You are not logged in.

Fake graveyard products from Canada  RSS Feed

#1 2017-09-04 4:00pm

rootphi
Pro Member
For Sale: 6

Fake graveyard products from Canada

Hello all,

Please be advised that a former pro flatlander from Canada (who owns a small BMX company) is reproducing love goat stems, graveyard sprockets, and who knows what else and pawning them off as originals.

Last edited by rootphi (2017-09-05 8:10am)

Here's some footage of me on my Fifth JPS2.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjrU-kBzms

#2 2017-09-05 6:28pm

GTeaser
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

Re: Fake graveyard products from Canada

Yah, I bought a sprocket because he advertised it as a "Pegasus" Graveyard sprocket and it came in a tooth size that real Graveyard sprockets were never offered in. I had complete knowledge that I was buying a modern sprocket with a retro design. But now I notice that his products are NOT being sold as Pegasus products but instead as real Graveyard and Lovegoat products. The sprocket I purchased is TOP NOTCH quality and I'm sure his re-pop Lovegoat stems are as well. I don't know why he just doesn't call them what they are... Exceptional quality copies of original parts. In my opinion people would still buy them

Last edited by GTeaser (2017-09-05 6:39pm)

"Okay dudes, let's walk this sucker"

#3 2017-09-05 6:49pm

thiagoflat
Pro Member100%FreestyleFlatlandLifeStyle
Bikes: 107
For Sale: 1
Website

rootphi wrote:

Hello all,

Please be advised that a former pro flatlander from Canada (who owns a small BMX company) is reproducing love goat stems, graveyard sprockets, and who knows what else and pawning them off as originals.

Great Advertising here!!! Using rootphi post, Keep it in mind  Graveyard Sprocket engraved ALL RIDE BY GRAVEYARD are NOT real OG Graveyard, are repop ones made for German distributor times already.

Original Graveyard sprocket NEVER had engraved ALL RIDE GRAVEYARD, be sure that if you go ahead to buy, you will have a REPRODUCTION.

I AM JUST ARE WANTING TO HELP YOU, NOT TO BE FOOLED!!

Now, if you think it is, go ahead then have good lucky, and live in your world of illusion!!!

This place is to history needs the correct information!! IF you dont know something go ahead to search or to ask.

You're not required to know everything, but if you want to know something, go in search of the correct information.

Last edited by thiagoflat (2017-09-05 7:40pm)

"My collections are for life and my future sons, I´m a great buyer...sell? I don´t know what is it, sorry. My ton of mag, midias and misc and my stuffs are pieces of myforlife.
I do not follow anyone, I have my own goals"
The inspirations to keep me riding now is only and 100 percent for sure, any thing OLD/MID schools...sick. I m already a bit tired things super modern, sincerely.--

#4 2017-09-05 6:55pm

saskbmx
Pro Member

Is it olaf? lollol

#5 2017-09-05 6:56pm

thiagoflat
Pro Member100%FreestyleFlatlandLifeStyle
Bikes: 107
For Sale: 1
Website

GTeaser wrote:

Yah, I bought a sprocket because he advertised it as a "Pegasus" Graveyard sprocket and it came in a tooth size that real Graveyard sprockets were never offered in. I had complete knowledge that I was buying a modern sprocket with a retro design. But now I notice that his products are NOT being sold as Pegasus products but instead as real Graveyard and Lovegoat products. The sprocket I purchased is TOP NOTCH quality and I'm sure his re-pop Lovegoat stems are as well. I don't know why he just doesn't call them what they are... Exceptional quality copies of original parts. In my opinion people would still buy them

Depends on situation in pictures sometimes is difficult to see diferences, in hands you see perfeclty.

A tip: pay attention on workmanship, kind or position of engraved.

