You are not logged in.

- OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -  RSS Feed

#51 2009-01-14 8:35am

Dyno-Mike
Has a 16" Dinky
From: Boston, MA
Registered: 2007-06-19
Posts: 7961
Bikes: 86

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

that isnt the same as the G5 rake

Offline

 

#52 2009-01-14 9:05am

91GT347
Museum Addict
From: Jacksonville, NC
Registered: 2008-02-28
Posts: 1468

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

I put this one together last weekend. I still need a blue post,and a rotor put on.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/91gt331/mb30.jpg

'86 Pro Performer
GT stem,bars,post,seat
GT gumwalls off my old '85 PP
ODI Mushrooms
Nippons
DX pedals
Cosomo-Lite cranks
Tuff Neck chainwheel
Peregrine 48's

Should this have a blue rotor ?
Cosmo Lite cranks factory ?
Anyone have a blue post ?

Before I got it shots:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/91gt331/P1010007-1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/91gt331/P1010008-2.jpg

Offline

 

#53 2009-01-14 11:10am

djd93306
Vet Pro
From: Bakersfield, CA
Registered: 2007-11-25
Posts: 3478
Bikes: 34

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

91GT347 wrote:

I put this one together last weekend. I still need a blue post,and a rotor put on.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/91gt331/mb30.jpg

'86 Pro Performer
GT stem,bars,post,seat
GT gumwalls off my old '85 PP
ODI Mushrooms
Nippons
DX pedals
Cosomo-Lite cranks
Tuff Neck chainwheel
Peregrine 48's

Should this have a blue rotor ?
Cosmo Lite cranks factory ?
Anyone have a blue post ?

Before I got it shots:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/ … 0007-1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/ … 0008-2.jpg

Is it a US or Japan? That one has cool rake too.


Can you ever really have enough GT's?

Offline

 

#54 2009-01-14 12:55pm

shamrockr
Member
Registered: 2007-09-25
Posts: 66
Bikes: 11

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

this is a cool topic.  I will add mine here  if it helps out.

  I got this brand new in May 1986 from My Local bike shop   I think for $350+/-  So this bike has no alterations and I have the whole bike intact but apart for the winter.

   Blue Gt Pro Performer tt-18.5 inches
   
    this is a G5 with a Japan sticker on BB

     4130 decal on seat tube

    4 holes on fork with one brake guide

    3 holes on the rear dropout 

    and judge for yourself  but I think it has the rake on the front head tube also.  On second thought maybe not:)
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/shamrockr_photo/GTPerformerjan2009005.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/shamrockr_photo/GTPerformerjan2009009.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/shamrockr_photo/GTPerformerjan2009002.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/shamrockr_photo/GTPerformerjan2009001.jpg

Last edited by shamrockr (2009-01-14 12:58pm)

Offline

 

#55 2009-01-14 1:33pm

macaltec
Pro Member
From: North Carolina
Registered: 2007-08-02
Posts: 1457
Bikes: 15
Website

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

To get back to the cable guides on the forks issue. My blue WT was originally a Performer and it has 2 cable guides. I'll dig around and find some pics of it before I redone it.

You can just make out the guide on the left leg of the frok in this one. This was how I got the f/f.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/macaltec/Bikes/100_5278.jpg

Last edited by macaltec (2009-01-14 1:40pm)


Since I'm here, and you're here, doesn't that make it our time?

Offline

 

#56 2009-01-17 10:24am

jimmybills
Pro Member'bueller...bueller....
From: Austin, TX
Registered: 2008-04-07
Posts: 430

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

'86 pro performer (original paint/stickers)
serial G6C00092
4130 stamp:  yes
holes on rear dropout:  3
made in japan sticker

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk241/jamesbwilliams/1231631195.jpg

Last edited by jimmybills (2009-01-17 10:26am)


i wake up in the morning i piss excellence

Offline

 

#57 2009-01-18 12:54pm

harojunkie
Centurion Member
From: Cleveland Ohio
Registered: 2007-12-02
Posts: 146
Bikes: 3

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

Mine is a Pro Performer

4 holes on drop out

4130 stamped

serial # on bottom bracket F6029517

was pink, then white, then red and now it is chrome.  Will get built up as pro performer or World Tour

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/harojunkie/GT003.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/harojunkie/GT004.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/harojunkie/GT001.jpg

Offline

 

#58 2009-01-19 5:49am

91GT347
Museum Addict
From: Jacksonville, NC
Registered: 2008-02-28
Posts: 1468

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

djd93306 wrote:

91GT347 wrote:

I put this one together last weekend. I still need a blue post,and a rotor put on.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/91gt331/mb30.jpg

'86 Pro Performer
GT stem,bars,post,seat
GT gumwalls off my old '85 PP
ODI Mushrooms
Nippons
DX pedals
Cosomo-Lite cranks
Tuff Neck chainwheel
Peregrine 48's

Should this have a blue rotor ?
Cosmo Lite cranks factory ?
Anyone have a blue post ?

