You are not logged in.

My last Hutch Trick Star build...  RSS Feed

#26 2017-09-05 7:25pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

Re: My last Hutch Trick Star build...

justlive wrote:

Lol no worries. I could care less about thread stealing. I just enjoy the conversation. Let me know if u get one smile

Well it's done.  Chrome!  I almost went candy red but thought I might treat that like a shelf queen too much and I intend to ride the sh*t out of it.   I am def going to put some flight cranks on it like my old one.  I see skyway has some 14mm tuff wheel II's that have a 9 gear freewheel option with sealed bearings too.  Not the lightest option but would look cool. smile

Last edited by abg_bmx (2017-09-05 7:26pm)

#27 2017-09-06 9:50am

justlive
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

Lol no worries. I could care less about thread stealing. I just enjoy the conversation. Let me know if u get one smile

Well it's done.  Chrome!  I almost went candy red but thought I might treat that like a shelf queen too much and I intend to ride the sh*t out of it.   I am def going to put some flight cranks on it like my old one.  I see skyway has some 14mm tuff wheel II's that have a 9 gear freewheel option with sealed bearings too.  Not the lightest option but would look cool. smile

Nice!!!!!! Post pics when it arrives! The tuffs sound interesting. Would be cool to see that setup.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#28 2017-09-06 11:07am

abg_bmx
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

Nice!!!!!! Post pics when it arrives! The tuffs sound interesting. Would be cool to see that setup.

For sure I will.  Yeah I need to hop on the tuffs fast if I want them..  The 14mm w/ 9 gear freewheel are running out of stock it seems.. I found red and yellow (new) and a member here selling some grey ones.  A red chrome look might be cool actually.   Looking at the other TS builds they look great with all the wheel options I have seen.  Oh boy here we go.  I don't think there's any coincidence I have been dreaming of and regretting letting go of my old TS for months and within a couple days of joining here this happens.  lol.

#29 2017-09-06 11:26am

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 18

justlive wrote:

troynlori wrote:

smile.  Git ' r done!

Lol thanks Troy! I was hoping to be able to ride before summer ends but when I added up all the parts my bank account laughed at me lol. But we'll see, u never know wink

subscribed bro. and as you know, I'm doing one too.... my bank account didn't really laugh at me as much as it flipped me off and set itself on fire.... lol

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#30 2017-09-06 11:56am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 59

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

troynlori wrote:

smile.  Git ' r done!

Lol thanks Troy! I was hoping to be able to ride before summer ends but when I added up all the parts my bank account laughed at me lol. But we'll see, u never know wink

subscribed bro. and as you know, I'm doing one too.... my bank account didn't really laugh at me as much as it flipped me off and set itself on fire.... lol

lol when my Subrosa aggro rags done. my credit card will be shredded or melted.

Last edited by FRESSTYLE FREEK (2017-09-06 11:59am)

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#31 2017-09-06 5:54pm

justlive
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

For sure I will.  Yeah I need to hop on the tuffs fast if I want them..  The 14mm w/ 9 gear freewheel are running out of stock it seems.. I found red and yellow (new) and a member here selling some grey ones.  A red chrome look might be cool actually.   Looking at the other TS builds they look great with all the wheel options I have seen.  Oh boy here we go.  I don't think there's any coincidence I have been dreaming of and regretting letting go of my old TS for months and within a couple days of joining here this happens.  lol.

Ha! Let the madness begin!  tonguelol

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#32 2017-09-06 5:58pm

justlive
Pro Member

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

troynlori wrote:

smile.  Git ' r done!

Lol! Mine just laughed at me because it couldn't possibly think I was serious lol. But on a serious note. Once all of us start getting parts together maybe we should start one  thread for all of our builds/progress?

#33 2017-09-06 11:27pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

So looked at chrome TS builds with lots of red parts and decided I didn't like that so much.  Then  I looked at TS builds with black tuffs and they look great. Mostly chrome with black wheels and accent parts.  I found some black tuff's with the sealed bearings, 9 tooth fw + 14mm rear and 3/8 front and grabbed them.  Grabbed my cranks and sprocket too.  So I'll be able to watch the frame sitting on the wheels while I order the rest. lol.   My frame order is still processing but I guess JDB takes his time with these being a one man show?  He said he had ~10 chrome TSs left so I am guessing it's not a stock issue.    Once I get my parts I'll fire up my own thread. heh.

