#3801 2017-11-16 8:08pm

Jenny Caldwell
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

Re: Post a picture of yourself here...

RAYSIN wrote:

its-all-good wrote:

?

Lol Definitely not my old band. We split up in 1988. Our drummer signed with Enuffznuff, and later joined up with Vince Neil when he left Crue. Our guitar player moved to California and ended up playing in Lita Fords touring band. The Bass player went on to work for Com-Ed climbing poles big_smile Tomorrow I will try to share some old Video and a sound Cloud track

Looking back Ray do you have any regrets not packing up the band and heading out to LA for a better chance at the big time? In the early 80's here in Pa. we had two local bands playing at fairs and clubs and such, both desiring to hit the big time. The one band that we know as Poison left Pa. to head to Ca. and very quickly went straight to the top. The other local band was Kix, they decided to stay on the east coast for their attempt at popularity and fame while struggling along the way. Even though Kix has a large fan base and sold plenty of records they never quite hit the notoriety like Poison did which is a shame because their music, their image and stage act was every bit as good as Poisons only Poison made the choice to head West where the action was. Your band seems like it had a good thing going, great music, the heavy metal image, cool band name and design.  Who knows what could have happen. No doubt the ultimate dream come true for any Heavy Metal rock band back in the day!

Wanted: Anything Eddie Fiola.

#3802 2017-11-16 9:14pm

Maiden DB fan
Pro MemberBMX To The Hills

I didn't see KIX Bitd but I did see POISON when they were still doin the Club Circuit right after their first Album got put out Nationally. It was an all ages Show in Phx and there couldn't have been a dozen fans there. They put on a Helluva Show like it was packed and thoughly entertained! Alot of Integrity that impressed me. Respected them cuz of that even when they went Hair band to the Silly degree. yikes

Last edited by Maiden DB fan (2017-11-16 9:15pm)

#3803 2017-11-16 9:44pm

ritchiecamaro
Pro MemberI'm no role model
Bikes: 66

That is one SEXAY man right there!!! lollollol Hope all is good Ted...

44t BMX Club, "Midway Chapter"... Favortie bike:1983 Schwinn Predator... Schwinn, SuperCross, Free Agent, Anlun, Mongoose and Redline PL24 fan, as long as it's not a Hutch, I'll ride it... Predator owners show your PREDATOR LOVE and post your Predators here: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=741107
                      Predator count: 12 (and rising)       420 for LIFE!!!

#3804 2017-11-17 5:39am

RAYSIN
Pro MemberI SAW ELVIS AT 1000 FEET!
Bikes: 23
Website

Jenny Caldwell wrote:

RAYSIN wrote:

its-all-good wrote:

?

Lol Definitely not my old band. We split up in 1988. Our drummer signed with Enuffznuff, and later joined up with Vince Neil when he left Crue. Our guitar player moved to California and ended up playing in Lita Fords touring band. The Bass player went on to work for Com-Ed climbing poles big_smile Tomorrow I will try to share some old Video and a sound Cloud track

Looking back Ray do you have any regrets not packing up the band and heading out to LA for a better chance at the big time? In the early 80's here in Pa. we had two local bands playing at fairs and clubs and such, both desiring to hit the big time. The one band that we know as Poison left Pa. to head to Ca. and very quickly went straight to the top. The other local band was Kix, they decided to stay on the east coast for their attempt at popularity and fame while struggling along the way. Even though Kix has a large fan base and sold plenty of records they never quite hit the notoriety like Poison did which is a shame because their music, their image and stage act was every bit as good as Poisons only Poison made the choice to head West where the action was. Your band seems like it had a good thing going, great music, the heavy metal image, cool band name and design.  Who knows what could have happen. No doubt the ultimate dream come true for any Heavy Metal rock band back in the day!

i had several friends (bands) re-locate to Cali. one friend landed a gig with Warrant as a guitar tec, and got me an audition when Janie was leaving, but the Grunge movement was strong, and Warrant ended up getting dropped from their label. I saw the whole industry changing, and could not change my colors to adapt. If I couldnt succeed as myself I wanted no part of it going Forward. I retired in 1990. From 1999 to 2005 I played the local circuit with some BITD players, but got tired of playing covers. Hey I still have the Old Videos, Music, and Photo's to reminisce, but I do think of what could have been, especially when my alarm clock goes off every morning for work...

2004ish
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/214141/224503_470272126326169_1427238646_n5a0ee9df8a.jpg

Last edited by RAYSIN (2017-11-17 5:53am)

Schwinning!

#3805 2017-11-17 5:43am

RAYSIN
Pro MemberI SAW ELVIS AT 1000 FEET!
Bikes: 23
Website

ritchiecamaro wrote:

RAYSIN wrote:

its-all-good wrote:

?

Vic is a cool dude and a fantastic drummer... I used to hang out with him in Oak Lawn when he was in Enuff Z'Nuff... Look at that Ray, one degree of separation... lollollol

It is definitely a small world! I do not have a very high opinion of Vik as a person, but I cannot deny he was easily the best drummer in Chicago, and the best i had ever played with. Even with all his showmanship his meter was always rock solid.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/214141/fb_img_1466703394441_zpskg1xxbep5a0ee7b77f.jpg

Last edited by RAYSIN (2017-11-17 5:44am)

Schwinning!

