1980 Redline Proline
This is my original BMX machine from back in the day.
I started out in the late '70s with a department store tank of a bike called a St. Tropez. Slowly, as my limited income from allowances and odd jobs would allow, I would upgrade the bike with real parts. On Christmas 1980, Santa delivered the greatest gift ever to a BMX freak. A Red Line Pro-Line frame and fork! Pure Heaven! (I still have a photo of the frame & fork under the tree.)
After hundreds of miles of riding everywhere and countless NBL races over the next 6-7 years, this is how the bike ended up. I raced around NJ in places like Howell, Long Branch, Flemington & Englishtown. The Red Line is now a mid-'80s BMX time machine. I've broken every part on a bike as many of you have. Among them, the original Pro-Line forks ejected the front wheel one day on a hard jump landing hence the tapered Pro-Line II forks on it now.
- Redline 185mm 401 Flight Cranks
- Sun Tour XC-II beartrap pedals
- D.I.D. chrome chain
- Araya 7C 20x1.75 rims w/ Suzue hubs
- Comp III tires (2.125 front; 1.75 rear)
- Dia-Compe MX brakes
- Redline Super Pro Line stem "The Brute"
- Sun Tour Head Lock-Up
- CW Pro handlebars
- Elina Lightning Bolt seat
- GT seat post
- Sun Tour seat post clamp
- Oakley F1 grips
- Haro/Bicycle Motocross Action number plate w/ Zeronine numbers
- One well worn Red Line frame pad zip tied to the handle bars.
Submitted by 80 PRO-LINE