#34 2017-09-07 4:00am

justlive
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

So looked at chrome TS builds with lots of red parts and decided I didn't like that so much.  Then  I looked at TS builds with black tuffs and they look great. Mostly chrome with black wheels and accent parts.  I found some black tuff's with the sealed bearings, 9 tooth fw + 14mm rear and 3/8 front and grabbed them.  Grabbed my cranks and sprocket too.  So I'll be able to watch the frame sitting on the wheels while I order the rest. lol.   My frame order is still processing but I guess JDB takes his time with these being a one man show?  He said he had ~10 chrome TSs left so I am guessing it's not a stock issue.    Once I get my parts I'll fire up my own thread. heh.

That sounds like me. I've been going back and fourth trying to figure out what wheel/tire/color combo I want to go with. Still have no clue on colors. But I have decided to go with spokes. I'll order them tomm. As far as the rest I'm pretty good with that. Just a matter of ordering now. That's good u decided on what wheels u want to use. Once the big parts are out of the way the rest seems to fall into place.

#35 2017-09-07 6:08am

polterdeal
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

Lol! Mine just laughed at me because it couldn't possibly think I was serious lol. But on a serious note. Once all of us start getting parts together maybe we should start one  thread for all of our builds/progress?

I'm down with a combined 2015 TS build thread man. Works for me. Excluding the wheels, I'm purchasing the rest of what I need today. But this will still be a slow controlled build for me, lol. Once I have all parts minus wheels, I'll send off the f/f/bars/post for powder...

This'll be pretty cool with 3 (I think) of us doing 2015 TS builds....

#36 2017-09-07 6:20am

justlive
Pro Member

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

I'm down with a combined 2015 TS build thread man. Works for me. Excluding the wheels, I'm purchasing the rest of what I need today. But this will still be a slow controlled build for me, lol. Once I have all parts minus wheels, I'll send off the f/f/bars/post for powder...

That's what I was thinking. I think it'll be fun to share in a build thread smile I'm gonna get the wheels and some of the hard to find items out of the way this weekend. Then hopefully get the rest next week. For me the slow part is just getting all the parts. Once I get them I have it built in an hour lol. Are u getting it powdered locally? U doing just the f/f? For me getting something painted or chromed was always the worst because I hated the wait lol. Can't wait to see how it turns out! If JDB would've done a flatland TS in fb I would've jumped on it. My last TS in the 80s was fb.

#37 2017-09-07 7:02am

polterdeal
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I think it'll be fun to share in a build thread smile I'm gonna get the wheels and some of the hard to find items out of the way this weekend. Then hopefully get the rest next week. For me the slow part is just getting all the parts. Once I get them I have it built in an hour lol. Are u getting it powdered locally? U doing just the f/f? For me getting something painted or chromed was always the worst because I hated the wait lol. Can't wait to see how it turns out! If JDB would've done a flatland TS in fb I would've jumped on it. My last TS in the 80s was fb.

I'm in man.
If I can sell the cranks/wheels/etc I have listed ASAP... I'll be finished sooner rather than later.
What wheels you decide on?

I love the futuristic black man. Which is why this is getting powdered smile I'm still psyched I actually scored a Invasion Tour Weapon HT decal....

#38 2017-09-07 9:08am

justlive
Pro Member

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

I'm in man.
If I can sell the cranks/wheels/etc I have listed ASAP... I'll be finished sooner rather than later.

I love the futuristic black man. Which is why this is getting powdered smile I'm still psyched I actually scored a Invasion Tour Weapon HT decal....

Still looking for wheels. What do u have for sale?

#39 2017-09-07 9:10am

justlive
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

I'm in man.

Never mind just saw your post. Wish those wheels were chrome sad

#40 2017-09-07 9:12am

polterdeal
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

justlive wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

I'm in man.

Yeah man, SUCH a sweet wheelset. I had em custom built, but now I need different colors for the TS, lol......

#41 2017-09-07 10:02am

justlive
Pro Member

polterdeal wrote:

justlive wrote:

justlive wrote:

Yeah man, SUCH a sweet wheelset. I had em custom built, but now I need different colors for the TS, lol......

