1988 Mongoose Expert
Pretty much OG to the bone thrift store find.
1988 Mongoose Expert in black with original paint and decals and all components except the seat and front tire which is a period correct Viscount Trick Top and a Comp III style skin wall with Ross Bicycles Branding. This bikes has had a complete overhaul with new grease on bearings and all parts cleaned and polished. This rig was a carpet queen and barely needed its nose wiped since it was stored in a climate controlled environment for the whole of its life. A pretty amazing survivor. Here is the run down on the bike:
- Frame and Fork: 1988 Mongoose Frame and Fork with original paint and decals, polished with very little wear.
- Wheels: Mongoose Pro Class Rims laced to ACS 48 spoke hubs and a Suntour Chromoly freewheel.
- Tires: Comp II style skin walls 20X2.125 front and 20x1.75 rear.
- Handlebars: Mongoose Pro Class Black (knurling shows slight marks from stem mounting)
- Stem: Polygon 104-40 Chromoly Quill and Alloy Top Cap with Cromo Bolts.
- Headset: YST
- Cranks: SR Cosmo Lite Heat Treated Boron, 170MM One Piece Cranks
- Sprocket: Lun Chi
- Bottom Bracket: YST
- Brake Set: Lee Chi MX, Black
- Chain: Chrome and Black
- Grips: Ame Tri
- Seat Post Clamp: Mongoose Donut
- Seat: Viscount Trick Top (scratched into the side is "Night Stalker" priceless)
- Pedals: SR MP 474
Submitted by Jayrev67