Before I got it shots:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/ … 0007-1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/ … 0008-2.jpg

Is it a US or Japan? That one has cool rake too.

It has 4 holes in the dropout. Havent seen anything that said japan on it. Im really not sure though.

Offline

 

#59 2009-01-19 8:46am

acuzerfdw
Sponsored by: JB-Weld
From: Ontario, CA
Registered: 2007-07-26
Posts: 1955
Bikes: 7

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

^^^^What's the serial number and where is it located?^^^^


I DON'T HAVE ANYMORE BIKES OR PARTS... ALL MY PICS ARE OUTDATED


"The more people I know, the fewer I like." - gaijin

Offline

 

#60 2009-01-20 11:09am

brian65
Expert
From: SoCal IE
Registered: 2008-06-26
Posts: 665
Bikes: 4

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

91GT347 wrote:

It has 4 holes in the dropout. Havent seen anything that said japan on it. Im really not sure though.

well so far no Japan frame has four hole dropouts so its either a USA frame with the serial on the drop out or Taiwan frame with serial on the bottom bracket.....


84/85/86 GT Pro Performer

Offline

 

#61 2009-01-20 11:11am

djd93306
Vet Pro
From: Bakersfield, CA
Registered: 2007-11-25
Posts: 3478
Bikes: 34

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

brian65 wrote:

91GT347 wrote:

It has 4 holes in the dropout. Havent seen anything that said japan on it. Im really not sure though.

well so far no Japan frame has four hole dropouts so its either a USA frame with the serial on the drop out or Taiwan frame with serial on the bottom bracket.....

Many of the Japan frames have had 4 holes, they have all been the F6 ones so far but still Japanese.

Last edited by djd93306 (2009-01-20 11:21am)


Can you ever really have enough GT's?

Offline

 

#62 2009-01-20 11:39am

91GT347
Museum Addict
From: Jacksonville, NC
Registered: 2008-02-28
Posts: 1468

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

Its on the drop. So its US then, or you still need the number ?

Offline

 

#63 2009-01-20 3:26pm

brian65
Expert
From: SoCal IE
Registered: 2008-06-26
Posts: 665
Bikes: 4

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

djd93306 wrote:

Many of the Japan frames have had 4 holes, they have all been the F6 ones so far but still Japanese.

Ok... got  it.. so GT went from 5x to G5 to G6 to F6... any idea if this was the same frame shop for all japan frames...? any over lap would mean a different shop...


84/85/86 GT Pro Performer

Offline

 

#64 2009-01-20 5:23pm

djd93306
Vet Pro
From: Bakersfield, CA
Registered: 2007-11-25
Posts: 3478
Bikes: 34

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

brian65 wrote:

djd93306 wrote:

Many of the Japan frames have had 4 holes, they have all been the F6 ones so far but still Japanese.

Ok... got  it.. so GT went from 5x to G5 to G6 to F6... any idea if this was the same frame shop for all japan frames...? any over lap would mean a different shop...

I believe the G5/6 and F6 and then the T8are just different lines of production within the same company, came on GTs from 85- 88 89 or so.
The same company that made Hutchs apparently made the 5X and Z frames, these serials came on GTs early-mid 85.
All theory's of course. tongue


Can you ever really have enough GT's?

Offline

 

#65 2009-01-20 5:46pm

Dyno-Mike
Has a 16" Dinky
From: Boston, MA
Registered: 2007-06-19
Posts: 7961
Bikes: 86

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

haha, most are theory's when it comes to '80s GTs lol




heres one

1986 World Tour - New Paint/Stickers
serial # - 2861177
4130 stamp - YES
holes on dropout - 4
left and right cable guides on fork

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5726/007qr4.jpg

Offline

 

#66 2009-01-20 5:57pm

macaltec
Pro Member
From: North Carolina
Registered: 2007-08-02
Posts: 1457
Bikes: 15
Website

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

I stuck this together real quick today while watching it snow. Gonna end up pink/white but with a splash of blue. This is the same frame I posted in this thread earlier.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/macaltec/Bikes/100_7153.jpg


Since I'm here, and you're here, doesn't that make it our time?

Offline

 

#67 2009-01-21 9:30am

jimmybills
Pro Member'bueller...bueller....
From: Austin, TX
Registered: 2008-04-07
Posts: 430

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

can anybody shed some light on the different sprockets that came on the different models? I'm seeing 3 different ones and just trying to make sense.
hmm


i wake up in the morning i piss excellence

Offline

 

#68 2009-01-21 10:46am

brian65
Expert
From: SoCal IE
Registered: 2008-06-26
Posts: 665
Bikes: 4

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

for the most part,,  86 performers they had that slotted steel chain wheel. pro performers had that four spoke steel chain wheel that was a carry over from 85 performers and then the World Tour with the sugino/sr gt stamped power disc and chain ring....the chain wheel, crank, stem, brakes and bolt on standing platforms is what separates the models...


