2000 Schwinn Canadian Beast Jay Miron
Schwinn U.S.A-made Jay Miron Signature frame
Schwinn Torque Flite made its appearance in 1997, it was the team ride for some cool riders (including Jay Miron & Dave Osato) of the Schwinn-Toyota freestyle team.
In the year 2000, Torque Flite became the signature frame of Jay Miron himself.....and Schwinn sold this frame under his nickname: "Canadian Beast"
I'm planning on building this beauty, and riding it from time to time to remember those good old days :)
I'll update it as long as there's progress.
- Frame: Schwinn Canadian Beast 100% 4130 Cr-Mo, U.S.A-made. internally machined headtube and bottom bracket, lighter and butted tubing, NO serial number on the frame.
- Forks: -
- Headset: Cane Creek Tank Jump
- Handlebars: Schwinn/XS Freestyle 4pc, Cro-Mo
- Stem: Schwinn/XS Six Shooter,Midnight Special Pro XL, CNC'ed U.S.A-made.
- Cranks: -
- Sprocket: Schwinn 44t CNC'ed U.S.A-made.
- Seatpost Clamp: Schwinn/XS Six Shooter polished, CNC'ed U.S.A-made.
- Brakes: Diatech U-BOX brakes with titanium bolts.
- Brake Levers: DiaCompe Tech-77, non-locking.
- Hubs: Front: Schwinn/XS 4X4 V2 48h with 3/8'' axle_Rear: Schwinn/XS 4X4 V2 48h with 14mm hollow axle.
- Rims: Araya RB-J1 Himiko 48h, Japan-made
Special thanks to Redmon Danforth, member "radical red", for his personal time on this bike.
Also i would like to thank:
Victor Aguirre, member "SeVeN7", for selling his frame to me and for sharing those images.
Submitted by Duke 01