And agreed as you said:" I don't know why he just doesn't call them what they are... Exceptional quality copies of original parts"

Last edited by thiagoflat (2017-09-05 7:17pm)

"My collections are for life and my future sons, I´m a great buyer...sell? I don´t know what is it, sorry. My ton of mag, midias and misc and my stuffs are pieces of myforlife.
I do not follow anyone, I have my own goals"
The inspirations to keep me riding now is only and 100 percent for sure, any thing OLD/MID schools...sick. I m already a bit tired things super modern, sincerely.--

#6 2017-11-16 10:31pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Agreed, the stems are top quality but he list's them on eBay without any disclosure about them being repops. I have one and it is smaller than the original LG stem but you'd never know that unless they were side-by-side. I was planning to post the differences in the reference section so I'll post them here as well.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

#7 2018-02-01 1:01pm

Rideflat666
Intermediate

FYI  99% of all "Graveyard Products" available are fakes....Some were produced by Dan's Comp.. Others by Dig It....If Richard didn't make it it's not "Graveyard" ... It's hilarious to see all the people on this site talk about "Graveyard".. I don't remember seeing you in California in the 90s...hahahahh

If you want to call this stuff "replica" great. But it isn't Graveyard....

#8 2018-02-06 1:47pm

dekar44
Museum Newbie

Back in like 1999 I picked up a 36t black graveyard sprocket, i most definitely was not in cali in the 90s, and now i wonder if it was a dans comp product- cant remember where I had gotten it. While rebuilding an old bike up, i decided to do some google searching on the old graveyard sprocket i remembered from my youth. After a chain of pages i came across the Pegasus BMX Richard Z Tribute sprocket. I was stoked that i could nostalgia up with todays sprocket sizes and still look like it used to back in the day. So i went ahead and scoped out their site and products and the sprocket in question and picked one up.

In the process of the build i also started looking around this site more, and ended up finding this thread about the guy who produced my sprocket. I wanna say at no point did i ever think i was buying an old era graveyard product. the sprocket on the page is named "richard z sprocket" i feel like i am obligated to put it out there that nothing about the product ever tried to be anything more than what it is, a tribute to the past. "pawning them off as originals" as the OP says, does not describe my experience. A post on global-flat ( http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=65314.0 ) from around the time the tribute sprocket went into production quotes the creator crediting richard Z, again, never implying that his are the original nor trying to compete with collector market. The same site's Part catalog lists it once more as a tribute: http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/2086

i think the tone of this thread is unfairly negative and i want to express my satisfaction with the product i got. it was an unexpected find that added much pleasure to my build, but was never marketed to me as original/nos/collectors item- it comes in options that were never available originally, and is named after the creator of the original. if you are in the demographic of people who would seek this sprocket, you should be equipped with the info to never consider this item as being 'real' in the context of this thread. Counterfeits and fakes are products of malicious intent. The sprocket in question is clearly a reproduction/tribute/replica in my opinion- but not a fake, and not a counterfeit.

#9 2018-02-06 2:21pm

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 16

Anyone have any links to these re-pops?  I would like to buy some.  smile

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#10 2018-02-06 2:36pm

unfit4society
Pro Memberbeehive neck
Bikes: 6
Website

Why doesn't someone come right out and say who it is selling these?

Please help my Nephew if you can, check my website space.

#11 2018-02-06 2:43pm

saskbmx
Pro Member

Van city Olaf might know? He's a graveyard guy!

Last edited by saskbmx (2018-02-06 2:44pm)

#12 2018-02-06 2:46pm

unfit4society
Pro Memberbeehive neck
Bikes: 6
Website

unfit4society wrote:

nevermind, follow the links above and you can find it easy.

that being said....never heard of the guy but checked out an old video, he is ridiculously good at flat

Last edited by unfit4society (2018-02-06 2:51pm)

Please help my Nephew if you can, check my website space.

#13 2018-02-08 10:06am

locimperial
Pro Member

I know the guy, cant say enough good things about him, really is something special on a bike, and his workmanship is second to none

Im with dekar44, hes being treated unfairly in this thread, there is no pretence to his marketing, check the site yourselves

Hes a good guy, respect to you jeff

All the best mate

Leon

#14 2018-02-08 11:14am

Scraplord
Pro MemberTaste My Metal
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 30
Website

locimperial wrote:

I know the guy, cant say enough good things about him, really is something special on a bike, and his workmanship is second to none

Im with dekar44, hes being treated unfairly in this thread, there is no pretence to his marketing, check the site yourselves

All the best mate

Leon

If he was really a good guy he would clearly state that his products are reproduction. Not doing so makes him a scumbag scammer. I don`t know how you could see it any other way.

