You are not logged in.

My last Hutch Trick Star build...  RSS Feed

#1 2017-09-02 5:59am

justlive
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

My last Hutch Trick Star build...

I haven't built anything in a couple of years mainly because I just lost interest. I think when u spend more time building than u do actually riding it's easy to do. I've been really intrigued by the amount of retro frames out there lately. I wanted to build something that will be my main rider. The one bike that I'm most comfortable on and that's dialed in perfect for me. I really liked the flatland Masters but honestly I've built so many twin top tube frames in recent years it just didn't excite me enough. Then there's the new Trick Star. I've been looking at it since they came out in 15' but was just hesitant because I wasn't sure if it would even come close to the quality and comfort of my old Trick Stars from bitd. In the end I decided to give it a shot. My only regret is waiting as long as I did to buy this thing. Only true Hutch fans will understand and appreciate the quality and amount of detail that went into this frame when u actually see it in person and are able to hold it in your hands. Pictures just don't do it justice. When I took it out of the box I instantly had that same feeling I did over 30yrs ago. I've built very many bikes over the years but this one is going to be a true joy to build. Not to mention I'm going to ride the hell out of it when it's finished wink

I also want to give JDB a huge THANK YOU for not only bringing back an iconic brand but persevering through the early bumps and hurdles and staying true to Hutch's roots while also keeping it relevant today. People will always have an opinion but there's one thing we all will agree on. Hutch is bmx and we all love bmx smilehttp://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27998/20170901_13351159aaaacdbe.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27998/20170901_13351459aaaae390.jpg

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#2 2017-09-02 6:03am

troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 88

Re: My last Hutch Trick Star build...

smile.  Git ' r done!

Last edited by troynlori (2017-09-02 6:03am)

My shipping is going to stink from 9/20-9/27...as in ....it's not going to happen.  I'll have spots of no communication, but will mostly be available to discuss.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#3 2017-09-02 6:13am

justlive
Pro Member

troynlori wrote:

smile.  Git ' r done!

Lol thanks Troy! I was hoping to be able to ride before summer ends but when I added up all the parts my bank account laughed at me lol. But we'll see, u never know wink

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#4 2017-09-02 7:01am

troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 88

As mentioned, I can help ya' get going....

My shipping is going to stink from 9/20-9/27...as in ....it's not going to happen.  I'll have spots of no communication, but will mostly be available to discuss.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#5 2017-09-02 8:34am

justlive
Pro Member

troynlori wrote:

As mentioned, I can help ya' get going....

I appreciate that! smile

#6 2017-09-02 10:51am

lowrider
Pro Member
Bikes: 22
For Sale: 6

My last, and favorite bike in my riding days was a chrome Trickstar. I got a chrome 2015 TS as soon as they were avaliable and love mine. It has been my go to rider ever since. Can't wait to see how you build yours. cool

[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

#7 2017-09-02 11:14am

justlive
Pro Member

lowrider wrote:

My last, and favorite bike in my riding days was a chrome Trickstar. I got a chrome 2015 TS as soon as they were avaliable and love mine. It has been my go to rider ever since. Can't wait to see how you build yours. cool

Thanks man! I procrastinated awhile. Glad I didn't lose out. The TS was always my favorite. Loved riding them! Can't wait to ride this one! Post a pic of yours. I'd love the inspiration lol tongue

#8 2017-09-03 3:27am

jeffc43
Pro Member
Bikes: 46
For Sale: 2

Hopefully there's some inspiration for you here?  Mine was a long, slow build though I'm happy with how it turned out.  It's not my go-to rider and I
don't ride it nearly enough but maybe your thread will inspire me to get out and ride it more too!  lol

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/64178/photo-oct-17-9-17-13-am-copy59abd8a21a.jpg

#9 2017-09-03 5:39am

justlive
Pro Member

jeffc43 wrote:

Hopefully there's some inspiration for you here?  Mine was a long, slow build though I'm happy with how it turned out.  It's not my go-to rider and I
don't ride it nearly enough but maybe your thread will inspire me to get out and ride it more too!  lol

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d8a21a.jpg

Now that is nice!!! New school geometry but still holds true to its old school roots. That's exactly how I want to build mine but without the black. I ran all chrome and black bitd on my TS. I think I'm going to throw in some color. But thanks man, you've definitely inspired me! cool

#10 2017-09-03 10:03pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

jeffc43 wrote:

[snip]

That is a thing of beauty!

#11 2017-09-04 6:36pm

tbone5446
Pro MemberInsert cool tag line here

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/74299/img_043259adff6e1e.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/74299/img_080659adff70b5.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/74299/img_080859adff6dcc.jpg

Love mine, super smooth ride!

