2001 Haro Backtrail Pro
U.S.A-Made Backtrail Pro frame & early 00's Haro Pro series parts
The last BMX bike i bought before joining the Museum.
That was in early 2002, when the local bike shop guy told me that Haro was going to run some special made USA-Made Backtrail & Mirra Pro frames.
I wanted to try a USA built frame in order to compare it with the Taiwan made Haros and finally I made the jump by ordering the frame from that dealer here in Greece.
So, just the frame itself cost me about 500 euros (included shipping and dealer charges) which left me 2 months broke back then and with NO bike. Only a frame to stare at and some parts lol
The 3pc crank-set & MegaNuke sprocket were removed from a 2000 Haro Mirra Pro Model complete bike.
I also bought separately the rest of the parts in order to look like Ryan's bike...the guy who inspired me on this build.
- Frame: Haro Backtrail Pro Y2K1, U.S.A-made, 100% Cr-Mo, CNC'd head tube and bottom bracket, serial number on the right dropout reads: H00864
- Fork: Haro Straight Shooter Full Cr-Mo with CNC'ed steerer
- Bars: Haro Nyquist/Jack-Hammer 4130 Cr-Mo (same feel as the GT Vert bars, which are my favorites)
- Cranks: Fusion 3pc tubular Cr-Mo 175mm
- Chainring: Haro MegaNuke 10mm thick, U.S.A-made
- Headset: FSA Sky Pilot sealed 1-1/8"
- Brake Lever: Dia-Compe Tech 99
- Rotor: SST Oryg with Snafu Astroglide upper cable
- U-Brake: Dia-Compe 990 with Cool stop brake paddles
- Stem: Haro Big Block
- Seat Clamp: Haro Double Ought
- Seat Post: Aluminium, generic
- Rear Hub: Formula 14mm sealed 48h
- Front Hub: Haro MegaHub sealed, female hub
- Saddle: Haro Mirra Pro Landing Pad
- Pedals: Primo Super Tenderizer
- Chain: KMC Z510
- Rims: Alex Supra Alpha
- Tires: Maxxis Hookworm
- Freewheel: 16t ACS Claws
*UPDATE: Bike is going through some changes, new and better parts will be fitted. It will be lightened too...i know it sounds as a joke,but some way to heavy parts have got to go..frame STAYS!