1984 Skyway T/A XL
It took me about 4 years to figure out how I wanted to build this and acquire the parts.
This bike was built with several guiding principles
1. Be era correct
2. It's a Skyway so I wanted to use as many Skyway parts as possible. I'm not a fan of gold so I chose not to use graphites.
3. Skyway is an American company so I tried to use as many American made parts as possible.
4. Once I decided to use Blue Tuff II's, i decided all non metal parts would be Blue i.e. seat & grips.
5. All alloy parts would be Red.
6. Because it's an XL it needed appropriate size & strength parts i.e. chromoly cranks, chromoly headset, laid back post & XT bars.
7. Build it like I build my childhood bikes; for all-purpose usage with a front brake.
8. The seat had to be an Aero because the F&F are TA Totally Aerodynamic :).
9. Don't get carried away with colors; black tires, chrome bars, chrome post & silver chain.
Submitted by JoeKat