2001 Planet X
British made rare in the extreme - one of the few examples known. The result of extensive searches was that only one other example of this Planet X could be found!
Planet X based in Yorkshire, England made a small number these cool frames, just one short run in 2001. This frame was delivered in lacquer/clear coat over bare metal. The company name decals on each side of the bottom tube are under the clear coat. There is a metal 'X' badge on the head tube but the bike does no have any model name. Examples branded as Planet X are far from common, this is due to the fact the decision was to sell the bikes in 2002 under a sub division of the company called On One. These were given the model name The Runt but still a very rare BMX as only very of the Runt frames were made and came out of the same run. (only one On One Runt is registered on here - https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/on_one/18799
This Planet X is probably unique as it is probably the only NOS example on the planet!
- Odyssey 41 Thermal 165mm 3 piece cranks. 19mm hollow Cromoly spindle, sealed bearings in alloy sleeves.
- Odyssey 41 Thermal 4130 - Legendary freestyle fork
- 2 x Odyssey M Pegs (not fitted in photos).
- Superstar Elect bottom loader stem.
- Odyssey freewheel.
- Odyssey Monolever. (not fitted in photos)
- Odyssey EVO II brake (not fitted in photos)
- Cut down Mongoose handlebars. (BMX Museum decal on crossbar!)
- Vintage Macneil SL pivotal seat & Macneil post.
- Salt seat post clamp.
- Gusset Slim Jim Pedals.
- Profile Imperial 36T chainwheel,
- Odyssey Dirt Path front tyre.
- Odyssey Hazard front rim with original Gen 1 Vandero red anodised hub.
- Rare French Twenty BMX rear flip-flop hub laced onto Sun Rhino rear rim.
- ASM street slick rear.
Submitted by 20-20
- Company: Planet X BMX
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Toptube length: 21
- Headtube size: 1"