#3806 2017-11-17 6:36am

Jenny Caldwell
Pro Member

RAYSIN wrote:

Jenny Caldwell wrote:

RAYSIN wrote:

i had several friends (bands) re-locate to Cali. one friend landed a gig with Warrant as a guitar tec, and got me an audition when Janie was leaving, but the Grunge movement was strong, and Warrant ended up getting dropped from their label. I saw the whole industry changing, and could not change my colors to adapt. If I couldnt succeed as myself I wanted no part of it going Forward. I retired in 1990. From 1999 to 2005 I played the local circuit with some BITD players, but got tired of playing covers. Hey I still have the Old Videos, Music, and Photo's to reminisce, but I do think of what could have been, especially when my alarm clock goes off every morning for work...

It was sad days when the Grunge garbage took over! I have always been a Metal fan from the very beginning and have never changed over the years, guess its in my blood. So many great bands during that time era. I think its awesome that some of these bands are reuniting today and still out there playing. I totally support and enjoy going to as many 80's Metal bands concerts that I can. What's cool now days is you can often get close to the stage to watch the show compared to when these bands were at their peak! In fact this month I'll being seeing my favorite local band KIX ! Very high energy show, those guys still got it going on! Anyhow it would be cool if you could post some video action of your band, I would really enjoy the show!

#3807 2017-11-21 12:14pm

tacochris
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

my mug....no beauty contests being won here but it gets me by.  Lol

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/235765/img_07815a148906c6.jpg

Just an oldschool minitrucker and bmx kid doing what i do....

#3808 2017-11-21 12:27pm

RikRoxx
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Jenny Caldwell wrote:

RAYSIN wrote:

Jenny Caldwell wrote:

It was sad days when the Grunge garbage took over! I have always been a Metal fan from the very beginning and have never changed over the years, guess its in my blood. So many great bands during that time era. I think its awesome that some of these bands are reuniting today and still out there playing. I totally support and enjoy going to as many 80's Metal bands concerts that I can. What's cool now days is you can often get close to the stage to watch the show compared to when these bands were at their peak! In fact this month I'll being seeing my favorite local band KIX ! Very high energy show, those guys still got it going on! Anyhow it would be cool if you could post some video action of your band, I would really enjoy the show!

I love Kix! Seen them 6 times so far  and going to see them in Raleigh at the end of the month. Such a great live show.

#3809 2017-11-21 2:05pm

Jenny Caldwell
Pro Member

RikRoxx wrote:

Jenny Caldwell wrote:

RAYSIN wrote:

I love Kix! Seen them 6 times so far  and going to see them in Raleigh at the end of the month. Such a great live show.

Yeah, KIX is the bomb! Iam going to see them in Mechanicsburg, Pa. here on Nov.24, that show will make the 3rd time for me going to their shows. The first show was back in 1982. So glad they are still together jamming and giving the fans a great time! Money well spent to see them!

#3810 2017-11-23 6:45am

old bmx dad/Ted
Pro MemberSupreme Robinson Collector
Bikes: 18

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/9779/20171121_1152295a16deff36.jpg

44T-Chicago Life member.                  1983 Robinson Cruiser ......

Thank you Brian ...
Trailorparkpimps #1 big friend.
OTB.....past member.

#3811 2017-11-23 7:38am

RobS
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 2

645 am?? Lush....nah, I’m just jealous lol

Good things wait for people that happen!!

Plata-o-plomo....usually the later of the 2

#3812 2017-11-23 11:19am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberBMX Museum Role Model
Bikes: 49
For Sale: 8
Website

Me in '83. I am the one on the left.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9588df53-2db8-49b4-b5e1-b0112ab32c905a171f4261.jpg

Until I experience one first hand I will continue to believe that "barn finds" are a hoax

Wanted: Always looking for midschool stuff.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

#3813 2017-11-23 11:23am

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 16

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Me in '83. I am the one on the left.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 1f4261.jpg

ha ha spittin' image!

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#3814 2017-11-23 11:35am

Maiden DB fan

tacochris wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 8906c6.jpg

And now Kurt your lookin more like Chris here if ya didn't shave off the beard U were sportin.

#3815 2017-11-23 11:36am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberBMX Museum Role Model
Bikes: 49
For Sale: 8
Website

Maiden DB fan wrote:

tacochris wrote:

And now Kurt your lookin more like Chris here if ya didn't shave off the beard U were sportin.

My beard never gets that cool. I usually drop it for a moustache after 6-8 weeks...

Until I experience one first hand I will continue to believe that "barn finds" are a hoax

Wanted: Always looking for midschool stuff.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

#3816 2017-11-23 11:40am

Maiden DB fan

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Maiden DB fan wrote:

tacochris wrote:

My beard never gets that cool. I usually drop it for a moustache after 6-8 weeks...

At 6 weeks my "beard" looks more like a teen Wolfman with gray mixed in! yikes

Board footer

View Cart →