1982 Challenger Racing 5 Bar Cruiser 24
Bought this off a local FB page and brung it back to life. All parts just cleaned, nothing restored.
1982 Challenger “5 Bar Cruiser”
Bought this off a local FB page.
When I got it there was surface rust all over it so I completely dismantled it and soaked all affected parts in vinegar.
See below for original condition.
As mentioned above I only added grips and changed the tires.
- 1982 Challenger Racing Frame
- Unstamped, Non drilled Landing Gear forks
- ARAYA 7X rims to Suntour sealed hubs
- Unknown headset with Suntour headlock and SST dirtskirt
- Redline Brute Stem
- GT Cruiser bars, un-knurled and uncut
- A’ME round grips (Bubble Font)
- Dia Compe tech 3 lever to Dia Compe 890 Caliper
- Dia Compe hinged seatpost clamp
- Unknown fluted post
- Cycle Pro Shotgun 2 seat
- Takagi 180mm cranks
- Range Beartrap bottom bracket
- Sugino Spider
- Sugino 41T chainring
- Shimano DX Pedals
- Tioga Comp 3 tireon rear
- National Tire on front