You are not logged in.

What's cool? I'm out of touch.  RSS Feed

#1 2017-05-30 12:21am

pedman
Museum Newbie

What's cool? I'm out of touch.

Hi guys,

I’ve been living in Cambodia the past few years, and in a few weeks time we’ve got my 12yr old nephew coming to live with us for, well certainly for the next few years.  He doesn’t do too well at school and it was decided (after a lot of discussion and thought) that it’s best that he comes here (away from the bad crowd he’s starting to kick about with) to learn a trade and be part of the family business.  He’s a very good kid, polite, helpful, full of energy and I’ve got every confidence he’ll have a bright future, as he’ll be around a group of very positive people doing great things for the community.
As it happens, I’ve got a bmx coming down on a truck from the capital.  I don’t know too much about it (yet) though my friend’s son has since directed his attention to other things, and it’s being passed on.

If he likes it, which I’m sure he will, then I’d like to get him a bit of gear to start him off with.  The problem I’ve got is, I’m way out of touch and have no clue what’s cool anymore, and more importantly, I can’t get anything here in Cambodia as things like this are just not available, so I’m having to rely on ordering things from the internet.  I’ve already found some gloves (https://www.easyprices.com/fashion/bmx-gloves-best), which look pretty good to me, so I’m willing to take the risk, but I’d also like to get him some trainers.  If I can lump together a few items and have them shipped over it will help with the overall cost.  Any of you guys know a good brand or a particular type of trainer/sneaker that’s a ‘must have’ these days?  I’d appreciate any advice you can give me at this stage.

Thanks 

P

#2 2017-05-30 12:27am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberDirty Deep 20
Bikes: 38
For Sale: 12

Re: What's cool? I'm out of touch.

What era are you thinking about.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22838/picmonkey-collage.jpg1_zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#3 2017-05-30 6:19pm

pedman
Museum Newbie

That's a really good question. I honestly don't know, though something that's quite widely available so I can at least order it online. For my nephew, he also (at this stage) won't have a clue, and I'm sure he'd be delighted with anything. Cambodian kids know very little (if anything) about the world outside Cambodia, so I can be fully flexible at the beginning.

#4 2017-05-30 7:24pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberDirty Deep 20
Bikes: 38
For Sale: 12

I would check here on the for sale section,  maybe there's something that catches your eye. smile

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22838/picmonkey-collage.jpg1_zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#5 2017-06-09 5:48am

Fongstar

Racing or riding the streets with friends...they usually want what the other kids are riding...I  bought my grandson 3 bikes in one year.... first bike was street like all the other kids. Then he discovered racing n went through another 4 bikes.. and then a mtb all in the last 3 years..soon will want to drive.. and the bikes will go in the collection... if it's any help I've bought heaps of bikes in Thailand then given them away....you can get some good bikes there and would be cheaper than overseas. Maybe a weekend holiday trip to Bangkok... vans are like 600baht Nike tn 1000baht gloves n helmets are cheap to... i do agree the kids over there appreciate everything they are given... good luck keeping em happy

#6 2017-07-20 5:20pm

Maver1Q
Museum Newbie
Website

keep up the good work

Nazis used the supremacist of the Jewish Book TALMUD ! Nazi = ASHKENAZHI = JEW !!! do some research

#7 2017-07-24 3:19am

jenifervanquez
Museum Newbie

Great effort & also the choice are really astonishing. I also want to pick some good one for my brother may be this will help me while choosing for the best thing for him. I gifted him a jeans last time at his birthday but now this one caught my eyes & want to order this through Discount School Supply Coupon at reecoupons. The reliable place from where I usually love to shop.

Board footer

View Cart →