You are not logged in.

1982 Mongoose Supergoose  RSS Feed

#1 2007-03-14 8:31am

linwoodcycles
Banned
Bikes: 11
Website

1982 Mongoose Supergoose

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/82_mongoose_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/82_mongoose_2_copy0.jpg

1982 Mongoose Supergoose

""now sold""

ACS pat-pending Z-Rims with ACS Hubs, Redline V-Bars , Shimano DX pedals, Dia-Comp red brake pads.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Please check out my bikes in my profile..I'd like to know more about my redline

#2 2007-03-14 8:38am

lambohaha
The Kid Countach

Re: 1982 Mongoose Supergoose

Nice, super clean supergoose but...It`s the one thing that`ll catch my eye everytime and it`s a backwards downtube decal. You put all that time and effort and hard earned $$$ into it, at least get the decals right, please. Other than that, beautiful. Nice work. smile

#3 2007-03-14 9:09pm

linwoodcycles
Banned
Website

Lambohaha: Decals fitted are 100% Factory ... It dont look backwards to me..

#4 2007-03-14 9:36pm

mcater
Expert
Bikes: 10

lambohaha wrote:

Nice, super clean supergoose but...It`s the one thing that`ll catch my eye everytime and it`s a backwards downtube decal. You put all that time and effort and hard earned $$$ into it, at least get the decals right, please. Other than that, beautiful. Nice work. smile

Dude ..you point that out to everyone that puts orange on top. There has to have been some factory builds that ended up with red on bottom. Because it bothers you so much, it has started to bother me...I have 2 bikes with downtube sticker wrong way. I have thought about wasting 2 ,34 dollar sets just on the downtube sticker

#5 2007-03-14 9:37pm

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 4

Nah linwood supergoose decal is backwards  red stripe allways faces the front  only us goose heads will notice though  lol smile  still a great lookin bike

Get busy livin or get busy dyin......dam right
LOOKIN 4
Someone who can logo ol vinyl snap pads

#6 2007-03-14 10:39pm

mcater
Expert

79supergoose wrote:

Nah linwood supergoose decal is backwards  red stripe allways faces the front  only us goose heads will notice though  lol smile  still a great lookin bike

Nah....I know its on backwards...What I am saying is this....There wasnt a machine that was putting those stickers on back in 1982. When the factory "people" were putting those stickers on bikes, there 'had" to be a few or even many that managed to make it on the bike backwards. Human error then....Human error today...who cares. Its just that everytime a goose shows up with downtube sticker on backwards, Lambo points it out real quick. Not taking a dig at Lambo at all, just making an observation...For now on Red on top, orange on bottom

#7 2007-03-14 10:43pm

hutchheaven
Museum Addict
Bikes: 38
Website

Either way is technically correct IMHO.......Since I have seen scans from mags with them either way...........wink

Its not like the headtube decal is upside down or anything.......

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! I am in search of SUNDAY! and Odyssey stuff!!!!!
Grape and Orange Soda Watermelon and all Cool LE color ways!!!!!!
FUNDAY Aaron Ross 41 Thermal Pink Orange Purple etc......................

#8 2007-03-14 10:46pm

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted

hey if its backwards from the factory    dosent that make it more rare     like that stamp  with the upside down plane  .......or  as a matter of fact i heard today someone found a quarter with no face on it ......So yes it totally can be a factory mistake .......me i dont mind it  cause it gives it  its own individuality............But wait were are we going with this its just a decal  lol smile

Last edited by 79supergoose (2007-03-15 2:08pm)

LOOKIN 4

#9 2007-03-14 10:50pm

hutchheaven
Museum Addict
Website

Wouldn't actually add any value as it would be very simple to just buy a NOS decal and put it on backwards.....LOL///////

#10 2007-03-15 2:29am

shivadread
Museum Addict
Bikes: 8

Got to agree, going back to your Supergoose it's wicked

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

#11 2007-03-15 5:15am

lambohaha
The Kid Countach

mcater wrote:

79supergoose wrote:

Nah....I know its on backwards...What I am saying is this....There wasnt a machine that was putting those stickers on back in 1982. When the factory "people" were putting those stickers on bikes, there 'had" to be a few or even many that managed to make it on the bike backwards. Human error then....Human error today...who cares. Its just that everytime a goose shows up with downtube sticker on backwards, Lambo points it out real quick. Not taking a dig at Lambo at all, just making an observation...For now on Red on top, orange on bottom

Yeah, there was human error. They got paid by the hour or bike to get out as many as possible and I`m sure a few made it out "backwards" and if lins is that way well my apologies but the proper way is red to the front. When restoring one there is no rush to get the bike out in a hurry so it would be put on backwards as mistake or on purpose. I was merely pointing it out thinking it might have been a mistake on his part and was just trying to help, thats all. Ya know, I`m sorry that my pointng that out real quick bothers you but ya know what? If I see another one like that I`ll do it again provided noone beats me to the punch. Hey linwood, your bike still rocks dude. I wasn`t dissin` your bike by no means. If it come off that way I`m deeply sorry. I`ll try to be more tactful next time.

