You are not logged in.

Welcome to the Site!! Chase Gouin!!  RSS Feed

#51 2018-01-13 1:06am

gary4130

Re: Welcome to the Site!! Chase Gouin!!

welcome to the site Chase,thanks for sharing those amazing stories-keep them coming

wanted :bully 2 f+f (the none bashy mod)any colour

#52 2018-01-13 2:58am

larsvegas43
Pro Member

I remember hanging out with you in '92 at the Worlds in Hungary and in my hometown Cologne, Germany, afterwards. Good times. Keep your head up high and stay strong!

#53 2018-01-13 2:17pm

fernando enrique
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 4
Website

good to see you my friend here the best vibes for you . I hope you can sell this frame soon.
your friend from Argentina

#54 2018-01-14 12:03pm

ricar
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

I had a 3rd degree tear of my MCL and that took out my ACL as well. The MCL was diagnosed by an arrogant prick of a doc who didn't bother to even mention my ACL which lead to years of issues due to the lack of stability. Knee issues suck but I don't think it would be as difficult as the bottom end issues you mentioned.  Having a reconstructed ACL and now osteoarthritis because of that, there are days that walking hurts (usually weather related) but when I ride it doesn't bother me. Hopefully that will be the same for you. I guess it depends on how bad it is, but riding seems to have a way of making the pain disappear for a while. After riding though....... Now I have an issue with digging affecting my shoulder. Getting old and riding bikes are not good bed fellows!

Hope to see more from you. Being a part of a good scene can bring a positive feeling into life.

Every time I get on my bike I win. Ms.BMX.

#55 2018-01-14 12:57pm

perront
Pro Memberpatty work
Bikes: 18

Thanks for sharing, Chase.  Many lessons to be learned from your story.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileProfileRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
“Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist”
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains.

#56 2018-01-15 8:14am

Chase Gouin
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

Chase here,

I just wanted to say thanks to you all once again for the friendly welcome. I am grateful for each and every comment. Although i was already a word play kinda guy...it was Brett Downs who would utter some puns to me when i was in York. I really took this and went far with it. Here are a few examples of the types of rowetry i tend to right. I don't have much of anything else to offer right now to really show my gratitude. Maybe you'll get a chuckle or spark a thought. Hey Digger...you asked if i had any good ones...well...here ya go...

These twos row below are what some people call a "stream of consciousness" or i call it a "string- a- long."

*Toss the fish in the frying pan-a-sonic youth gone wild thing...she wants to do the wild thing 1 and thing 2 from Dr. S(z)e(u)ss's  lightening Usain Bolt and nuts from the loony Bin Laden caused 911...what's you're emerg-gents see to chival-re-tard-dad  did us in from the be-gaining the ability to contemplate our own exist-stunts our growth while simultaneously expanding our life expectance-ee-ee-ee-ah-ah-ah-who-who-who do you think you are any-way to a man's heart is through his stomach-cake and ice cream in your cough-fee you pay just to be in the here and now what do you want-ton addicts...in attics and cellars are use for store-rage from within the bounder-reeses peace says the hippie at Wood-stocking up well for the winter said the squirrel.

*I look for word to better  describe this lost die a tribe of nuke liar families who live side bye bye sides that have us tied together in a hell thee way is over hear and see and touch and taste and feelings are no match for facts versus fiction is the main source of friction between haul off us because we've franked it all up up and a way out of here is a clear option that some smart people adopt when  they top themselves with a cherry picking tree of laughed-hurt is the best ram at e force sorrow in a time where we borrow  all that's needed so take a seat and kick back with the run track mind of an un-kind spineless killer for hired a higher power to devour that's our sweet deal in appealing to the invisible imaginary man in this guy's got a waste to go before the squandered precious life is remotely made up for i didn't write my own story but i certainly act dead it tall lower door to stoop through the clouds take shape  of that ape in the mere roar can't soar to heights of the tightest fit through warm holes in the black madder i get the more i sit and think of a plan to shrink to the miniest me syndrome that dunces on the head of a pin ball pals  reform the deafen is shun of friends-sheep herd themselves through fields of straw man buries  the real issue by attacking  a scare crowd shouts  out loud but nope...buddy hurt your cries for help me i'm drowning in droughts of the driest deserted lands scraped your knee dull pain up against a sharp sword swallow wing took flight when you finally realized it was always a sales pitch black night where the slightest light got shot down into an underground smile is a frown turned hope slide down the burned alive fire man whole pole right up your heinous crime spree is still getting away's got free pass to the trick-it-master out lets a fail label everywhere.

*Here are two poems that involve word plays melded into some lines.

