#51 2017-09-09 9:39am

ChrisHunt
Pro Member
Website

Re: My last Hutch Trick Star build...

lowrider wrote:

I'll get some better pics of mine soon, but here it is with my chrome 84
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … db6345.jpg

lowrider - can you post up more pics of both Trick Stars and their itemized component lists? - THANKS !!!!

82-86 NBL / Freestyl'n 83-86

#52 2017-09-09 7:20pm

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 7

lowrider wrote:

justlive wrote:

lowrider wrote:

I'll get some better pics of mine soon, but here it is with my chrome 84
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … db6345.jpg

Very cool ...What tires are those?

I've got 20x1.75 Frequency G's on the new school, 20x1.95 Duo's on the old school in that pic. Since then I changed the tires on the old school.

Oh ok. Those 1.75s on the new school actually look good. I thought they would look too skinny on a new school bike but they look good.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#53 2017-09-12 12:51am

abg_bmx
Pro Member

So my order has been in "processing" for over a week now with no reply about order status.  Did your order do that too?

#54 2017-09-12 3:31am

justlive

abg_bmx wrote:

So my order has been in "processing" for over a week now with no reply about order status.  Did your order do that too?

Ugh. I was just about to ask u that. I placed a parts order on Friday and it's still in processing as well. I emailed him yesterday but no response yet.

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#55 2017-09-12 3:35am

justlive

justlive wrote:

abg_bmx wrote:

Ugh. I was just about to ask u that. I placed a parts order on Friday and it's still in processing as well. I emailed him yesterday but no response yet.

When I ordered my frame I received an email with receipt of pmn instantly. Then a few hours later received another email with order status along with tracking number. Then two days later the frame arrived. So usually pretty quick turn around. Hopefully everything is ok.

#56 2017-09-12 8:32am

abg_bmx
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

justlive wrote:

abg_bmx wrote:

When I ordered my frame I received an email with receipt of pmn instantly. Then a few hours later received another email with order status along with tracking number. Then two days later the frame arrived. So usually pretty quick turn around. Hopefully everything is ok.

Ah ok.  Well I got the shipment notification just now so I guess he was just busy or traveling or something.  Hopefully your parts will be on the way too!

#57 2017-09-12 10:04am

justlive

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

justlive wrote:

Ah ok.  Well I got the shipment notification just now so I guess he was just busy or traveling or something.  Hopefully your parts will be on the way too!

Just got my notification as well. I figured it was probably something along those lines as well.

#58 2017-09-12 1:39pm

Spintech
Pro MemberNOS Before Mounted
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 1

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

subscribed bro. and as you know, I'm doing one too.... my bank account didn't really laugh at me as much as it flipped me off and set itself on fire.... lol

Lol! Mine just laughed at me because it couldn't possibly think I was serious lol. But on a serious note. Once all of us start getting parts together maybe we should start one  thread for all of our builds/progress?

I'm down with a combined 2015 TS build thread man. Works for me. Excluding the wheels, I'm purchasing the rest of what I need today. But this will still be a slow controlled build for me, lol. Once I have all parts minus wheels, I'll send off the f/f/bars/post for powder...

This'll be pretty cool with 3 (I think) of us doing 2015 TS builds....

There's a long thread about the 2015 Trickstar.. too bad it's been taken over by some haters http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/img/smilies/lol.png
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 20&p=1

Start an official TS build thread.. I think I might join in!

-Joe

#59 2017-09-12 3:35pm

justlive

Spintech wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

Lol! Mine just laughed at me because it couldn't possibly think I was serious lol. But on a serious note. Once all of us start getting parts together maybe we should start one  thread for all of our builds/progress?

I'm down with a combined 2015 TS build thread man. Works for me. Excluding the wheels, I'm purchasing the rest of what I need today. But this will still be a slow controlled build for me, lol. Once I have all parts minus wheels, I'll send off the f/f/bars/post for powder...