Avery

#12 2007-03-15 9:25am

hutchheaven
Museum Addict
Website

I point out stuff all the time as well....

Not trying to be a J/A just trying to be helpful!

All's good and if you see me make mistakes please feel free to point them out as it will help to correct them in the future!

Knowledge is power!!!!!!

#13 2007-03-15 10:24am

mcater
Expert

Jim
your right about knowledge....I have pointed out as well (about decal being backwards) to newbies here mainly because when I first came here Avery pointed out my dowtube and you pointed out my seat stay stickers on a ebay auction. Boy did I have them all screwed up. I was so excited to get that thing finished that i made NO REFERENCE to any sight before sticking...Stuck them and then went and looked after everyones email. I have learned a lot and thank bmxmuseum for most of my new knowledge. i must say OS has alot of good people there with very different opnions and views.

#14 2007-03-15 1:30pm

linwoodcycles
Banned
Website

Ha Ha ..ya learn something everyday..Sticker is stock thro..its even starting to peel due to age.I've seen brand new bikes with stickers on up side down from the factory and I have a 38H Odyssey T1000 rim.  So things dont allways go to plan..

#15 2007-03-15 2:14pm

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted

yeah it was most likly put on at the factory at  4:50 in the afternoon on a friday smile

Hey ive screwed up a decal too on my red mongoose the one on the seatube is supposed to be right under the top tube ,,I put it about a inch to low.I relized it after lookin at a pic i took before it got powdercoated and the originals were still there .So hey we all screw up eventually .But  if i dident tell anyone who would ever notice .

LOOKIN 4

#16 2007-03-15 11:27pm

linwoodcycles
Banned
Website

I've never heard the red stripe goes to the front..I'll remeber that..I see the retro top tube sticker is red to the front....   I've asked at my end for a new sticker set for the retro as the decal should be on the lower tube ....Or were pre 80 or round about on the top tube?..

#17 2007-03-16 12:12am

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted

I have a blue 81 mongoose and the original decal is on the bottom tube  mongoose started to do that only cause the top pad would cover the decal .That is the only reason they moved it .  So your retro is in the right place .Also  as you see these are original  a mess but original ..and non prism and it to has the red stripe in front too.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/79supergoose/DSC01860-1.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/79supergoose/DSC01861.jpgAlso the headtubes first stipe is red  so im guessing that is the main reason red goes first on the top tube  ,,,only to match the headtube .Thats what i think an im stickin to it smile
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/79supergoose/DSC01855-1.jpg

Last edited by 79supergoose (2007-03-16 12:26am)

LOOKIN 4

#18 2007-03-16 1:43am

linwoodcycles
Banned
Website

Nice .. I do like unrestored bmx bikes more than restored ones,, as unrestored have storys that you can see..I have just brought a usa made 1980 minigoose? with 20" wheels and no front gusset.. the person selling it would not undo the rusted dome's on the pad set to say what was under it but frame number is CKO  . it has mongoose pads and a mongoose badge on the rear of the seat.. I'm hanging to see it..

#19 2007-03-16 3:21am

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted

yes this one the guy said its original blue  and looking at the scratches i really dont  see any other color under it .I definatly will try to make it as original as i can with this  but that paint and decals are the last thing to get done......Also it does not appear  to be nickle or chrome at all under the paint  .Im off to a good start with parts  found 175 mm stamped mongoose cranks and BB  .A awsome, looks rechromed, snowflake chainwheel and ol school ANNO blue rat trap pedals  with reflectors smile   So allready have the cranks complete.

Good luck with the Mini  sure dont see many of those

LOOKIN 4

#20 2007-03-16 3:32am

lambohaha
The Kid Countach

79supergoose wrote:

yeah it was most likly put on at the factory at  4:50 in the afternoon on a friday smile

That, or 1st thing monday morning...hmm

#21 2007-03-18 11:21am

elfdoublecross
Pro Member36-40 Intermediate "Sarge"
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 5

the bike looks good either way- i like it!

U S A R / 74 D / R E C O N  P S G

Board footer

View Cart →