You are not logged in.

Anyone else notice a change in Planetbmx customer service?  RSS Feed

#1 2017-10-06 2:28pm

justlive
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

Anyone else notice a change in Planetbmx customer service?

I love the place! Always have what you're looking for. But in the past if u asked a question you'd get a response right away. Lately it seems customer service is lacking a little. I had a question about a part a couple weeks ago and emailed them. I never heard back so after a few days I emailed flatlandfuel and got an immediate response to my question. They had the same part at the same price so I just bought it from them. I recently placed an order with planet and had a question afterwards. Emailed them and left a vm and still nothing. Doesn't take much time to respond. Just a little discouraging from a company that was always so proactive.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#2 2017-10-12 5:25pm

coloredtuffs
Pro Member
Bikes: 32
Website

Re: Anyone else notice a change in Planetbmx customer service?

Our customer service rep at PlanetBMX is Brian, and he does nothing but customer service all day! His email address is customerservice@planetbmx.com, and our phone number is 904-250-5090. Additionally, Brian has now started a Facebook Live Q&A session every evening starting around 5:30pm. Brian is in the building here 10 hours a day taking care of things, so I don’t know why you would not have received a fast response.

-Ed Ferri / PlanetBMX.com
Authorized dealer for: Haro, SE Racing, Skyway, Subrosa, MCS, Sunday, Cult, Stranger, Premium & Fairdale Bicycles, and Odyssey, Demolition, Shadow Conspiracy, Primo, Premium, Redline, Profile, Cult, Proper, Colony, Answer BMX parts and accessories!
We'll match or beat any other bike shop's price!

#3 2017-10-13 4:18am

justlive
Pro Member

coloredtuffs wrote:

Our customer service rep at PlanetBMX is Brian, and he does nothing but customer service all day! His email address is customerservice@planetbmx.com, and our phone number is 904-250-5090. Additionally, Brian has now started a Facebook Live Q&A session every evening starting around 5:30pm. Brian is in the building here 10 hours a day taking care of things, so I don’t know why you would not have received a fast response.

Not sure either? Finally received an email response this past Tuesday 10/9. From both Brian and Adam. But even though it took awhile they were both very helpful and apologetic. I was never worried about receiving my items as I've bought from u many times and they were always on time. But I will add this bit of advice. The first rule of good customer service is listening to the customer. Not getting on the defensive each time there's an issue. I've seen other posts on here (and they're all archived) complaining about the lack of communication and every time u respond, instead of simply apologizing for the delay and offering to personally rectify the situation, u go on the defensive and try to plead your case by listing your daily routine, your staff, how many calls they take etc etc. There's no need for the extra wink But thank u for the FB info I'm sure that will definitely help deter any future problems smile

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#4 2017-10-13 4:25am

troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 88

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, but the shear number of threads on this topic area strongly suggest that customer service is not a strength of Coloredtuffs.  Probably everyone of these threads are followed up eventually with the right answer, concern and explanation, from the owner himself personally.  Doesn't seem to be for lack of concern, but you can't deny the situation, good reason or not.  The explanation might be making seem as if the fact is unrealized.

And don't get me wrong, I like colored tuffs.  Just like my brother in Jacksonville who never calls me back.  lol

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#5 2017-10-13 4:43am

justlive
Pro Member

troynlori wrote:

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, but the shear number of threads on this topic area strongly suggest that customer service is not a strength of Coloredtuffs.  Probably everyone of these threads are followed up eventually with the right answer, concern and explanation, from the owner himself personally.  Doesn't seem to be for lack of concern, but you can't deny the situation, good reason or not.  The explanation might be making seem as if the fact is unrealized.

And don't get me wrong, I like colored tuffs.  Just like my brother in Jacksonville who never calls me back.  lol

Lol good one Troy wink

And I agree!

#6 2017-10-13 7:26am

coloredtuffs
Pro Member
Website

I'm sorry if I've come off as defensive. It's only because we really do try hard to make sure that our customers are taken care of. I take my business very serious, and every issue that may come up I take in full consideration, and share it with my staff. We are always trying to improve. Whenever we do hear a complaint, it bums me out because I do know how hard my guys work here. We really are trying our best to improve communication here. Honest.