Still searching for my missing bikes from BITD. 1979 Blue Max serial: CI9 221346 and 1977 Webco serial: 42667. Both were last seen at Spoke and Sport Bicycles in Spokane, WA around 1984. $600 reward if found!!

"Have you ever noticed that other people`s stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?" - George Carlin

WANT TO BUY BLACK 26" CYCLE PRO SNAKEBELLY SKINWALL OR FIRST GEN SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER TIRES!!

#15 2018-02-08 11:27am

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member
Bikes: 11

marked.

Last edited by TuRBo Todd (2018-02-08 11:29am)

If it's got two wheels, jump it.

#16 2018-02-08 11:34am

locimperial
Pro Member

scraplord i feel ya mate its just even on his ebay listings he states ''these were produced in memory of richard z''

Maybe ive missed something

#17 2018-02-08 11:51am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 59

Scraplord wrote:

locimperial wrote:

All the best mate

Leon

If he was really a good guy he would clearly state that his products are reproduction. Not doing so makes him a scumbag scammer. I don`t know how you could see it any other way.

yup he sells on ebay. but makes no menchin there. that they are newly made product.. as if he's hoping some one thinks it's Older product. then if he gets called out. he can simple say. you never asked what year it was made.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#18 2018-02-08 12:03pm

locimperial
Pro Member

Freestyle freek, hope youre good mate, i just took a look on ebay as hes listing a pair of pillow chewer pegs, in the description hes put ''these were produced in memory of richard z, i will only produce a limited number of these pegs''

Although checking his feedback he has two negatives from customers who bought lovegoat stems advertised as used originals and not repops

Its a shame as hes a really nice guy, tough one

#19 2018-02-15 6:18am

rootphi
Pro Member
For Sale: 6

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/218372/screenshot_20180215-0902045a85931da6.png

For the record, neither of these feedbacks were left by me...

I only started this thread for the sole purpose of preventing people from being fooled. Yes, his repops are of top notch quality and his current ebay listings are now correctly listed but this was NOT always the case.  I just happen to think that people deserve to know exactly what it is that they're buying.  As for the character of the seller, you can think whatever you want.

Here's some footage of me on my Fifth JPS2.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjrU-kBzms

#20 2018-02-15 2:13pm

xtremevert

I spoke with Jeff on the phone today.  Nice guy.  He also manufactures VW parts as well.  He based out of Ontario for anyone interested. 

wwwpegasusbmx.com

weird it won't let me add a dot to get the link to work properly??  hmm

Last edited by xtremevert (2018-02-15 2:14pm)

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#21 2018-02-15 2:15pm

xtremevert

unfit4society wrote:

unfit4society wrote:

nevermind, follow the links above and you can find it easy.

that being said....never heard of the guy but checked out an old video, he is ridiculously good at flat

yeah he told me on the phone he used to be sponsored and everything.  He has also built parts for other bike companies as well.

#22 2018-02-15 2:38pm

xtremevert

ah whatever, I just ordered a 38 tooth polished Graveyard Chainring!  smile

#23 2018-02-15 4:22pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 59

xtremevert wrote:

you mean 38 tooth polished fakeyard Chainring tongue

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#24 2018-02-15 8:08pm

xtremevert

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

xtremevert wrote:

yup a fakeyard chainring!  lol  good one.  anyhow I don't care I had no idea what the hell graveyard was until of olaf anyhow!  lol

#25 2018-02-18 9:15am

spyker
Freakzilla

xtremevert wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

xtremevert wrote:

yup a fakeyard chainring!  lol  good one.  anyhow I don't care I had no idea what the hell graveyard was until of olaf anyhow!  lol

When Graveyard was alive and kicking back then.It was still grossly overpriced stuff....and rare too.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Board footer

View Cart →