*Love asked to be unconditional
Using a Will that's non-volitional
The mission of all
Is to not fall too hard
Though we get caught down to sighs
By a gut wrench that left rusted shards
Martyr yourself for the creater good
So slayeth the low-word
Exactly how it's taught you should
Try to follow that fellow
Stay jaundiced and yellow bellied
Cowering in the face of the great unknown
Flown the group who flock over head
They got you right away with that deadly dread.

Vague and met a floor i call
Back to bed then more i crawl
Through a thick twisted shit storm
From the harms of earth i'm torn
Just like every leaving thing
That's on its way out
But evolution made me devout
To a blind survival scheme
That aims to void all meaning
Ego trick makes it seem
Stress has us in stitches
Keeping my eye on our dug out ruts
I'm always watching the dammed ditches.

Below i take a word and extract a mini story line which results in its transformation by way of what i call a syllable breakdown and then an explanation of it.

* tyrannosaurus rex …also known as the Tyrant Lizard. But their extinction made it possible for the small mammals that survived to repopulate the earth thus giving rise to  the idea of the cave man starting to come up with the idea of god (that franking Tyrant) it became the “Tyrant-know-sore-us-wrecks”… Know that the idea of a Tyrant god hurt humanity and made us destroy ourselves over who was right and wrong about the imaginary man in the sky.

Below is a joke idea for a T.V show. Comes from that old show "Leave it to Beaver

Leave it to Believer...

The plot of the show is a fundamentalist christian who tries to stifle any scientific advancement and screws up  rational interaction between people. There will be multiple examples of this and each episode focuses on one area in which "Christ-stuffer" (the main character) interferes. Each episode becomes increasingly dimly lit, representing us returning to the dark ages.  But  it's a double meaning/irony in that as we slowly gain ground and illuminate truths and facts about nature and the essence of humanity, it gets darker outside because there's less "son"/sun (of god), and people become more okay with the unknown (the pitch black) and can advance even better and faster because they are not distracted by false dogmas. They use their deeper sense of connectedness with  their own and each others minds to navigate instead of mere superficial sights or simply relying on what they "herd." The cattle-list becomes less but there are more catalysts for critical thinking skills. Ultimately though everything and everyone becomes "brighter"... and so light in fact that everything becomes transparent in that we see through it all and the reasons for why the world came to be how it is through natural evolutionary processes.

Gary wanted some stories...so here's s story i made up. Obviously it's based on Sesame street characters Bert and Ernie.

*So there's this area in the ghetto  where two pretty smart guys happen to live
One guy is witty and the other does meaning to it give

Residence is on say-slum-e-street

Blurt and Earn-e i'd like you to meet

Blurt randomly utters whatever's on his mind

Earn-e attempts  in it relevance to existence find

Syllable breakdown's by Blurt's spawned-in- A-hot e

Must result in a cool practical application by Earn-e
They sleep in one room with two single beds

When Blurt awakes he tests Earn-e's heads

They often fight about who's right or wrong

But then quickly agree the page they're same on

Since it becomes obvious no single source

Can ordain the absolute truth of a course

Schools of their thoughts ought to be combined

To create a sensible middle ground find

Some of it's fun for purpose of joke

Though serious urgency will prod and poke

Them to attempt addressing of human plight

Inevitable to gain some valued insight

The saga continues in each episode

They realize that to humanity's owed

This kind of discussion that's open unbiased

There's nothing they won't contemplate say "just try us"

To not let us down is their crowning goal

A lifetime of digging us out of this hole.

*Example of the dynamics of Blurt and Earn-e...

Blurt: take the word Turpentine and change it to "Twirp in time"

Earn-e: Okay, so i picture this Twirp to be some sort of mental midget character who can't understand that time is running out for all of us for real and can't come to terms with his mortality, thinking that in some sense we live forever. Basically he's a little Christian runt. The turpentine symbolizes what needs to be used in order to clean up the mess of ancient religious dogma.

Blurt: Yeah, good guess, that's the one meaning i had in mind, but there is another. I'll give you a clue: I don't have all the Twirp in time in the world , so make it quick, and take me to a period where this idea will stick.

Earn-e: HMMM? Alright, let me see. Ummmm, the idea of time travel comes to mind. Now, this might be a stretch (literally) sooo...the Twirp is small in size but not in intelligence. Therefore in order for him to actually be contemplating time travel, he would have to be a Theoretical Physicist. He wants to bend the fabric of space time AND invent a way in which warp speed can actually be achieved, since a shortcut through space by bringing two opposite ends of the fabric together might still not be enough to travel to the other end (past or future) fast enough to do it in a single human lifetime, so he needed the warp speed too. He compensates for his small physical stature with extremely high intelligence and figures out what space time fabric is in order to bend it, and also successfully achieves warp speed technology. He really gets off on this idea, plus he doesn't get much action from the ladies, so he's super horny right about now. He gives himself the new name "To-warp in time." He says "F**K it" and sends himself into outer space and blasts through the "WARM HOLE" thus experiencing the greatest physical and mental orgasm ever.

