2010 Custom Built Quadangle 12
One off custom kids bike made to mimic Old School flavor and trickness.
Decided my son needed a cool bike, so I made him one. I thought of all the cools stuff I owned as a kid and tried to put a little of it all in the design. Most pcs. are custom CNC bits, Including axle nuts, pedal spindles, and hub cones. I laser cut and rolled the pedal cages, Polished and shined every piece I could. Stuff I didn't want to make, I was sure to get close to the OS look and feel. Best part, is my son has no idea what he's riding.
- Frame: Aluminum, SE Quad type
- Fork: Rockshock Magnesium uppers, with custom CNC Dropouts. The drops do not have a typical slot and you have to remove the whole axle to take out the front wheel.
- Headset: Canecreek
- Bars: Custom 1-1/8" Vector style with integrated clamp
- Grips: ODI
- Seat post clamp: Profile
- Seat, seat post: Velo, custom post
- Wheels: Skyway Tuffs, yes 12" with coaster brake, and sealed bearing front.
- Bottom Bracket: Cane Creek Aheadset, yep I used an 1-1/8" aheadset for the BB
- Cranks: All custom, made to look a little like flights full wrap, single pinch bolt. Reduced overall Q-factor since kids are smaller.
- Sprocket: Custom CNC, Turbine fin
- Pedals: Custom CNC, Tritron type but with a twist. Laser cut cages, aluminum spindles, sealed bearings.
- Chain: Sram
- Extras: Custom CNC hub cones, axle nuts. Crupi dropout savers
To all the OS BMX'ers out there, THANK YOU for the kind words, and building community that gives so much back to a fantastic sport.
Submitted by basicbicycles
- Pit Bike
- Company: Custom Built
- Wheel Size: 12"
- Headtube angle: 70
- Seattube angle: 70
- Toptube length: 11"
- Headtube size: 1-1/8"
- Details It's all in the details.