You are not logged in.

1987 Zeronine Pro XL  RSS Feed

#1 2014-05-20 4:44pm

Fleatech
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 11

1987 Zeronine Pro XL

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image_copy2789.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image_copy2781.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image_copy2782.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image_copy2783.jpg

1987 Zeronine Pro XL

Sweet find!

Found this online in another city, my cousin that lived there went and got it for me and sent it back with his sister who lives near to me. Ended up that my cousin used to ride BMX with and play football with the guy I got this bike from...small world! He got this frame as is from another friend who used to race for Zeronine BITD and used it a few times and then it hung in his parents garage for 15-20 years until I rescued this awesome survivor!

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Norco, Patterson and Zeronine's are my thang!

#2 2014-05-20 4:57pm

Rastacosta
Pro Member
Bikes: 17

Re: 1987 Zeronine Pro XL

Lucky you super sweet find & looks to be in good condition. I just restored one I love mine & they are so rare got to be one of the hardest bikes to find I love them & would love to get my hands on another one someday. Good luck to you with it are you going to restore it

Luv My Toys I'm a Kid At Heart Cars, Bikes, Electronics, Skiing, Boarding {snow&skate}, Golf, RC Cars, & What Ever Else Can b FUN!!! You Only Live Once Live Every Day Like it's Your Last!!! "NO REGRETS=NO REWARD"  "NO $  NO big_smile "

#3 2014-05-20 10:39pm

Fleatech
Pro Member

Hey thanks Rastacosta! Yeah it was a pretty sweet find for sure and I felt like I robbed the guy...well not really wink

I'm torn between just cleaning it up and keeping it as a survivor (since it's in such great condition) or actually restoring it...likely start by just cleaning it up and getting it up and running again with some new wheels, some new grease and possibly a 09 plate/pad set. What's your thoughts?!

#4 2014-05-21 7:31pm

Knarly
Pro Member
For Sale: 3

Cool find !
I recall wanting one of these bitd, baby blue to be exact lol
Very nice condition
What stem is that ? DK XXL ?, and what about the hubs? You should get a parts list up.

Every time I get a new bike I always start out with the intentions of doing a full restoration, after I get them cleaned up I can't bring myself to peel off OG decals and re finish a not to bad OG finish. I guess that's why none of my stuff are carpet queens lol I would clean it and keep it as is, change a few things to your liking, for example those grips and seat.... Just suggesting yikes. lol and ride it.

Have fun with it smile

Welcome to the museum !

LOOKING FOR........   
-Black Kuwi lightening bolt stem pad    - Red Bulldog stamped Pro Neck Stem   
-GT hub axle collars (x2)                   - 8-10 Izumi chrome slotted chain links or 92 link chain     

"WHEN IN DOUBT, CRANK IT !"

#5 2014-05-21 9:35pm

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member
Bikes: 11

They're only original once. Nice bike. Leave it.

If it's got two wheels, jump it.

#6 2014-05-22 8:28am

Fleatech
Pro Member

Hey Knarly, the hubs are Suzue, rims are Pro Series but in rough shape. Not sure about the stem...no name on it, have yet to pull it all apart though. I will get a parts list together soon. I also don't like the seat, new grips already on (odi vans black)...looking for new wheels/gum walls for her and new lay back seat post/seat also need to replace the old Tektro brake. Going for a black on chrome look...also looking for a 09 padset and number plate! I cleaned up the frame/fork/bars with a little soapy water and 0000 steel wool on the tiny amount of rust on the welds etc. pretty stoked about how easy it shined up!! Frame is in mint shape...not even a tiny ding on it can't believe I got this thing for soooo cheap!  I wish I could find some new pro series rims for this so I could keep it as it was...I always liked those light as a feather wheels!

Thanks all for the advise and feedback. Being new to the museum and having been away from the 'game' so long it helps to have peeps to help out and provide valuable input!!

#7 2015-06-13 1:43pm

Rastacosta
Pro Member

It works great the way it is I cannot wait to see it once you have it redone

Luv My Toys I'm a Kid At Heart Cars, Bikes, Electronics, Skiing, Boarding {snow&skate}, Golf, RC Cars, & What Ever Else Can b FUN!!! You Only Live Once Live Every Day Like it's Your Last!!! "NO REGRETS=NO REWARD"  "NO $  NO big_smile "

#8 2015-06-23 9:34pm

Fleatech
Pro Member

Rastacosta wrote:

It works great the way it is I cannot wait to see it once you have it redone

Thanks Rasta...I can't wait either!!

Board footer

View Cart →