RIP Autumn Pasquale sad

#12 2017-09-04 7:16pm

justlive
Pro Member

#13 2017-09-04 7:50pm

Jenny Caldwell
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

I love the looks of the new school Hutch gear! JDB did a great job bring back those Hutch goodies but to modern new school standards with nice quality and fair pricing. I have the Hutch Pro Racer XL and couldn't be happier with it! A must have for any Hutch lover!!

Wanted: Anything Eddie Fiola.

#14 2017-09-04 8:46pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

Man I am getting bionic waves of nostalgia seeing these sweet trick stars... I think it's only a matter of time until I buckle and build one.  Well, another one counting the one in 85 I built.  My dad tossed it around 2003 or something when he moved.  I should have grabbed it before that happened.

#15 2017-09-04 9:31pm

Dirty Habits
Pro Member1..2..Dirty's Coming 4 U
Bikes: 38
For Sale: 13

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22838/picmonkey-collage.jpg1_zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#16 2017-09-05 9:27am

justlive
Pro Member

Jenny Caldwell wrote:

I love the looks of the new school Hutch gear! JDB did a great job bring back those Hutch goodies but to modern new school standards with nice quality and fair pricing. I have the Hutch Pro Racer XL and couldn't be happier with it! A must have for any Hutch lover!!

+1000

#17 2017-09-05 9:31am

justlive
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

Man I am getting bionic waves of nostalgia seeing these sweet trick stars... I think it's only a matter of time until I buckle and build one.  Well, another one counting the one in 85 I built.  My dad tossed it around 2003 or something when he moved.  I should have grabbed it before that happened.

Don't wait too long wink I missed out on the first run. Luckily I was able to get this one. Not sure how many chrome he has left?

#18 2017-09-05 11:40am

Backinthesaddle44
Pro Member"be careful what you ask for"

My bank account hates my nostalgic interests too... lol

Nice f/f, enjoy !

We are paid by those who learn by our mistakes ~ The Working Hour

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato

#19 2017-09-05 12:04pm

Spintech
Pro MemberNOS Before Mounted
Bikes: 4

The new Trick Star is impressive! I've subscribed to this thread and will be following your build. I will be building one myself, just can't decide if I want the chrome or candy blue http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/img/smilies/smile.png

-Joe

#20 2017-09-05 2:10pm

justlive
Pro Member

Backinthesaddle44 wrote:

My bank account hates my nostalgic interests too... lol

Nice f/f, enjoy !

Lol thanks man!

#21 2017-09-05 2:13pm

justlive
Pro Member

Spintech wrote:

The new Trick Star is impressive! I've subscribed to this thread and will be following your build. I will be building one myself, just can't decide if I want the chrome or candy blue http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/img/smilies/smile.png

That's funny because I was deciding the same thing lol. In the end I had to go with chrome. I'd love to see someone do a candy blue build! This build is gonna be a slow one unfortunately but I'm hoping to see some parts start rolling in next week. Hoping to have it built before the end of October but we'll see.

#22 2017-09-05 2:20pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

Don't wait too long wink I missed out on the first run. Luckily I was able to get this one. Not sure how many chrome he has left?

Right.. my last one was white but I was thinking about chrome this time around.  That paint got beat up kind of easily.

edit: tbone's white looks soo pretty though.  heh.

Last edited by abg_bmx (2017-09-05 2:21pm)

#23 2017-09-05 2:40pm

justlive
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

Right.. my last one was white but I was thinking about chrome this time around.  That paint got beat up kind of easily.

Yea, I had a white one with chrome decals once and u notice every mark lol.

#24 2017-09-05 3:51pm

abg_bmx
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

Yes I did.. every one.  I just got a stock count from John. 

"Depends on the color. I believe I have only 1 lavender set, 1 or possibly 2
pink sets, 2 or 3 white, only 1 or 2 of candy red and candy blue, and maybe
10 or so chrome. Not many left."

I am probably going to snag a chrome f/f set tonight just to get it.  The lavender is so tempting if I went with a painted but component colors are way less flexible then.  Jeffc's all chrome build it a beauty too.  I am seriously not trying to thread steal here..  You got me all worked up! lol.

#25 2017-09-05 4:30pm

justlive
Pro Member

abg_bmx wrote:

justlive wrote:

abg_bmx wrote:

Yes I did.. every one.  I just got a stock count from John. 

"Depends on the color. I believe I have only 1 lavender set, 1 or possibly 2
pink sets, 2 or 3 white, only 1 or 2 of candy red and candy blue, and maybe
10 or so chrome. Not many left."

I am probably going to snag a chrome f/f set tonight just to get it.  The lavender is so tempting if I went with a painted but component colors are way less flexible then.  Jeffc's all chrome build it a beauty too.  I am seriously not trying to thread steal here..  You got me all worked up! lol.

Lol no worries. I could care less about thread stealing. I just enjoy the conversation. Let me know if u get one smile

Board footer

View Cart →