 1229
Website

i agree robert. when i lived in vegas i rode my bike everywhere...work...store..pay the rent...pay bills...i didnt even own a car. but when ya get into a sizable city like houston. no car.......you might as well be homeless. if ya live in the inner city.....you can pull it off with the buss...as long as ya work close enuff to where ya live. but ya betta have a car for back up..if ya lose ya job the next one could very possably be across town 40 + miles aways. so theres really no way around it here.
  as for other countries.....i agree.........when we go to canada, fuel is a bit higher there also. but we usually only go thru a tank or 2 while we are there so no real biggie.
  and dont even get me started on taxes!! thats a whole new rant all togetha!!

lmao
rc

I sell used parts! If you are looking for nos or dead mint parts, dont buy from me. If you are looking for used, usable parts. Im the guy ya want to buy from.

WILL TRADE FOR

snafu mobus or simular gyro , gold, red,or blue, sealed threadless headset gold, red, anno chain tensioners red, gold, or blue, anno v brakes gold or red, anno u brakes blue,gold, or red anno colored spoke nipples gold, red, or blue

#12 2007-03-17 5:31pm

PTK
Centurion Member

I hope I didn't open up a can of worms! I filled up my car today, it costs me $64 dollars. Im a college student, that hits me big time. Im going to start biking to more places. Yeesh!

#13 2007-03-17 7:22pm

robert w
Expert

PTK wrote:

I hope I didn't open up a can of worms!

nah man... thats why we are here... vent, rant, rave... and talk about bikes!

#14 2007-03-18 2:38am

bogusbob
jack of all trades

YOU WANT TO TRY FILLING YOUR CAR OR TRUCK UP OVER HERE IN THE UK COST ME ABOUT 50 QUID TO FILL UP MY CAR THATS ABOUT 100 +IN USD

#15 2007-03-18 12:18pm

PTK
Centurion Member

That's just ridiculous. I'd go nuts bogusbob. How the hell do you pay your bills when gas costs more than food?

#16 2019-08-10 7:43pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 15

What’s funny is people were complaining about the gas prices in 07 and they are about the same now and There isn’t even a mention about it anymore. I did hear on the radio that gas prices were about to drop because of the surplus of oil we have. I will believe it when I see it though.

Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
Trades: back spin for front spin
Front steel pro class wheel for Gt fork
RBD2

#17 2019-08-10 8:15pm

changachump
Pro MemberMikey likes it
Bikes: 4

Straight up in yo ass with a (thread) resurrection! lol Nice job.

I filled up @ $2.79.099 today.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27489/ta5964a92927.jpg[/img]
A lie goes around the world in the morning while the truth is still putting it's pants on.
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free." - Red
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
"We're all gonna die, but right now we're not dead." -Joe Rogan

#18 2019-08-10 8:18pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 6
Website

Gas was $2.52 in Idaho last week

"Google is aiding the Communist Chinese military in asserting global domination and the defeat of America..."

#19 2019-08-10 8:19pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
Bikes: 2

kalel92198 wrote:

What’s funny is people were complaining about the gas prices in 07 and they are about the same now and There isn’t even a mention about it anymore. I did hear on the radio that gas prices were about to drop because of the surplus of oil we have. I will believe it when I see it though.

Summer fuel is always higher in Chicago.   We just got a 19 cent increase from our new governor, that ain’t going away. A few years ago, we were over 4 bucks.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#20 2019-08-10 8:21pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Website

I can't afford to buy gas.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#21 2019-08-10 8:23pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 79
Website

Iceman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

Summer fuel is always higher in Chicago.   We just got a 19 cent increase from our new governor, that ain’t going away. A few years ago, we were over 4 bucks.

Our democratic government was ousted in April and as a result gas prices dropped an equivalent of $1.07 per gallon within 7 days

"Google is aiding the Communist Chinese military in asserting global domination and the defeat of America..."

#22 2019-08-10 8:25pm

KRUZNYO
Pro Member

Costs me $11.50 a week to fill my honda... $50.00 to fill my ranger... in San Diego

Gods Of War!!!

#23 2019-08-10 8:26pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Iceman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

Our democratic government was ousted in April and as a result gas prices dropped an equivalent of $1.07 per gallon within 7 days

Trump! Trump! Trump!

#24 2019-08-10 8:26pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

itsdug wrote:

I can't afford to buy gas.

Your moped can’t be that much to fill.

#25 2019-08-10 8:28pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

KRUZNYO wrote:

Costs me $11.50 a week to fill my honda... $50.00 to fill my ranger... in San Diego

My neighbor just got back from Europe, and it’s double there.

Board footer

View Cart →