2017 Haro Master Flatland
Haro Flatland Master
Welp, I did it. A new school bike. I was never a fan of the retro bikes all of the old companies were putting out these days, due to the fact that I still found the old bikes to be functional and comfortable for me. But I just couldn't hold out any more. These new modern Haro Masters, with their refined geometry were just too cool to deny. This flatland-friendly version was highly vouched-for by trusted riders who know how I ride, and I love that it was made not just to be a nostalgic trinket, but designed to be really ridden, with functionality at to the top of the priority list. I just got it together and I can tell, it's a nice hybrid of modern geometry and old school style and comfort that feels like a proper evolution from my 91-92 Ground Master (which were my main riders for the past few decades). I'm excited to get to know this new machine! Thanks to everyone who helped me get this one together.
- Frame: 2017 Haro Flatland Master
- Fork: WeThePeople "Mantis" Flatland - Minimal offset
- Cranks: Haro Lineage, "Group 1" retro
- Sprocket: Haro 28t, "88 Team Disc" retro
- Bars: Diamond Back Woody Bars (previously, S&M Intrikat)
- Stem: GT Mallet retro/threadless (previously, Brick House Bikes flatland)
- Rear Hub: KHE, Geisha "Street" Freecoaster
- Front Hub: Odyssey, Vandero
- Rims: Odyssey, Hazzard Lite, 36h
- Seat Clamp: Odyssey, a black one
- Brakes: Odyssey EVO-II (front & rear)
- Levers: Dia-Compe Tech-77, my old ones from the 80s, they've obviously seen some pavement.
- Detangler: SNAFU Mobeus, w/ Odyssey Gyro XL Top Plate
- Cables: Odyssey Slic jawns
- Pedals: Animal, Hamilton pedals, smoked clear
- Grips: Animal, Edwin jawns..... "I love these shits" —says Dennis McCoy
- Headset: no freakin clue, but it dropped right in.
- Seat: 1990 GT Viscount, with some Homeboy stickers
- Seatpost: Kalin, alloy micro-adjust
- Chain: KMC Nickel
- Tires: Primo V-Monsters (90's tread) 1.95"
- Pegs: No freakin clue, but I love 'em! (Thanks to Ryan for drilling the rears to 14mm!)