Crazy Pro Freestyle Tour  RSS Feed

#51 2014-04-01 10:07pm

flatland78
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 9
Website

Re: Crazy Pro Freestyle Tour

I have been looking everywhere for the GT winged logo seat clamp decal. Can you please PM me where you got that at? Thanks flatland78

#52 2014-04-03 3:34am

Stubbleduck43
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

Those pegs rule!  I had about 3 sets of them.  The only thing if you ride "hardcore", they wear out quick.  And, a GT or Dominator seat would look killer on that.

#53 2014-04-03 4:10am

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 16

omg get a new seat man.  you must of watched my thread of my pft for the seat clamp.   wink

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#54 2014-04-03 4:16am

xtremevert

put it back to the way it was unless you need those parts for another build.  reminds me so much of my 87 - 88 build it's not even funny.  I even tried those bars like you!  lol  even air bags!  anyhow looks much better before you changed it.  if you're playing with bars I put some all black new schools on mine with GT decals and it looks good.  thats how i have mine right now and it's pretty sweet.

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#55 2014-04-03 4:20am

xtremevert

flatland78 wrote:

I have been looking everywhere for the GT winged logo seat clamp decal. Can you please PM me where you got that at? Thanks flatland78

what color?  I think I have an extra one from my build.  pm if you want it.

#56 2014-04-03 1:20pm

enthuziast
Museum Addict
Website

Like the bike. Nice looking except for seat and pegs. Never liked launch pad seats. Probably comfortable, but ugly as hell

"If you're fighting to live- it's okay to die." Where do we go from here?" -Dave Mustaine-

#57 2014-04-06 9:04pm

argulace
Pro Member

xtremevert wrote:

put it back to the way it was unless you need those parts for another build.  reminds me so much of my 87 - 88 build it's not even funny.  I even tried those bars like you!  lol  even air bags!  anyhow looks much better before you changed it.  if you're playing with bars I put some all black new schools on mine with GT decals and it looks good.  thats how i have mine right now and it's pretty sweet.

Thanks for the comments guys but this isn't a carpet queen. I want it to match but really most of the changes I made are for function, not looks. The OG GT bars are for lack of a better term Complete SH*T. They twist, they have way too much sweep, the cross bar is wrong, they were wrong from the start imho. I pulled them off because just like in the 80s they feel like motorcycle bars.

The seat is a padded one because I've been trying to learn hang 5's and variants; quite frankly I'd rather not have a piece of ABS stuffed up my A$$ when I put it back down wrong lol. I like the air bags because they are slow. I need a slow tire with high front to back resistance right now (again for learning hang 5's and front wheel variants).

If I were going for looks it would all be OG. Or if I wanted something that looked pretty and didn't serve a function I'd build a Hutch smile (roflmao kidding Hutch guys don't get upset).

As far as the pegs, they are super light, comfy and they are predictably there when I need them. They also fit the dropout savers / chain tensioners I have for it. Because this bike has such thin drops and I'm riding it, I want the added support from a big peg contact point. Besides, they actually do look good!

Thanks for the suggestions though smile

#58 2014-04-06 9:07pm

argulace
Pro Member

xtremevert wrote:

omg get a new seat man.  you must of watched my thread of my pft for the seat clamp.   wink

Nope, that's an old trick. We did it back in the day when we spray bombed them too. You definitely didn't invent that one hehe. I'm just showing an old way to do it. There are much more "sophisticated" ways though. I just chose to do it by hand.

#59 2016-05-11 12:32pm

made2drag
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 5

Nice build man...I like how you built it for you and how you needed it to function.  very rad bike man

Increase the Peace

Board footer

View Cart →