Replacement lenses for vintage Ame Goggles  RSS Feed

#1 2013-02-17 8:41pm

esw
Museum Addict

Replacement lenses for vintage Ame Goggles

I picked up two sets of 80's Ame Goggles from Hunt recently. I cleaned up and they are in outstanding shape, less the lenses. I planned to find some material and whip out two new lens. Problem is, I can't find the lense material locally. Does anyone know where I have find sheets of lens material? Shatter proof, tinted smoke 1/16" is what I need. I can cut and curve it once I find it.

Does anyone know where I can find it? Smoke .06 lexan. I goggled. Can't find it. sad

Ban me! Please!

#2 2013-02-20 8:50pm

esw
Museum Addict

Re: Replacement lenses for vintage Ame Goggles

Anyone? smile

Ban me! Please!

#3 2013-02-20 9:02pm

psychoduddycycles
WAYYYY in the red since 1983
Bikes: 9

I had some I used for a rear replacement glass on my 66 Buick wagon until I could find a real one. I "borrowed" it from a window place I worked at in NJ. I don't think they do internet sales but maybe check those kind of place around you. Just a thought.

or

http://www.professionalplastics.com/LEXANSHEET9034

My signature doesn't define me.

#4 2013-02-20 9:21pm

RACEIT
Expert

Have you considered possibly looking at present day goggle lenses that may be larger and you could possibly trim it down to fit the Ame's?
Modern motocross goggles are typically larger framed than the older stuff.
Just a thought.
Good Luck

RIP Autumn Pasquale

#5 2013-02-21 9:06am

esw
Museum Addict

RACEIT wrote:

Have you considered possibly looking at present day goggle lenses that may be larger and you could possibly trim it down to fit the Ame's?
Modern motocross goggles are typically larger framed than the older stuff.
Just a thought.
Good Luck

Yes, I've considered this. It's a great idea. Oakley are 'mostly' bigger but in the lower corners the lense is not wide enough. A lot of new lense have two small holes one on each side. I'd buy another lense and I don't know which would be big enough. Id have to order then learn it does not fit.

Thanks all.

Ban me! Please!

#6 2013-02-21 9:30am

esw
Museum Addict

psychoduddycycles wrote:

I had some I used for a rear replacement glass on my 66 Buick wagon until I could find a real one. I "borrowed" it from a window place I worked at in NJ. I don't think they do internet sales but maybe check those kind of place around you. Just a thought.

or

http://www.professionalplastics.com/LEXANSHEET9034

I think 1/16" lexan is the way to go. I wish I could get it in tinted material. I may do that then use some window tint and keep looking.

Thanks!

Ban me! Please!

Board footer