1999 GT Fueler
ALL original 99' GT Fueler_minus the grips
I got this bike on here, reasonably priced, and it's in much better condition than i thought in the first place :)
Grips were dry and to be honest: rotten, so i replaced them with a set of WTP grips i had laying around for now.
As usual, the SUPER-7X rims are pitted, but not flaking yet.
If the rims were not actually pitted, it could definitely pass for a mint bike!
The good part is that the original decals are all there, 95% intact for a 13 year old bike! TIME Machine :)
Gotta love it!!
I still remember the days when Mike Parenti (GT Team rider) rode the very same beast at the X-Games and not only.
John Parker also rode a Fueler.
- GT steel bar ends in 25.4mm (nos)
- Aluminium dropout washers that were found on the Mohawk Elite series "race" hubs (nos)
Future upgrades will include:
- A set of GT OverDrive (Drive-Shaft) 3pc cranks in 180mm
- GT USA Piston XL stem, in polished
- GT Overdrive Light USA-Made sprocket, in black anno
- Frame: GT Fueler 100% 4130 Cr-Mo, USA made, CNC'ed head tube and Bottom Bracket, serial number on the left dropout reads: 09980412
- Forks: GT Trail Fork, 4130 Cro-Mo, 1-1/8'' CNC'ed steerer tube
- Bars: GT "FUBAR" bars, 4130 Cr-Mo, full 25.4mm/1'' diameter bars
- Stem: GT Piston Pro XL stem
- Headset: Cane Creek/Aheadset SX-1
- Cranks: GT "Racing" 1pc cranks, 180mm
- Hubs: GT Mohawk 48h, sealed, high flange
- Rims: Araya Super 7x, 48h, double wall
- Chainring: GT 44t sprocket
- Chain: KMC Stretch-Proof
- Pedals: GT Platform VP-823
- Freewheel: ACS Claws 16t, Cr-Mo
- U-brake: Diacompe AD990
- Brake Lever: Diacompe MX-97 (for 25.4mm bars)
- Cable: GT "Racing"
- Rotor: -
- Seatpost clamp: Integrated
- Seatpost: GT Cr-Mo 31.8mm with Micro Adjust
- Seat: GT Dropnose
- Tires: Powerlite RetroTread (2.125 on the front - 1.75 on the back)
* Pedals are not installed as you may noticed :P That's because i prepared them for 3PC cranks and that for i swapped the axles from 1/2" to 9/16", thanks to another set of GT platform VP-823 pedals i had laying around.