This'll be pretty cool with 3 (I think) of us doing 2015 TS builds....

There's a long thread about the 2015 Trickstar.. too bad it's been taken over by some haters http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/img/smilies/lol.png
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 20&p=1

Start an official TS build thread.. I think I might join in!

Ha, that was actually a thread started. I just got back on here a couple weeks ago after a little hiatus. I should've known it would go sideways lol. Alot of Hutch haters back then unfortunately. But I think that may have died down a little? At least the recent Hutch related threads have been pretty civil. But yea, there's a few of us starting TS builds and we talked about starting a group thread once one of us actually starts building lol. I'm still waiting on some parts to arrive. But it should be fun!

#60 2017-09-12 6:57pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

ok so I have most of the gear sorted now...  I still need the gyro gear, brakes, and tires/tubes, grips, chain, and a seat + post. I'm going to go with Odyssey Evo II's on the brakes and the gyro you recommended.  I found a decent set of chrome GT pro performer bars which I had on my old TS.. I figured the bike would feel a bit more like my old one with those. heh.  I'm probably forgetting something else but it will come to me..  getting that shipment notification on the frame got me psyched!!!  woooot.

Last edited by abg_bmx (2017-09-12 6:58pm)

#61 2017-09-12 7:29pm

justlive

abg_bmx wrote:

ok so I have most of the gear sorted now...  I still need the gyro gear, brakes, and tires/tubes, grips, chain, and a seat + post. I'm going to go with Odyssey Evo II's on the brakes and the gyro you recommended.  I found a decent set of chrome GT pro performer bars which I had on my old TS.. I figured the bike would feel a bit more like my old one with those. heh.  I'm probably forgetting something else but it will come to me..  getting that shipment notification on the frame got me psyched!!!  woooot.

Nice! You're way ahead of me. I only have the f/f, bars and grips lol. Next week I'll order my wheels, tires and seat. I already know everything I want it's just just a matter of getting a few parts every payday. After the wheels the only other big dollar item will be the cranks. After that it should come together a little quicker. And yep, JDB emailed and apologized for the delay. He was out of town and just got back today. But I really wasn't worried. Always had nothing but the best dealings/communication with him.

#62 2017-09-13 6:29am

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 19

I have everything I need for my build except the wheels. Looks like I'm gonna have to have them custom built/from scratch. Just can't find a suitable pre-build wheelset in the color scheme I want.
So, how many of us are currently building a 2015 TS, 3?
annnnd, the frame, fork, bars and post go out today for powder. I'm pretty excited. Just gotta build a box here at work to accommodate it all.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/72033/tslot59b9328fe5.jpg

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#63 2017-09-13 7:49am

abg_bmx
Pro Member

Nice!!  You gonna powder that router too?  wink

#64 2017-09-13 7:58am

thanx23
Pro Member
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 60

I have a park frameset I need to build, but here is my street version with the 22 inch TT. Best of luck on your build. They do ride nice.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/42465/18765653_10154437976787385_6403090259351045534_n59b9479340.jpg

Last edited by thanx23 (2017-09-13 8:01am)

#65 2017-09-13 9:10am

polterdeal
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

Nice!!  You gonna powder that router too?  wink

I HAVE been tempted...

#66 2017-09-13 10:57am

justlive

polterdeal wrote:

I have everything I need for my build except the wheels. Looks like I'm gonna have to have them custom built/from scratch. Just can't find a suitable pre-build wheelset in the color scheme I want.
annnnd, the frame, fork, bars and post go out today for powder. I'm pretty excited. Just gotta build a box here at work to accommodate it all.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 328fe5.jpg

Wow, I really need to catch up! wink Do u know the turnaround time on the powder? I can't wait to see how it turns out!

