You are not logged in.

Wall 2 Wall. The Birth Of Freestyle project.  RSS Feed

#201 2017-10-24 5:49pm

glenn1011
Pro Member
Bikes: 14
Website

Re: Wall 2 Wall. The Birth Of Freestyle project.

Still haven't received mine in Edmonton.

Old school Sherwood Park.

#202 2017-10-24 6:46pm

wadeaminute
Pro Memberwadeayear
For Sale: 1

glenn1011 wrote:

Still haven't received mine in Edmonton.

Let him or his partner Rebecca know that it bothers you. The Release party was early August, so almost three months ago.
orders@w2wfreestylehistory.com

If I had to do it again, I would have got Shad at Goods to get one for me. If those Vans and other leftovers are available, I might indeed get them to send them to Shad for me. Size 9s? We'll see what is available.

#203 2017-10-25 5:44am

stussy
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

Still have not received mine as well in Ontario. But I have had connected with Dom via email on Sunday and he assured me I should get it this week. Like wadeaminute said he underestimated shipping by $25 and is looking at options to lower shipping costs.

Last edited by stussy (2017-10-25 5:44am)

#204 2017-11-04 4:54pm

glenn1011
Pro Member
Website

Still haven't received mine in Alberta. Another member in Manitoba also hasn't received his.

#205 2017-11-11 5:37am

stussy
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

Got my book yesterday. IT is awesome. Thank-you Dom

#206 2017-11-20 1:30pm

glenn1011
Pro Member
Website

Still have not received my book.

#207 2017-11-26 3:54pm

DOMPHIPPSIO
Pro Member
Website

BMX_DNA wrote:

Happy to see all the members receiving their books.

I'm about three-quarters of the way through the book and it's just incredible!!!

What I wouldn't give to be able to go back in time and compete in the AFA Events - to visit Rockville and see the 1984 GT Show with Eddie Fiola that took place there - to take a trip out to Cali and attempt Pipeline. Damn I need a Delorean and 88 mph!!

Unbelievable stores, Great Photos, Incredible Insight from those that lived it, recorded it and helped foster it.

Who knew Bob Osborn was so influential in fostering BMX Freestyle - READ THE BOOK!

YES, I wish I would have sent in drawings to Bob at Wizard Publications!!

As much as I lived and breathed BMX Freestyle in the 80s - I was NEVER without BMX Action, until FREESTYLIN' launched and I was NEVER without my bike - the information in the book all seems fresh!!

I can't wait to read more, yet I don't want it to end!!

Where's the movie on this?

ESPN 30 for 30 - Take Note!! The Hoffman Birth of Big Air was Fantastic, but how about The Birth of the Freestyle Movement - from Swimming Pools to the Olympics!!!

Someone, Anyone, produce a documentary on this! I'll work for free just to be a part of it.

I look like Matt Damon, so imagine Jason Bourne interviews El Cid or the King of the Skateparks or the Condor!!

It's important, incredible, cool, dynamic, interesting and we have DOM to thank for it!!

Thank you Dom!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys. And thanks for the patience even more so. We are lean and highly geared. It was ambitious to attempt this and I knew it. We had to start a small business to write a book. I put it together over a nine month period, working 7 days per week and often 16-18 hours per day. But the book needed to exist so we had to attempt it and It’s great to hear that people are digging it. In all honesty, it’s a fans book. I love hearing what the fans of Freestyle history have to say about it. More than I do the people who are in it, to be honest. It was written for you, for us. We essentially reignited this movement 10-15 years ago and this is a bunch of snapshots of the stories I have heard over the years, arranged in order and with a ton of unseen images to illustrate it. Oz was very complimentary of it. He called me and gave me some very nice feedback. I gave him a copy and then I saw that he bought more out if his own pocket. That’s about all the feedback I need.

There’s tons more content and five times as many images. Maybe there can be another some day.

-CB, Owner of Collectible Package 038 of 100!

Board footer

View Cart →