stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 33

Re: STOP Production of Retro Classics!

Irata wrote:

stonie wrote:

Irata wrote:

Sure was. Few too many that afternoon. That's what happens when you show up 3 hours early, then your flight gets delayed another 3...

Ok, so that's about a 6 pack, right?       tongue

Shit. That would have been cheaper. smile

I have always had a hard time paying bar prices for drinks   lol

Glad ya made it home safe    smile

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/
*Shipping available to your Confirmed Paypal Address only, will not ship to a different address*

#77 2017-07-26 8:36pm

Irata
Pro Member
Bikes: 23

stonie wrote:

Irata wrote:

stonie wrote:

Ok, so that's about a 6 pack, right?       tongue

Hell, 6 airport beers would have been cheaper than my afternoon there.
I'm glad I made it home safe too. It was touch and go there the last few miles from the airport to home.

#78 2017-07-27 9:31am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 33

Irata wrote:

stonie wrote:

Irata wrote:

Hell, 6 airport beers would have been cheaper than my afternoon there.
I'm glad I made it home safe too. It was touch and go there the last few miles from the airport to home.

There will be tighter TSA screening for personal electronics here soon, which I'm
sure will complicate the crap out of things        sad

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 … 512480001/

This world has really gotten screwed, ya know.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/
*Shipping available to your Confirmed Paypal Address only, will not ship to a different address*

#79 2017-09-12 11:28pm

CHAMPION-26
Pro Member

chakuech wrote:

I love the retros. I like riding my bikes and they look great next to the originals big_smile

After riding new school bikes I wont ever go back to riding old school.

After riding a few new school bikes...I will only ride Old School and never ride New School. big_smile

Always Looking For Comp Pool Tires

#80 2017-09-16 5:38pm

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 7

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Doesn't really bother me. If you don't like them don't buy them. There is obviously a market for these if companies are making them.

+1

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#81 2017-09-16 6:15pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 59

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

chakuech wrote:

I love the retros. I like riding my bikes and they look great next to the originals big_smile

After riding a few new school bikes...I will only ride Old School and never ride New School. big_smile

then you have tried the wrong brand and model of new school bmx!lol

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#82 2017-09-17 5:09pm

justlive

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

chakuech wrote:

Exactly! I was adamant that I was never going to switch from old school to new school for years! Then I built an Eastern Grim Reaper and that mindset quickly changed. I only wish I hadn't waited so long.

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#83 2017-09-17 6:25pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

justlive wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

Exactly! I was adamant that I was never going to switch from old school to new school for years! Then I built an Eastern Grim Reaper and that mindset quickly changed. I only wish I hadn't waited so long.

yup just like I was a die hard Dia-compe 990 Ad brake user. do to it being the fave in the 80's ,used by most pros. it worked  good then. why try them higher priced new school now. but Got a good deal on a 2006 Flybikes Pantera . so said what the H got a set of flybikes brakes to. wow what a diff it made!

#84 2017-09-19 4:48pm

justlive

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

justlive wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

yup just like I was a die hard Dia-compe 990 Ad brake user. do to it being the fave in the 80's ,used by most pros. it worked  good then. why try them higher priced new school now. but Got a good deal on a 2006 Flybikes Pantera . so said what the H got a set of flybikes brakes to. wow what a diff it made!

Yep. Heck, I'd even take the Odyssey Springfield over a DC 990. Night and day difference to me smile

#85 2017-10-03 4:19pm

Hawked
Museum Newbie

I just got back into the game after a 20 year hiatus and was happy to see many of the classic parts still being made today to put my bike back together. I think it's a good thing for those such as in my situation to get the parts you want new and just a few clicks away to your door, rather than trying to hunt down parts forever and possibly paying out the rear for beat up 25 year old parts or insane prices for NOS. It also helps others that just want to buy a "new" old school and just ride.
Sure the classic parts will always hold their value more, but there is nothing wrong with it.

#86 2017-10-03 4:27pm

Vert Ripper
Pro Member
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 1

Some people like chicken, some people like steak. It's great that there are options and that we're not living in North Korea. If someone is stoked on retros, rad. If someone is stoked on vintage, rad. If someone is stoked on both, rad.

The market determines the production. When companies start losing money, they'll stop production. Currently that's not the case. I say let people do what they want, buy what they want, and enjoy what they like. It's not my money, and it's not my life.

Jim

I've got a lust for life- Iggy Pop

#87 2017-10-03 5:51pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

Hawked wrote:

I just got back into the game after a 20 year hiatus and was happy to see many of the classic parts still being made today to put my bike back together. I think it's a good thing for those such as in my situation to get the parts you want new and just a few clicks away to your door, rather than trying to hunt down parts forever and possibly paying out the rear for beat up 25 year old parts or insane prices for NOS. It also helps others that just want to buy a "new" old school and just ride.
Sure the classic parts will always hold their value more, but there is nothing wrong with it.

+ NOS do's not mean it's damage free. it can get beat up / damaged just moving it around in the back room. of the bike shop. guy A finds it in for sale. then he resales it to you at sky high price. you buy because it is NOS. get it and sad it's as Fed up as some used ones.  it's just still in it's OS raper but Fed up .

#88 2017-10-04 1:50pm

ChrisHunt
Pro Member
Website

Haro Master 24" ....................... Just makes me PUKE !! Dumbest things ever made... and they sold like hot cakes.

82-86 NBL / Freestyl'n 83-86

#89 2017-10-04 2:44pm

STAY RAD
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 15
Website

I agree with Kurt and Vert. Live and let live.

I would have loved one of these about 10 years ago when I got back into it. But now I'm mostly into mid or new school. Bikes I can ride.

I will say though, it's kind of off-putting seeing some brands going for the cash grab. Nothing wrong with it. But some brands seem more genuine than others.

Get rad everyone!

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4330/36220737286_75e709bb47_o.jpg[/img]

#90 2017-10-05 3:48pm

justlive

STAY RAD wrote:

I agree with Kurt and Vert. Live and let live.

I would have loved one of these about 10 years ago when I got back into it. But now I'm mostly into mid or new school. Bikes I can ride.

I will say though, it's kind of off-putting seeing some brands going for the cash grab. Nothing wrong with it. But some brands seem more genuine than others.

Get rad everyone!

Cash grab? Most likely. After all businesses are in business to make money. What better way than to jump on the latest trend. The way I look at is not only are they possibly influencing younger kids with cooler looking frames that they never knew existed but also showing them the history or lineage if u will of bmx. Not to mention adding more bikes to the market. Win win to me smile

#91 2017-10-20 6:49pm

Jahstin
Pro Member

I like that they are doing it, don't like some of the ones I've seen so far, but I'm hoping they'll get better as time goes on. When I see kids riding down the street, I can't tell the difference from one bike to the next, so it's good to see something other than a black bike with the seat sitting on the tt. Or they are so horrible looking it doesn't even draw attention. I understand function and advancement in Frame geometry, however I feel that bikes should have taste as well. I love the new race bikes. State of the art and just hands down beautiful design and fab work. We live in a good time for cycling, and it amazes me how far they have come in all areas. I say bring it on.

Board footer

View Cart →