2010 Intense Podium Factory 24
My first new bike in over ten years!
My 2010 Intense Factory 24.
There is not much of a story around this one. In late 2009 I decided I missed riding my BMXs so pulled out my old Trek Y frame cruiser from the 1990s. I had a bit of fun at a couple of club days and raced my local state titles and managed to scrape my way into the main, only to run out of puff and run in 8th.
Making the main at a state event helped me decide to spend some money and upgrade from my old 13 year old bike to a new one.
I looked around at what was popular these days and was seeing a lot of new GTs and Intense in the cruiser classes to decided to look for those and ride them to see if I liked them. I rode the intense in both a 20 and 24, and found the 24 to be a bit more forgiving for someone like me who has been away form the sport for over ten years.
I made some calls and closed the deal on the bike you see here.
It is pretty close to standard with a few personal touches including THE number plate and Tektro right hand lever (over here in Australia most people run the rear brake level on the left hand side).
After racing at a few more events I'm planning to change the gears up a bit and get rid of the SINZ brakes - I just cant get them to work properly without rubbing - Neither can any bike mechanics who've looked at them, so the plan is to upgarde them, probably to Shimao XTR or another high end model.
- Frame: Factory 21" 6061 Hydroformed TT
- Fork: SINZ Stealth Carbon Fiber Fork 1 1/8" Steer
- Headset: SINZ Sealed Bearing
- Handlebars: SINZ Chromolly 5.5"
- Stem: SINZ Pro Lite 50mm
- Grips: SINZ130mm Sticky Grips
- Seatpost: SINZ Alloy Post
- Freewheel: Cassette 18 tooth
- Saddle: THE MINT-X Saddle
- Crankset: SINZ 2 pc Chromoly 180mm
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Bearings, Chromoly Spindle
- Chainwheel: BMX Alloy 41 Tooth
- Rear Brake: Tektro Alloy Linear
- Brake Levers: SINZ Alloy (soon to change)
- Brake Cable: Pro-Whip
- Pedals: SINZ Pro Platform Replaceable Pins
- Chain: SINZ Chrome 1/2 x 3/32"
- Front Hub: SINZ Alloy Sealed Bearing 32 bladed spokes
- Rear Hub: SINZ Alloy Sealed Bearing Cassette 36 Bladed Spokes
- Rims: SINZ 32/36 Holes 24x1.75"
- Tires: ITS MicroKobby 24x1.85 / 24x1.75"
- Tensioners: SINZ Expert
- Color: Silver
- Top Tube: 21"
- Chainstay: 15.25-16.75
- Headtube: 73 Degree
- Seat Tube: 69 Degree
- BB Height: 12"
Submitted by Fiver
- 2375 views
- 1 comment