#67 2017-09-13 10:58am

justlive

thanx23 wrote:

I have a park frameset I need to build, but here is my street version with the 22 inch TT. Best of luck on your build. They do ride nice.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 479340.jpg

Really nice! I like the look of those mags on there too! cool

#68 2017-09-13 12:02pm

polterdeal
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 328fe5.jpg

Wow, I really need to catch up! wink Do u know the turnaround time on the powder? I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I do not know exact turn-around time, but C4 is only 45-60 minutes south of me, delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I had a friend (lives near me) get his Sport frame/fork powdered about a month ago. Total time from he shipped it to C4 and received it back was 4 business days. So... I'm pretty excited. Now I just gotta find someone to build me a set of wheels that isn't $600, lol....

#69 2017-09-13 3:04pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

thanx23 wrote:

Yeah that's kind of the look I am going for but with black mags.  So for tires I have a question, it looks like Panaracer HP406 kevlar 20x1.75 (I def want 1.75s on this bike) are the ones to get?  Are those the ones in that pic? the tan side wall and logos kind of looked like them.  Seems like they only ship from Japan but I will probably get a pair of those.  I ordered my Kashimax seat from Japan also.  Maybe they can carpool here. wink

Last edited by abg_bmx (2017-09-13 3:05pm)

#70 2017-09-13 7:06pm

justlive

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

thanx23 wrote:

Yeah that's kind of the look I am going for but with black mags.  So for tires I have a question, it looks like Panaracer HP406 kevlar 20x1.75 (I def want 1.75s on this bike) are the ones to get?  Are those the ones in that pic? the tan side wall and logos kind of looked like them.  Seems like they only ship from Japan but I will probably get a pair of those.  I ordered my Kashimax seat from Japan also.  Maybe they can carpool here. wink

Yep those are Panaracers. U can order them in the US at either planetbmx.com or flatlandfuel.com. I was on the fence about tires. I really wanted something a little wider, like 1.85. But can't find any in the color I want so I guess I'll be going with the 1.75s as well.

#71 2017-09-13 7:28pm

jeffc43
Pro Member
Bikes: 46
For Sale: 4

Yeah, the kevlar Panaracers are only available via Natsukashi out of Japan.  I ordered a pair a while ago, and I was amazed at how quickly they arrived.  Seriously, it was about 5-6 days!

I mostly use 1.85" Frequency G's for flat though now.  I've gotten used to using the all black ones, to the point that I really don't look much for the skinwalls anymore.

#72 2017-09-13 7:49pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

Yep those are Panaracers. U can order them in the US at either planetbmx.com or flatlandfuel.com. I was on the fence about tires. I really wanted something a little wider, like 1.85. But can't find any in the color I want so I guess I'll be going with the 1.75s as well.

cool cool.  I ordered them.  They say 40-85 PSI max on them and I shouldn't go over 60psi with the tuffs.

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=151749

Should be alight there.  I was looking at some Kendas also.  The Kenda "kontact" had some color options at 1.95 but yeah at 1.85 I didn't see many color options.

#73 2017-09-14 4:05am

justlive

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

cool cool.  I ordered them.  They say 40-85 PSI max on them and I shouldn't go over 60psi with the tuffs.

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=151749

Should be alight there.  I was looking at some Kendas also.  The Kenda "kontact" had some color options at 1.95 but yeah at 1.85 I didn't see many color options.

Yea, I've used the Kenda 1.95 before. Kinda also makes a Comp ST style tire in 1.75 in colors with skinwall.

#74 2017-09-14 4:07am

justlive

jeffc43 wrote:

Yeah, the kevlar Panaracers are only available via Natsukashi out of Japan.  I ordered a pair a while ago, and I was amazed at how quickly they arrived.  Seriously, it was about 5-6 days!

I mostly use 1.85" Frequency G's for flat though now.  I've gotten used to using the all black ones, to the point that I really don't look much for the skinwalls anymore.

Are those different than the ones that Planetbmx and Flatlandfuel sell?

#75 2017-09-14 4:12am

justlive

abg_bmx wrote:

If I had to guess, someone should be getting a bike in the mail today winktongue

Board footer

View Cart →