1979 Powerlite Pro
Beautifully restored Powerlite Pro.
This is my super rare and beautifully restored 1979 Powerlite Pro. I finished building this bike at the end of last summer (2018). Since being built it has never been ridden. Only pushed around at my house or to shows. These bikes are VERY hard to come by. The smaller standard frames are usually what you find. When I built this last summer I spent a lot of time hunting NOS or excellent condition parts for this build. I also spent a long time hunting down an exact color match for the frame and fork. I finally found a guy that was able to match the color exactly to the original. This is one of the nicest blue 78-80 Powerlite Pro you will ever see. Its also one of the lightest bikes I have ever owned.
- 1979 Powerlite Pro frame (19” top tube with brace between chainstays) with standard Powerlite fork Powdercoated in original Blue color
- Powerlite Jr. Pro PowerBend handlebars, Unknurled, 26.5” wide 6.5” rise.
- Reproduction Powerlite top tube and handlebar pads
- NOS Tuf Neck stem pad
- NOS Red anodized Tuf Neck Stem
- Red Araya 7C wheels with ACS high flange hubs. Both dated 78
- Suntour 16T Freewheel
- NOS Red Duro Comp 2 tan wall tires
- Polished Sugino Super Maxy 170mm cranks
- NOS Red Sugino 41T Chanring
- Red MKS BM-7 pedals
- Red Dia-Compe 890 rear brake caliper
- NOS Red Dia-Compe pre-bent brake lever
- NOS red Oury waffle grips
- Race Inc seat post with reproduction decal
- NOS Red Suntour seat post clamp, unstamped
- Red Viscount MX seat. Some minor marks at the back.
- NOS Zeronine Wildfire race plate.
Submitted by Nelly