You are not logged in.

Rear Buff Guard??  RSS Feed

#1 2017-11-14 10:34pm

wildwood
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

Rear Buff Guard??

I remember the plastic Buffguard that we all used to cut and fix to the back of our freestyler front forks to stop snagging our vans on the brake spindle, but does anyone recall / remember if there was something similar for rear?? I'm building a Fred Blood rep ride at the moment and noticed this....any ideas?? It seems to run under the rear forks and then loop up and over the top of the rear brake????

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/109604/rear-buff-guard5a0bde95a1.jpg

The image is from the ACS advert 'Blood, sweat and Z-48s'

He married brunettes but f**ked blondes

#2 2017-11-15 1:14am

Ladis
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Re: Rear Buff Guard??

Hmm...there were some kind of brake-guards that prevented to smash your ankle at the side of the calliper brakes...but guess that´s not what you´re looking for.

To avoid to slash my inner foot while doing e.g. cherrypickers I used to cut out a piece of an old shoe sole an cover the bolt from the rear brake....this kind of worked as a Buff-Guard thing.

I don´t recall there was something to buy for the rear brake....

Last edited by Ladis (2017-11-15 1:14am)

#3 2017-11-15 2:31am

wildwood
Pro Member

Ladis wrote:

Hmm...there were some kind of brake-guards that prevented to smash your ankle at the side of the calliper brakes...but guess that´s not what you´re looking for.

To avoid to slash my inner foot while doing e.g. cherrypickers I used to cut out a piece of an old shoe sole an cover the bolt from the rear brake....this kind of worked as a Buff-Guard thing.

I don´t recall there was something to buy for the rear brake....

Thanks, yeap, I'm pretty sure it wasn't something you could buy, I think its something FB added to his bike, either by developing himself or copying from someone else.....

#4 2017-11-15 5:11am

rcsnipe2000
Pro Member
For Sale: 1139
Website

I sell used parts! If you are looking for nos or dead mint parts, dont buy from me. If you are looking for used, usable parts. Im the guy ya want to buy from.

WILL TRADE FOR

snafu mobus or simular gyro , gold, red,or blue, sealed threadless headset gold, red, anno chain tensioners red, gold, or blue, anno v brakes gold or red, anno u brakes blue,gold, or red anno colored spoke nipples gold, red, or blue

#5 2017-11-15 5:15am

wildwood
Pro Member

rcsnipe2000 wrote:

this....

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/185179

rc

excellent advice, thanks

Board footer