1999 Profile Racing PR Cruiser 24
My holy grail. In 1990-something, I walked into a bike/skate shop in Skokie, IL, and saw a red one hanging from the ceiling. I knew at that moment that it was the most beautiful bike I'd ever seen, and that, one day, I would make one my own. Fast forward to December of 2010. I was browsing Ebay, and came across the f/f. The opening bid was waaaaaay more than I was willing to spend, so I watched the auction for a couple of days. Nobody ever placed a bid, so I decided to PM the seller once the auction ended. He threw out a number that was substantially lower than the opening bid, and I went for it. Since she arrived in January, I've slowly but surely been picking up the parts to complete her. While it wasn't in the cards for me to pick up Profile cassette hubs, a Profile stem, Profile bars, or Profile pedals, I got other choice Profile parts. I even got in touch with the seller a few weeks later to pick up the seat, which I again got for a much lower price than the opening Ebay bid. Here's what she's made of:
- Profile Pro Cruiser 24 frame w/ Profile forks
- S&M 5.75" Race cruiser bars
- Odi Rogue grips w/ lock rings
- Profile XL stem
- Profile Stemlock
- FSA "Orbit Xtreme" sealed cartridge headset
- Sunspeed "Blue Bat" spacers
- Shimano DX V brakes w/ lever
- Profile 180mm 3 pc cranks w/ Profile bb and Profile hardware
- Profile Gas Pedals (sealed)
- Profile "Ripsaw" 45T gear (I really want her to haul ass, but I'll go with a smaller one if clearance is a problem)
- Sun "Rhyno Lite" 24x1.75" rims, red annodized spoke nipples
- Tioga white letter "Comp III" tires; 24x2.125" front, 24x1.75" rear (old school race set-up baby!)
- Custom 44T BMX Club valve caps
- Red annodized Profile mini cassette hubs w/ 17T Profile cog and allen bolt set-up
- KMC chain
- Profile chain tensioners
- Profile "Wing P" SDG Bel Air seat (embroidered)
- Thomson "Elite" 28.6x330mm seatpost (light as F**K!)
- Profile 1.125" spc
- Lizard Skins padset
I never expected to find one in this grey color, but once I did, I wanted to give her a stealthy appearance. The choice to go with the blue headset spacers came from a sort of vision of Megatron with the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. She is a perfect fit for me whether I use her for racing or cruising. Good luck trying to take her away from me, and if you manage to do so, get ready for me to bring it.
PROFILE UPDATE: THANKS TO ERIC (SQUIRRELBITE), I GOT ME SOME PROFILE MINI CASSETTE HUBS!!! CHECK THE NEW SPECS -- YAYUUHH!!!
PROFILE UPDATE: THROUGH A DOPE TRADE, BOSSHOGG80 HOOKED ME UP WITH THE PROFILE STEM!!! SHE'S TRULY TAKING THE FORM OF THE PERSONAL HOLY GRAIL THAT SHE IS -- THANKS, MATT!!!
PROFILE UPDATE: I'VE ADDED PROFILE GAS PEDALS (THANKS, MATT!).