Blurt: Dam Dude! You're good! We'll see all you Twirps next time  on... BLURT and EARN-E!!!

Want some more...? Considering all these syllable breakdowns...don't forget that we live on a planet that coalesced  from cosmic debri into a big round rock. Here we are on the "silly ball".

* What do you call two fools who are trying to trick each other and see who wins?

A "sucker match"

*The guy who always remains composed under any conditions. His name would be

"Sir-calm-stance."

*With all these insane jokes...you might assume my brains have  fallen out of my head. Does this mean i have a "spilt personality?"

*The neo Nazi boxer who always punches below the belt. "I hit-lower!"

* Did i just have an epiphany or did this monkey just realize he's nothing but a fake?

"Ape-he-phony." If this is the case then i can't give him an A+ rather and "Ape-loss."

* Okay so take a person who has completely lost their mind and pick them up and point him at someone like a firearm. Force them to wisen up by "holding a gone to their head."

*By now you  might think i'm  all just gloom and doom. But need i remind you that i flipped the script and and decided that i'm doomed to stick around like "glue man doom."

*Something's stopping many of us from living in the present moment. I think it screams at us to wake up...but we might be wearing "here plugs."

What's it called it when they penetrate your head with nonsense?

"shit-tap-ins"

What is the most common and acceptable and even encouraged  crime of all time (of course committed by religions) that funnels the ability to question and critically examine out of your mind?

"siphoning guess for prophet"

Hope you enjoyed some of these.

Chase.

Bonus Poem:

The stars exploded
Spewing cosmic debris
Carrying elements loaded
To form galaxies
And solar systems
On edge of way milky
Without conscious intentions
And so it is here are we
You can go through life
With your head up your ass
Or begin to ignite
Spark your brain rise to task
Sure it asks a little bit
Give up old patterns

Superstitious ways quit
Join the our-aim-e

Ready for smart battle

Not sorry to say

But on you we'll tale tattle

If you do not have

Our best interest in mind

Get out of the way

So that we might find

Those who are willing

And able to learn

Correct info...not killing
Before we crash and burn.

Last edited by Chase Gouin (2018-01-15 8:18am)

#57 2018-01-15 8:33am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

Hey Chase, thought you said you hadn't rowed for a while?  Or was that rode for a while?

Paddle oar rowed a boat?  I don't know. Canoe elaborate?

Brett

ride your bike until it breaks.

#58 2018-01-15 8:43am

Chase Gouin
Pro Member

Well of course i can knee-labor-rate. You know like Dr. Dre said because they all "bow down to the row." And by the way since we are on a not-e-call theme...i would like to into-row-dues the shallow typicals... aka: shypicals...and yes the ship it calls when they are lust at see the superficial. No i never stopped nor was i docked. I was always headed to existence village...so one might ask the question: are you "docked or e-ville?"

#59 2018-01-15 8:53am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

Yoops, there it is!
I knew you couldn't resist like red beans and rice missed.
Your rows warm my heart and
Where the hell's Elk Martin?

#60 2018-01-15 9:16am

Chase Gouin
Pro Member

Yeah and i'm not even drinking for liquid courage and i bet you can't "lick-wit-core-rage." Okay "Poise,son"...but not even using a "new-row-talks-in." What ever happened to "Much owe man Rant e savage?" No matter how much i look at the elk and say on your mark get set...grow! It never does. It might be size medium but it does the jab. And even though i don't mind girls who are voluptuous and not typically hot...i get good reviews from all those "meaty-ogres." (not to be non PC...it's just a joke.)

#61 2018-01-15 9:20am

Chase Gouin
Pro Member

Take all stopping mechanisms off your bike and next thing you know "all hill brakes lose." Some people are boring so we gotta repair that like a bunch of "we're dull yank a fix."

#62 2018-01-15 10:17am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

[img][/img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22582/img_76285a5cef7597.jpg

Oh, I got a custom frame this fall.  Thought you'd appreciate the platform mix of a Soul Bro and Big Daddy.  Great for decades.  Hope we get to ride together this year so you can take it for a spin.  Furillo.

#63 2018-01-15 11:14am

Chase Gouin
Pro Member

That's a beauty. A very practical  BMX Flatland Freestyle Bike. What a concept!

#64 2018-01-15 12:10pm

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!
Bikes: 13

Forum topic of the year!

Welcome Chase .. cool

#65 2018-01-15 12:12pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

Chase Gouin wrote:

That's a beauty. A very practical  BMX Flatland Freestyle Bike. What a concept!

