Pic Reference Suggestion  RSS Feed

#1 2017-03-17 7:04am

general hustler
Pro Member"GHramps"
Bikes: 12
For Sale: 2
Website

Pic Reference Suggestion

I hate to be "that guy"  because I have seen some pretty senseless suggestions that can't be done or shouldn't be done or are already done. This one is sorta done too but it could be done in an easier accessible way and would solve a large % of the name it threads......

There were many manufacturers that produced for/under many different company names (Giant, Akisu, Anlun, etc.) with shared materials (Drops, gussets, forks, etc.) It would be helpful if there was a a sticky in the name it section that had pics of,...for example: a drop with the manufacturers name and a list of the companies that used it. Again, I realize this is broadly covered in reference but I imagine this sticky could be more user friendly and helpful. It might be better if comments were not allowed for the sake of confusion, but instead it could be updated maybe by staff through pm of scans or pics only. Nothing beyond a reasonable doubt would be published..................... Thoughts?

This just in: Drinking water supply has been compromised. Symptoms include acting irrational and disrespectful when discussing race, religion, and politics. Many impacted.

--------------------------------
NOW YOU FUNNY TOO

#2 2017-03-17 8:38am

general hustler
Pro Member"GHramps"
Website

Re: Pic Reference Suggestion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is an example of how it could look and not actual names etc.
Examples:

Drop Outs

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n567/generalhustler/goose1dpt_lg_zpsmqrhm4ji.jpg

Manufacturer/Location: Example Corporation Inc./ Referenceville
Company/Model Names, Location, years:   So and So/ Randombmx model, Locationville, OH USA, 1982-1986
                                                       Radco/       Samplebmx model, Ey-town ON Canada     1978-1987

This just in: Drinking water supply has been compromised. Symptoms include acting irrational and disrespectful when discussing race, religion, and politics. Many impacted.

NOW YOU FUNNY TOO

#3 2017-03-17 12:51pm

troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 95

I think the trouble here is going to be that this is a member built site essentially, at least the content.  So the reward for your suggestion would rightly be...great idea, let us know when you're done...

Personally I work in product management, and I so badly want to organize all kinds of information, and then I realize...this is a hobby and I have limited time for it.  Like your idea, but imagine having to be the one to pull it altogether.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#4 2017-03-17 1:40pm

NormNorth76
Pro Member

I've thought about using this place, the Internet in general and other pages etc. to build my reference similar to what you're describing here

We're only gonna die for our own arrogance, that's why we might as well take our time.

#5 2017-03-17 2:53pm

general hustler
Pro Member"GHramps"
Website

I was kinda hoping staff would manage it. big_smile

NOW YOU FUNNY TOO

#6 2017-03-18 3:43am

WILL69
Expert

general hustler wrote:

I hate to be "that guy"  because I have seen some pretty senseless suggestions that can't be done or shouldn't be done or are already done. This one is sorta done too but it could be done in an easier accessible way and would solve a large % of the name it threads......

There were many manufacturers that produced for/under many different company names (Giant, Akisu, Anlun, etc.) with shared materials (Drops, gussets, forks, etc.) It would be helpful if there was a a sticky in the name it section that had pics of,...for example: a drop with the manufacturers name and a list of the companies that used it. Again, I realize this is broadly covered in reference but I imagine this sticky could be more user friendly and helpful. It might be better if comments were not allowed for the sake of confusion, but instead it could be updated maybe by staff through pm of scans or pics only. Nothing beyond a reasonable doubt would be published..................... Thoughts?

cool

! ! ! ATTENTION ! ! !
Do not deal with member:  bmxlove  anymore !
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=701420
I'M A “ZERO FEEDBACK NONAME MEMBER“ ! ! !

#7 2017-03-18 5:58am

NormNorth76
Pro Member

general hustler wrote:

That would be great. In general terms I've somewhat given up relying on others and if I want something I just do it. That said I rarely get things done myself either.

We're only gonna die for our own arrogance, that's why we might as well take our time.

#8 2017-03-18 6:33am

troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 95

general hustler wrote:

I'm all for it.  Specially that Hobie Cat guy.  Doesn't seem to have anything to do....

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

Board footer

View Cart →