Authorized dealer for: Haro, SE Racing, Skyway, Subrosa, MCS, Sunday, Cult, Stranger, Premium & Fairdale Bicycles, and Odyssey, Demolition, Shadow Conspiracy, Primo, Premium, Redline, Profile, Cult, Proper, Colony, Answer BMX parts and accessories!

#7 2017-10-13 7:52am

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member
Bikes: 11

^^Well said, Ed. Our bike shop is the same way. For any business, you're only as good as your worst employee....

If it's got two wheels, jump it.

#8 2017-10-13 9:07am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberOriginal Gaylord
Bikes: 46
Website

coloredtuffs wrote:

I'm sorry if I've come off as defensive. It's only because we really do try hard to make sure that our customers are taken care of. I take my business very serious, and every issue that may come up I take in full consideration, and share it with my staff. We are always trying to improve. Whenever we do hear a complaint, it bums me out because I do know how hard my guys work here. We really are trying our best to improve communication here. Honest.

Hey while I've got you here...do you guys ship to Canada?

I refuse to hide behind an avatar or a username.
Follow me on instagram @kurt.rad.always

Wanted:
95-97 Mongoose DMC
Red Primo Tenderizers

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

#9 2017-10-13 9:28am

coloredtuffs
Pro Member
Website

Kurt_Rad wrote:

coloredtuffs wrote:

Yes, we sure do.

#10 2017-10-13 9:31am

Kurt_Rad
Website

coloredtuffs wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

coloredtuffs wrote:

Yes, we sure do.

Excellent. Heading to the website now smile

Wanted:
95-97 Mongoose DMC
Red Primo Tenderizers

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

#11 2017-10-13 9:47am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberDirty Cock
Bikes: 38
For Sale: 12

Kurt_Rad wrote:

coloredtuffs wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Yes, we sure do.

What about Mexico or Columbia?  smile

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22838/picmonkey-collage.jpg1_zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#12 2017-10-13 12:24pm

justlive
Pro Member

coloredtuffs wrote:

Thank u for this post Ed. I understand how stressful it can be. That no matter how hard u try you'll never be able to make everyone happy. And I do know that's what u strive for.  And I hope my original post didnt come off as me bashing u but more like just a simple concern. It's open/positive dialogue like this that makes for a strong business/customer relationship. I know myself as well as many others here appreciate what u do for the bmx community. See u next week with another order! smile

Last edited by justlive (2017-10-13 12:25pm)

#13 2017-10-13 1:24pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberDirty Cock

Dirty Habits wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

coloredtuffs wrote:

Yes, we sure do.

HELLO!  hmm

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22838/picmonkey-collage.jpg1_zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#14 2017-10-13 3:03pm

Kurt_Rad
Website

Dirty Habits wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

HELLO!  hmm

Go back to Columbia mad

Wanted:
95-97 Mongoose DMC
Red Primo Tenderizers

#15 2017-10-13 4:04pm

knightindullarmor
Restricted Member

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

HELLO!  hmm

Go back to Columbia mad

Before you get on that flight drink some of that Mexican water. lol

Things im looking for:  AUBURN BARS, 2014 GT SPEED SERIES CARBON, GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, SPIN THUG RIMS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS,  FISHBONE KONG FU OR KONG FU II, GT HE MAN PEDALS.

#16 2017-10-13 9:00pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberDirty Cock

knightindullarmor wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

HELLO!  hmm

Go back to Columbia mad

Before you get on that flight drink some of that Mexican water. lol

Tequila!!!! YES!!!! cool

#17 2017-10-16 8:37pm

BenderOG
Pro Member
For Sale: 14

Maybe your spam filter tossed the responses into your junk mail folder?

#18 Today 4:46pm

teachbmxcharlie
Pro Member

Just got a set of red Tuffwheels with the cassette hub and couldn't be happier with the experience shopping @Planetbmx. Great price, fast shipping and excellent communication. thanks ed and gang.

Board footer

View Cart →