Lol that's usually how it goes wink

#42 2017-09-07 3:51pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

Soooo.. if I want to run a gyro which I do, I can get the hutch star compression bolt with the hole in it for the front brake line and then get one of their "race stems"??  I thought the fork needed to be threaded for that or does it not?  Their old school stems don't have the hole for a break line so that's a no-go.  Just weight out the options here but I had a hutch stem back in the day and it felt nice..  I guess I could also find one from the 80s but they all seem to be $300 or $400 and stuff.   In other news I hope the tuffs hold up.  I know they have some limitations (max 40psi, weight, flex - which might be good actually).  I rode peregrines forever on my old TS and beat the crap out of them.  They were solid.  I am reading those were heavier than tuff2's and there was conflicting info on which were stronger.  Member "coloredtuffs" seems to swear by them.  heh.

Last edited by abg_bmx (2017-09-07 3:53pm)

#43 2017-09-07 4:31pm

justlive
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

Soooo.. if I want to run a gyro which I do, I can get the hutch star compression bolt with the hole in it for the front brake line and then get one of their "race stems"??  I thought the fork needed to be threaded for that or does it not?  Their old school stems don't have the hole for a break line so that's a no-go.  Just weight out the options here but I had a hutch stem back in the day and it felt nice..  I guess I could also find one from the 80s but they all seem to be $300 or $400 and stuff.   In other news I hope the tuffs hold up.  I know they have some limitations (max 40psi, weight, flex - which might be good actually).  I rode peregrines forever on my old TS and beat the crap out of them.  They were solid.  I am reading those were heavier than tuff2's and there was conflicting info on which were stronger.  Member "coloredtuffs" seems to swear by them.  heh.

I actually like the Snafu gyros. So much sleaker and simpler to use. Plus they come in different colors. I don't know much about the new Hutch stems. I wanted to get a freestyle one in chrome but they're out of those. As far as the fork goes.The stem just presses onto the fork and the compression bolt tightens down over both. Is that what u were asking? I think you'll be fine with the tuffs. I ran them a few years back and didn't have any problems. They also make 6 spoke tuffs just like the Peregrines from bitd.

#44 2017-09-07 4:51pm

lowrider
Pro Member
Bikes: 22
For Sale: 5

I'll get some better pics of mine soon, but here it is with my chrome 84
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/41686/img_043659b1db6345.jpg

[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

#45 2017-09-07 5:08pm

justlive
Pro Member

lowrider wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … db6345.jpg

Very cool ...What tires are those?

#46 2017-09-07 6:37pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

Thanks Justlive.. I'm just sorting out which stem to get.  Right on the top of the fork heh makes sense.  So that compression bolt on these new stems is just a stopper really and supports the inside of the fork top when the stem clamps onto it.     

lowrider - which (black) stem is that on the 2015 build in the back?

#47 2017-09-07 7:10pm

justlive
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

Thanks Justlive.. I'm just sorting out which stem to get.  Right on the top of the fork heh makes sense.  So that compression bolt on these new stems is just a stopper really and supports the inside of the fork top when the stem clamps onto it.     

Yep...I'm wondering if that stem is a GT stem?

#48 2017-09-07 8:25pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

abg_bmx wrote:

Hah.. my gut said GT but I'm 20 years removed from this stuff... but it's coming back to me.  It's a little surreal but I'm getting psyched about project TS!!!  Whew!!

edit:  or is it a Hero stem?  It kinda looks like a Haro I was looking at just now. Or BSD.. or FBM.  ...Ok head swirling again. wink

Last edited by abg_bmx (2017-09-07 10:03pm)

#49 2017-09-09 9:12am

lowrider
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

lowrider wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … db6345.jpg

Very cool ...What tires are those?

I've got 20x1.75 Frequency G's on the new school, 20x1.95 Duo's on the old school in that pic. Since then I changed the tires on the old school.

#50 2017-09-09 9:17am

lowrider
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

abg_bmx wrote:

Nope I was able to find an older Odyssey stem that looks like a GT style. Most of the components on my 2015 are Odyssey. One thing to note, the Snafu gyro works with the Hutch headset lock thingy, despite some people saying it wouldn't. cool
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/41686/img_197959b41421b8.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/41686/img_198059b4142194.jpg

Board footer

View Cart →