84/85/86 GT Pro Performer

Offline

 

#69 2009-01-21 12:13pm

djd93306
Vet Pro
From: Bakersfield, CA
Registered: 2007-11-25
Posts: 3478
Bikes: 34

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

I wonder if the number of holes has anything to do with the  pr. line to track it back? For instance you can keep tabs on a more specific group of people that may have produced the frame when only so many guys on any given day made a frame from say
G6 with 3 holes. hmm

Last edited by djd93306 (2009-01-21 12:59pm)


Can you ever really have enough GT's?

Offline

 

#70 2009-01-21 12:15pm

djd93306
Vet Pro
From: Bakersfield, CA
Registered: 2007-11-25
Posts: 3478
Bikes: 34

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

Wow Dyno Mike, Jayoldmanbmx and glenn1011 your guys Pro Performer has some killer rake its lowridin lol!
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh245/djd93306/dscn1183_medium_lg.jpg


Can you ever really have enough GT's?

Offline

 

#71 2009-01-21 1:52pm

91GT347
Museum Addict
From: Jacksonville, NC
Registered: 2008-02-28
Posts: 1468

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

brian65 wrote:

for the most part,,  86 performers they had that slotted steel chain wheel. pro performers had that four spoke steel chain wheel that was a carry over from 85 performers and then the World Tour with the sugino/sr gt stamped power disc and chain ring....the chain wheel, crank, stem, brakes and bolt on standing platforms is what separates the models...

This means my cosmolites and tuff neck chainwheel are not stock parts right ?

Offline

 

#72 2009-01-21 2:53pm

brian65
Expert
From: SoCal IE
Registered: 2008-06-26
Posts: 665
Bikes: 4

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

GT put SR tubular cranks on the Pro's,.I dont know for sure on that chain wheel. looks like the one gt used but not......


84/85/86 GT Pro Performer

Offline

 

#73 2009-01-21 5:50pm

b-rad
Pro Member
From: South east Michigan
Registered: 2007-09-16
Posts: 181
Bikes: 4

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

Here is mine 1986 GT Pro Performer Pink, it is also in the museum
Original paint and decals

Non Orignal parts:
1. Tioga quick release seat post clamp
2. Grips
3. Front Odyssey fork standers
4. Tires


Info about the bike:
3 hole rear drop out
4 hole on forks with left side cable guide
Serial # G5J09430
has 4130 stamp
no made in Japan sticker

I purchased from original owner, and was told that the only parts taken off or added were the seat post clamp, and fork standers were traded for the Odyssey ones. I put new brake cables, tires, and grips on it. the rest is Original to GT I only cleaned it up. One interesting thing is the rotor is not stamped or painted with the Odyssey name.

also some info worth posting
Pedals: 1/2" SR-SP513
Crank: SR Cosmo Lite heat treated
Disc: only has 43T 1/8 stamped in it
Chain: Izume Chrome and black
Front & rear brake: dia-comp MX900
Brake levers: Dia-comp Tech 4

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/Brad251/BMXbikes001.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/Brad251/BMXbikes024.jpg

Last edited by b-rad (2009-01-21 6:10pm)


Looking for DC MX1000 calipers In WHITE for Front and Rear prefer 86 and earlier dated
Looking for Odyssey Pit Bull in WHITE
Looking for Redline 400's
Looking for ACS Slant 55 stem,  PM me if you have what I need

Offline

 

#74 2009-01-21 6:41pm

Dyno-Mike
Has a 16" Dinky
From: Boston, MA
Registered: 2007-06-19
Posts: 7961
Bikes: 86

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

brian65 wrote:

for the most part,,  86 performers they had that slotted steel chain wheel. pro performers had that four spoke steel chain wheel that was a carry over from 85 performers and then the World Tour with the sugino/sr gt stamped power disc and chain ring....the chain wheel, crank, stem, brakes and bolt on standing platforms is what separates the models...

only the later performers/pro performers had the slotted "jason mask" style sprockets...the early performers/pro performers had the 4 spoke SR chainring

Offline

 

#75 2009-01-21 6:46pm

Dyno-Mike
Has a 16" Dinky
From: Boston, MA
Registered: 2007-06-19
Posts: 7961
Bikes: 86

Re: - OFFICIAL: 1986 GT Performer Thread -

djd93306 wrote:

Wow Dyno Mike, Jayoldmanbmx and glenn1011 your guys Pro Performer has some killer rake its lowridin lol!
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh24 … ium_lg.jpg

haha, ya man, thats the classic G5 rake, check out the my green pro performer under my bikes too....chopper style haha

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →