Bob Haro new bike. What is this?  RSS Feed

#126 2012-04-12 8:25am

downsouth71
Intermediate
Bikes: 4

Re: Bob Haro new bike. What is this?

This all sounds great. But it obviously wont be called a haro I assume? So does that kill anything to anyone?

#127 2012-04-12 8:28am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
For Sale

os_bob_o wrote:

They are going to try and rob us blind.sad

Lol yes they are!!!!!!!
You know I love osb ( old skool bmx) I would kill for a skyway ta, but that's it, I really don't want 100 bikes
I have a haro revo that I retrofied a mirra pro from 99 that was mine from day one , same as the revo, and I have condor form 97, I think lol. I just got for free a gt performer from I think 96-97 witch I traded to 1of1547 . I have my Berzerker and I repoed my kink back. But I want to get ride of the kink because I just got a Sunday model c frame I wanna build and ride. See I ride I don't really see the point of haveing 50 queens just sitting there I will have 3 lol but the Sunday and my fbm are 100% riders grinders jumpers that's what I like. I'd rather spend that money on .parts for my fbm and Sunday when I brake stuff nested of haveing tons of cheese in old bikes that I can't use the parts for my riders lol

But this bike for shore is going to be sick. I mean it. If it is going to be a affordable bike I may have to toy with getting one. And brake all my ideas u lol

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

#128 2012-04-12 8:30am

Hatebreeder
Moderator10,000 days in the fire is long enough.....
Bikes: 22
For Sale
Website

TheKoolKids wrote:

os_bob_o wrote:

Lol yes they are!!!!!!!
You know I love osb ( old skool bmx) I would kill for a skyway ta, but that's it, I really don't want 100 bikes
I have a haro revo that I retrofied a mirra pro from 99 that was mine from day one , same as the revo, and I have condor form 97, I think lol. I just got for free a gt performer from I think 96-97 witch I traded to 1of1547 . I have my Berzerker and I repoed my kink back. But I want to get ride of the kink because I just got a Sunday model c frame I wanna build and ride. See I ride I don't really see the point of haveing 50 queens just sitting there I will have 3 lol but the Sunday and my fbm are 100% riders grinders jumpers that's what I like. I'd rather spend that money on .parts for my fbm and Sunday when I brake stuff nested of haveing tons of cheese in old bikes that I can't use the parts for my riders lol

But this bike for shore is going to be sick. I mean it. If it is going to be a AFFORDABLE bike I may have to toy with getting one. And brake all my ideas u lol

Its going to be expensive........

O.T.B. Riders Club
Less talk, more riding.

#129 2012-04-12 8:33am

ryan71
Pro Member
Bikes: 3
For Sale

Definitly a 20 and whoever said the sheet is to throw you off is right look at the shadow slammed seat but it looks new school not a Haro for sure or retro.

Looking for a set of Tioga Monoblock pedals

#130 2012-04-12 8:34am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Website

downsouth71 wrote:

This all sounds great. But it obviously wont be called a haro I assume? So does that kill anything to anyone?

But it is made by Haro, just branded differently.

If this bike comes with plastic wheels, it will be a show bike only, which will be sad.

I like new school, it's all I ride.
I love to look at all BMX bikes, I just love the sport.

#131 2012-04-12 8:51am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Website

oldmanjoe wrote:

downsouth71 wrote:

Uh, reading comprehension problem. Disregard.

I like new school, it's all I ride.
I love to look at all BMX bikes, I just love the sport.

#132 2012-04-12 8:56am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
For Sale

Hatebreeder wrote:

TheKoolKids wrote:

os_bob_o wrote:

Lol yes they are!!!!!!!

But this bike for shore is going to be sick. I mean it. If it is going to be a AFFORDABLE bike I may have to toy with getting one. And brake all my ideas u lol

Yea I know! You know it's going to be either a G or just shy of a G easily

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.

#133 2012-04-12 9:56am

LooseNut
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale
Website

TheKoolKids wrote:

Hatebreeder wrote:

TheKoolKids wrote:

Lol yes they are!!!!!!!

I hope you're correct about it costing around 1K! A 1987 Haro Master cost around $500 in 87! Today's high end flatland completes all run between $900 - $1300. A Sunday Forecaster will cost you around $1000! 

If it's a revolutionary Bob Haro designed freestyle / flatland bike with all of the modern tech and still somehow manages to appeal (looks) to that old school collector / rider, I won't bat an eye at $1000. In fact, I'll be looking to buy any and all upgrades.

"I have been a stranger in a strange land" - EXODUS 2:22

PUNK PEGS Ambassador

#134 2012-04-12 10:18am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
For Sale

LooseNut wrote:

TheKoolKids wrote:

Hatebreeder wrote:

I hope you're correct about it costing around 1K! A 1987 Haro Master cost around $500 in 87! Today's high end flatland completes all run between $900 - $1300. A Sunday Forecaster will cost you around $1000! 

If it's a revolutionary Bob Haro designed freestyle / flatland bike with all of the modern tech and still somehow manages to appeal (looks) to that old school collector / rider, I won't bat an eye at $1000. In fact, I'll be looking to buy any and all upgrades.

Well the Sunday forecaster is a aftermarket frame with aftermarket goodies, so thats why it's that much even my wife said I have to be near 1500 for my fbm Berzerker

But the WTP envy is 1034 and that's a compleat frame, the geo is nothing like a WTP pro aftermarket frame. But it has evey éclat goodie on it haha insane!!!!

Yea, so what would you think he may charge on The higher end...?
Damn brother going all out huh..? Well I want to see yours if you get one when it's done!!!! Haha

#135 2012-04-12 10:37am

LooseNut
Pro Member
For Sale
Website

TheKoolKids wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

TheKoolKids wrote:

Well the Sunday forecaster is a aftermarket frame with aftermarket goodies, so thats why it's that much even my wife said I have to be near 1500 for my fbm Berzerker

But the WTP envy is 1034 and that's a compleat frame, the geo is nothing like a WTP pro aftermarket frame. But it has evey éclat goodie on it haha insane!!!!

Damn brother going all out huh..? Well I want to see yours if you get one when it's done!!!! Haha

Well, I'm really trying to stay positive about the outcome of Bob's newest project. Again, I'm going to have to see full specs before I even put down a deposit. It's just hard to believe it can be the best it can be without it running close to a grand in price (especially at a limited run of only 540).

Last edited by LooseNut (2012-04-12 10:57am)

"I have been a stranger in a strange land" - EXODUS 2:22

PUNK PEGS Ambassador

#136 2012-04-12 10:40am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
For Sale

LooseNut wrote:

TheKoolKids wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

Well, I'm really trying to stay positive about the outcome of Bob's newest project. Again, I'm going to have to see full specs before I even put down a deposit. It's just hard to believe it can be the best it can be without it running close to a grand in price (especially at a limite run of only 540).

Yea I feel you. I can't just to see it lol

#137 2012-04-12 4:51pm

sonikk71
Expert

I dont mean to sound petty but... I am bummed that according to the article, Haro and Bob couldn't reach and agreement. ( Although not surprising after as he probably wanted something quality and they wanted a non chromoly piece of junk that was oeverpriced.) As cool as this is it wont say Haro on it and that bothers me.

Need parts for a 1985 Haro Master.
My personal Holy Grails,
1985 Haro Master complete in Neon Green / Early 80s looptail PK with Graphites / Kuwahara Exhibitionist in White

#138 2012-04-12 5:32pm

jlewis
Diving Suits & Fishin' Sticks
Bikes: 21

sonikk71 wrote:

I dont mean to sound petty but... I am bummed that according to the article, Haro and Bob couldn't reach and agreement. ( Although not surprising after as he probably wanted something quality and they wanted a non chromoly piece of junk that was oeverpriced.) As cool as this is it wont say Haro on it and that bothers me.

+1 sad

WTB ---> NOTHING AT THE MOMENT!

#139 2012-04-12 6:09pm

jsadamski
Pro Member
Bikes: 18
For Sale

Schwinning1984 wrote:

lol... thats pretty good

Johnnny wrote:

is it being french maid?

Some body say French Maid? Sorry couldnt help my self tongue
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx183/jsadamski/4.jpg

#140 2012-04-12 6:50pm

77stroker2
Pro MemberThread Killer
Bikes: 8
For Sale

jsadamski wrote:

Schwinning1984 wrote:

lol... thats pretty good

Johnnny wrote:

is it being french maid?

Some body say French Maid? Sorry couldnt help my self tongue
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 … mski/4.jpg

I Think So big_smile

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab59/balantzseeker05/Ass%20Factory/French-maid.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/marymelody25/frenchmaid.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/bstgirlunevermet/stuff/2112.jpg

Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

#141 2012-04-14 9:15am

cat-walk
Super Pro Member

LooseNut wrote:

Hatebreeder wrote:

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/new … /6669.html

I think this is good news assuming "It will be expensive" means quality. I'm not spending a penny until I see FULL specs.

+2

#142 2012-04-14 9:18am

cat-walk
Super Pro Member

sonikk71 wrote:

( Although not surprising after as he probably wanted something quality and they wanted a non chromoly piece of junk that was oeverpriced.) As cool as this is it wont say Haro on it and that bothers me.

+10000000

#143 2012-04-14 11:13am

phillyphill17
Expert
Bikes: 12

Unless its a direct improvement to the 84-88 Haros, not too interested.  It's gotta use a 1" old school style headset, 42t-44t sprocket, 22.2 seat post etc...

#144 2012-04-14 1:10pm

sonikk71
Expert

phillyphill17 wrote:

Unless its a direct improvement to the 84-88 Haros, not too interested.  It's gotta use a 1" old school style headset, 42t-44t sprocket, 22.2 seat post etc...

I don't see how the first sentence correlates with the second...you used the word improvement. If he keeps everything the same how can it be an improvement?

Need parts for a 1985 Haro Master.
My personal Holy Grails,
1985 Haro Master complete in Neon Green / Early 80s looptail PK with Graphites / Kuwahara Exhibitionist in White

#145 2012-04-14 1:45pm

larsvegas43
Centurion Member

oldmanjoe wrote:

downsouth71 wrote:

If this bike comes with plastic wheels, it will be a show bike only, which will be sad.

No, his new bikes won't be manufactured by the current Haro bikes co entity. What lead you to that assumption?

#146 2012-04-14 3:20pm

no body
16yr old Frame-Wrecker
Website

kool big_smile

I AM 16 YEARS OLD!!! big_smile fallow me on instagram @remington_schaefer

Ride in peace Autum Pasquale

#147 2012-04-14 4:35pm

gaijin
Resident Hutch Hater
Bikes: 18

sonikk71 wrote:

phillyphill17 wrote:

I don't see how the first sentence correlates with the second...you used the word improvement. If he keeps everything the same how can it be an improvement?

Agreed.  I don't see how a 1" threaded headset is an improvement over a sealed threadless or integrated one.

avatar photo copyright 2012 asklite

Things I need:  Chrome MX-900s and Tech 3 (rear), 1st or 2nd gen finned Mathauser pads with original hardware.

#148 2012-04-14 6:03pm

King of Pipeline
Museum Addict

It's a tough one, just a bike for the collectors..Nobody will pay that kind of cash for a bike your not going to ride.. I can't afford to buy a bike i'm not going to ride either.. My carpet queen days are past..

#149 2012-04-15 8:33pm

phillyphill17
Expert
Bikes: 12

sonikk71 wrote:

phillyphill17 wrote:

EXACTLY my point!  To me, none of this "new" stuff compares to the old school stuff...wouldn't wanna buy one, but still am interested in seeing it.  Just my opinion.

#150 2012-04-16 12:06pm

oldschoolray
Expert
Website

With respect to Bob Haro, and I give him all the credit in the world, I think it's gonna be darn hard to duplicate what he did back in the day.  Back then, Freestyle BMX was completely new and innovative, and Bob was in the right place at the right time, and he took advantage of that and excelled in the sport. As far as new designs, new geometry, etc, there is not much else that can be done today.

Peace / Love / Happiness

Board footer