http://doublecrossbikes.com/handlebars/ … pport-bars
Doublecross "Life Support Bars"
- Intended for BMX racing
- On the market since at least February 2013 and available for sale through 2017
- Designed to stop handlebar failure
- Brought to market because Doublecross' owner (Bob) once had a pair of bars fail which sent him to the hospital
- The "Life Support Gusset" was developed to make these handlebars stronger
- The bars' sweeps were chosen after consulting with an orthopedic surgeon - they're perfectly natural to your body when riding
- Material: heat treated 4130 chromoly
- Tubing: 13 butts in the tubing - to save a little weight and a gusset
- Color: black (but supposedly, "other colors coming soon")
- Rise: 5.75" (cruiser), 7.5", 8", 8.5", 9", 9.5", 10"
- Width: 28"
- Backsweep: 10°
- Upsweep: 1°
- MSRP: $68.95
- Used by:
- Made in... Overseas (I believe Taiwan), but can't confirm yet
Sources for this Reference Page
- Doublecross website: http://doublecrossbikes.com/handlebars/ … pport-bars
- BMX Edge website: http://bmxedge.com.au/shop/product_info … cts_id=626
DC Description wrote:
Life Support Bars
Doublecross "Life Support Bars" are product that was designed to stop handlebar failure. My own personal experience has brought "Life Support Bars" to market. I had a set of bars fail and it sent me to the hospital. Always trying to make parts better, I decided to add a "Life Support Gusset".
- DC bars are made of the finest 4130 Chromoly tubing available.
- 13 butts in the tubing to save a little weight and a gusset.
- Backsweep is 10 degrees and Upsweep is 1 degree making DC cbars perfectly natural to your body when riding. I consulted an orthopedic surgeon friend that helped with our sweeps.
Source: http://doublecrossbikes.com/handlebars/ … pport-bars
Page Created: 9/10/2017 -----> Info Updated: N/A
** http://bmxmuseum.com/reference/user/55510 **