1999 2 Hip Stout Boy
The Last year of the frame. It had gyro guides, seat stay 990 mounts, and 14 mm axle slots. It was 1 1/8". This is a late 90s "look", but with some newer upgrades. Some parts may change.
I got this frame from ebay. I was hoping it was my old frame that was stolen from me in 2003. It turned out it wasn't, and the seller even made me a deal. I would say I was happy to see a frame like this again. They were fairly rare even in 1999. I stripped about 5 layers of spraybomb off. I cleaned it up, repainted it the flat black it was from the factory, and now you see it here.
In the same year 2hip came out with the Terra Firma, which seemed to replace it. This is the only year the Stout Boy was 1 1/8." It also had (on mine they were cut off) gyro guides, seat stay 990mts, and 14mm axle slots. The frame is over 8 lbs.
The parts are mainly just from the 2006 and older time-frame. As it looks in Oct 2011 it has:
- Frame 1999 2hip Stout Boy
- Fork Odyssey Flatland 41thermal forks (first style), but now S&M Pitchforks (not pictured yet)
- Bars 2hip Flat bars
- Grips ODI longnecks with Kink bar ends
- Levers Dia Compe Tech 77
- Stem Coalition top or bottom load with the included top gyro plate
- Headset Dia Compe Aheadset Freestyle
- Detangler Odyssey Gyro 3 middle section and GTX printed lower piece using Dragonflys top cable and a SST lower "normal" cable
- Brakes Dia Tech Hombre's front and rear with the Fiesta kit parts and Kool Stop Eagle Claw pads
- Seat Odyssey 99er
- Seat Post Primo Rod
- Seat clamp Federal
- Wheelset Peregrine Super Pro front wheel with a rear Super Pro rim laced to a Nankia Technolite free-coaster
- Pegs Function grip tape
- Crankset GT 170mm
- Sprocket DK Iron Cross 30t
- Pedals Odyssey Twisted pedals plastic
- Chain KMC Z
- Chain tensioners Quamen pops 14mm to 3/8"
- Tires Odyssey Frequency G Klyte folding
Submitted by cdridesonly