Function is the key.  Hope to see you on your new one soon.  I'm pretty skinned right now but I might be able to help with parts and stuff.  Let me know.

#66 2018-01-15 1:58pm

flat87-92
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 210

Row Master Row!
Busting out some good rows  buddy lol
Even like the jokes and the poem!

Keep writing buddy!

Later Digger

#67 2018-01-15 2:15pm

flat87-92
Pro Member

Just thought this 1 up!

What did the Row say to the other Row?

To many Rows all ready in the world!lol

Last edited by flat87-92 (2018-01-15 2:19pm)

#68 2018-01-15 2:46pm

opedogg47
Pro Member
Bikes: 40

Can't believe it, this is insane! Chase and Diggs, like Cypress Hill, in the membrane!

#69 2018-01-16 5:38am

Chase Gouin
Pro Member

When you're rowin' with Brett and Diggy and me...it's like you're in the cyber Mecca of Flatland and "freestylin' with the Hoods. Though i never made much money from flatland i'm still rich because i have about 7 Billion "dullards" at any given time. Here's a little known fact outside of York. I was the youngest of the Hoods so that made me:   "Little Red Riding Hood."  And just like the story i got "lust in the woods" since i ucked and gooped a few times in the forest. Hey Digg: if you are dealing with a couple small issues/conflicts...what do you have? Answer: " two too mini rows." And if you're gonna write rowetry...you gotta  consider all the rows that every living creature had to go through so that we had the chance to arrive on the scene. So thanks to evolution branching out...you would be making "row at tree." Though the self awareness that comes with being human is sometimes too much for me and i trick myself into thinking i can handle it but then i slink back into some dark recess of my mind...also known as "con-chase-nest."

#70 2018-01-16 8:52am

opedogg47
Pro Member

Chase, man - I have SO much respect and admiration for what you, The K, Eaton, Brett, Diggs and all the Hoods have done - you have no idea man! Ask Diggs man, I been down since day 1! Made it to my first York Jam in 2013 at the age of 40! Rode back in the day 80's to 90's, And got back into it in 2012 - never lost the desire though, belly chock full of fire, YO! Love it man! Can't wait to see you ride again, bro!

Last edited by opedogg47 (2018-01-16 8:55am)

#71 2018-01-16 10:50am

glenn1011
Pro Member
Bikes: 14
Website

Awesome to see Chase here. I got to meet Chase in York in 91' When we drove from Sherwood Park, Alberta to NYC for a 2-hip comp. Chase didn't have a ride so he got in with us. as I look back, I had the winner (Chase) and the third place (Steve Roy) in the car with me...

Old school Sherwood Park.

#72 2018-01-16 11:30am

opedogg47
Pro Member

Noice!

#73 2018-01-16 2:22pm

flat87-92
Pro Member

Thanks Opedogg
To many Rows in membrane, UPPS

#74 2018-01-16 3:01pm

PBR_Streetgang
Expert
Bikes: 4

hi chase, welcome to the museum. i've always enjoyed seeing you ride

"You want it one way, but it's the other way."

#75 2018-01-17 10:57am

Chase Gouin
Pro Member

Here ya go Brett...de-code this in your spare time.

The angry quirky nerd  works on a persistent cosmic problem  called "dork madder." As a side project he figured out how to convince people that there is no such thing as eternal damnation. For this he was awarded the "nope hell prize." He had so much knowledge weighing on him that he became ill...like "i sick knew ton." Wave good bye to the curve-fate-your space time continue...ummm...wait i'm empty and going straight but  still spilling over in a warped state. Take a hyper-bowl-e-lips that kissed the distant you-need-force it a bit further than the dust in our way or the hardy har-har chuck-all way out there dude!...you've really stumbled onto something big crunch berries for launch the rocket that escapes this sole-liar's-is-stem or source of the majority report they know the oar-ragin' of species which pad-dulls down the quick wit-dad stream off thought prose-says attend-shown span's required to hill-labour-rate the mount-in-us task asks allotted just enough of that grey brain stuff in the prey for-rant-all core-tax never relaxes when it axes the would or could or should keep considering the inner ring-go star and the fact that god apparently really likes be(e)atles  cause there's tree-fit-he thou sand of them in a banded together from remote galaxies, come the most sane-e-stir fill-ins sent to create the leech-on or doom will befall you blot-suckers out and erase the ink-killing of spring board defect meant it never sent you any wear your son-day blessed this whole mess we're into it too deep to retreat so the only route to boy oh boy scout the area for any simple-ants of smarties or aimin' am not the sum of Sam Hair-risen on the back of my neck brace keeps my spy-annul  cord of the clash-in course with  joe strummer and the dough-man domain dumber.

Last edited by Chase Gouin (2018-01-17 10:58am)

Board footer

View Cart →