1980 Mongoose Supergoose
My original May 1980 built Mongoose Supergoose that I've owned since new.
40 year old Supergoose with nearly all original and NOS Mongoose parts.
I got the bike brand new from my parents for my 13th birthday.
Rode and raced it for many years, changing various parts as I went along, and after getting my drivers license in 1987 it was put away in the garage as a tired old racer and never ridden again.
The last photo of it with the black Skyway Tuffs shows how it came out of storage after 33 years. I've retained all the additional race spec parts should I ever wish to put it back to how it looked after I finished racing it.
It's now a classic looking Supergoose... winding the clock back to how it arrived new from the bike store (PRM in Melbourne, Australia)
The original chrome finished frame and forks were just hand polished and re stickered.
Otherwise everything else was either cleaned or replaced with NOS parts as follows:
- Frame- 1980 Mongoose Supergoose 1 / T series
- Forks - Team Mongoose
- Bars - Mongoose Stainless Steel stamped
- Grips - Mongoose repop (been replaced with 7/8" stamped NOS)
- Stem - Mongoose/ Gold Stem
- Headset - Mongoose stamped
- Seat - Kashimax MX dated 1980 NOS
- Seat guts - Kashimax stamped
- Seat post - Mongoose Stainless Steel NOS
- Seat clamp - Mongoose stamped NOS
- Cranks - Mongoose stamped dated 1980
- Pedals - KKT chrome K-MX NOS
- Bottom bracket - Mongoose stamped
- Spider - Mongoose/ gold stamped
- Chain ring - Shimano/ 44 tooth (been replaced with 39 tooth NOS)
- Chain - Izumi
- Cable clips - Dura-Ace
- Brakes - Shimano Tourney dated 1981 with matching Shimano bent brake lever
- Brake pads- Skyway Tuff Pads
- Wheels - Skyway Tuff II with metal flanges
- Tires - Panaracer NTKK Snake Bellys (2.125 front, 1.75 rear)
- Safety pads - Mongoose/ Rad Pad 3 piece NOS
- Stickers- Mongoose sticker set with textured finish
Submitted by Rosey