1980 SE Racing P.K. Ripper
Local Survivor Garage Find
I found this bike a few towns over from me where it was hanging in the garage for over 25 years. It still has the Scavone's Bike Shop (Belleville NJ) decal on it! Cool!
As a true survivor, it wasn't rideable. Chain was completely rusted, both tires were blown out, almost nothing left of the grips, headset was all sorts of screwed up and when I tried to raise the se troxel seat, the seatpost cracked in half. The other half was INSIDE the seatmast. What an ordeal to get that out.
Every original part taken off is kept in a box so if I wanted to bring it back to 100% survivor condition (see last photo), I can do so. I even kept what was left of the grips and the blown out tires!
Everything I added were super deals on rider condition parts, so this bike didn't hurt the paypal account for a change. LOL.
- 80 PK Ripper Looptail Frame
- Landing Gear forks
- Redline 401 Flight cranks, single pinch, full wrap
- Redline 44t Chainwheel
- Tuf Neck
- Tange SC-2 Seatclamp
- Elina Seat (not pictured. I put a comfy mid 80's beatup Odyssey seat for my ta-ta's riding pleasure)
- SE Seatpost
- Araya 7x/Sunshine Hubs
- Comp III Chen Shin Tires for daily riding
- Dia Compe Prebent lever
- Dia Compe 1020 Caliper and the original cable that still works great although a lil' short!
- Mushroom ODI's
- SE Powerwing Expert Bars
- Shimano DX Pedals
- Tange 125 headset w/Tange locknut
Bike handles great and is very light. I plan on racing her very soon.