You are not logged in.

- OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

#801 2020-12-13 5:37am

ConcreteTrash
Pro MemberFrank The Gangsta
From: The streets
Signed up: 2019-06-16
Posts: 4200
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

He asked if the GREEN used on the 85-86 frames had any difference. Not if the frames had any difference.


Freshour, Mongoose, GT, Dyno, Kuwahara, Free Agent, Schwinn.

Offline

 

#802 2020-12-13 1:56pm

kidbazooka1
Pro Member
From: Northern California
Signed up: 2009-08-14
Posts: 921
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

ConcreteTrash wrote:

He asked if the GREEN used on the 85-86 frames had any difference. Not if the frames had any difference.

Hahahah

My bad I’m a bit slow. Lol

Offline

 

#803 2020-12-14 7:35am

StickyB
Museum Addict
From: Central, NJ
Signed up: 2008-01-16
Posts: 1766
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

Sorry about all of the Duplicate postes I sent from my phones and it kept hanging....


Yes thank you Concrete, only asking about any difference in the green paint from 85 to 86?

Thanks Guys....

Offline

 

#804 2021-08-04 2:45pm

kidbazooka1
Pro Member
From: Northern California
Signed up: 2009-08-14
Posts: 921
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

My original decal 86 pft with 4 holes and serial on bb.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/33372/52234ee7-e94e-4c0d-bf19-c783db7a5810610b0a8293.jpeg

Last edited by kidbazooka1 (2021-08-04 6:01pm)

Offline

 

#805 2021-08-04 4:30pm

ConcreteTrash
Pro MemberFrank The Gangsta
From: The streets
Signed up: 2019-06-16
Posts: 4200
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

kidbazooka1 wrote:

My original decal 86 pft with holes and serial on bb.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a8293.jpeg

I painted some 90s GT forks maui blue just like that before I scored better forks for my 87. cool


Freshour, Mongoose, GT, Dyno, Kuwahara, Free Agent, Schwinn.

Offline

 

#806 2021-08-04 6:00pm

kidbazooka1
Pro Member
From: Northern California
Signed up: 2009-08-14
Posts: 921
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

ConcreteTrash wrote:

kidbazooka1 wrote:

My original decal 86 pft with holes and serial on bb.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a8293.jpeg

I painted some 90s GT forks maui blue just like that before I scored better forks for my 87. cool

I’m still looking for correct forks but it ain’t easy finding em. I was going for Martin aparijos 86 wft look from the GT TV tour.

Offline

 

#807 2021-08-04 6:15pm

Undercover
Pro MemberHot to Death
From: Southern New England
Signed up: 2015-05-03
Posts: 4952
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

kidbazooka1 wrote:

My original decal 86 pft with 4 holes and serial on bb.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a8293.jpeg

It’s hot

Offline

 

#808 2021-08-04 8:35pm

Kyle76
Pro Member
From: Chicago, IL.
Signed up: 2018-12-01
Posts: 330
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

From what I see.  Here is my DS6.  It seems the brake bridge on bottom is different from the DS7.  Both came stickered as '87s.  The DS6 was rounded while the DS7 has a squared middle brake bridgehttps://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/257326/img_20210804_223143173_hdr610b5c7e57.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/257326/img_20210804_223137117610b5c7f0a.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/257326/img_20210804_223124761_hdr610b5ca05c.jpg[img]IMG_20210804_223124761_HDR.jpg uploading ...[/img]

Last edited by Kyle76 (2021-08-04 8:36pm)

Offline

 

#809 2021-10-18 12:45pm

Tbeddiges
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2021-10-18
Posts: 1
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

I recently obtained what I’m assuming is an 86 performer. The frame is spray bombed, so I can’t tell what the original color is. Serial number is DS60534852. It doesn’t have the 4130 stamp, the rear dropouts have 4 holes, but no stamp telling if it’s a freestyle or race frame. There is no bridge between the two seat stays. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks

Offline

 

#810 2021-10-18 1:33pm

LMW3
Pro Member
From: US
Signed up: 2017-06-15
Posts: 2116
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 4
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

Tbeddiges wrote:

I recently obtained what I’m assuming is an 86 performer. The frame is spray bombed, so I can’t tell what the original color is. Serial number is DS60534852. It doesn’t have the 4130 stamp, the rear dropouts have 4 holes, but no stamp telling if it’s a freestyle or race frame. There is no bridge between the two seat stays. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks

Without pics it sounds like a Taiwan made 86 performer


Looking for:

-survivor dayglo yellow 85/86 Dyno compe

Offline

 

#811 2021-10-18 3:57pm

ConcreteTrash
Pro MemberFrank The Gangsta
From: The streets
Signed up: 2019-06-16
Posts: 4200
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/262687/16345978202193018599856499586908616dfbd98b.jpg
Ds6 serial on the dropout with lower brake bridge.


Freshour, Mongoose, GT, Dyno, Kuwahara, Free Agent, Schwinn.

Offline

 

Board footer