You are not logged in.

New site features pushed up  RSS Feed

#51 2017-08-06 11:32am

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
From: NE Portland, OR 97212 USA
Registered: 2005-10-15
Posts: 10807
Bikes: 398
For Sale: 61
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

ahahh thx for the movie...
Hopefully everyone can figure it out...http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/152/sloth598760bc40.jpg


[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

Online

 

#52 2017-08-06 11:45am

spyker
Freakzilla
From: Shangri-La
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 10925

Re: New site features pushed up

nate wrote:

I don't understand the confusion about replying to a PM.

You don't need a "Reply" button because it's just like a quick post in forums: type response, hit Submit.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5c1869.gif

What is it you liked about a Reply button that's lacking here?

I did all this and my submit button is not blue,it's white.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#53 2017-08-06 11:58am

nate
Site Guru
From: Chicago
Registered: 2004-10-21
Posts: 2821
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

spyker wrote:

nate wrote:

I don't understand the confusion about replying to a PM.

You don't need a "Reply" button because it's just like a quick post in forums: type response, hit Submit.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5c1869.gif

What is it you liked about a Reply button that's lacking here?

I did all this and my submit button is not blue,it's white.

Well that's messed up. Are you on phone or desktop? What browser?

Offline

 

#54 2017-08-06 12:02pm

spyker
Freakzilla
From: Shangri-La
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 10925

Re: New site features pushed up

I'm on a mac.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#55 2017-08-06 12:15pm

nate
Site Guru
From: Chicago
Registered: 2004-10-21
Posts: 2821
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

spyker wrote:

I'm on a mac.

So am I, but what browser? I tested on Chrome, Safari and Firefox and they all worked, so who knows.

I went ahead and removed that behavior, so it doesn't wait until you type to enable the Submit button.

Also pushed up a fix to try and address the scrolling-the-page-on-back-button problem.

Offline

 

#56 2017-08-06 12:21pm

spyker
Freakzilla
From: Shangri-La
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 10925

Re: New site features pushed up

nate wrote:

spyker wrote:

I'm on a mac.

So am I, but what browser? I tested on Chrome, Safari and Firefox and they all worked, so who knows.

I went ahead and removed that behavior, so it doesn't wait until you type to enable the Submit button.

Also pushed up a fix to try and address the scrolling-the-page-on-back-button problem.

I'm on safari.

just tested it,and now it works.Sent my pm and went through.

Thank you.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#57 2017-08-06 1:06pm

fairlyodddad
Pro Member
From: Huntley, IL
Registered: 2013-10-06
Posts: 1676
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 4

Re: New site features pushed up

I just wanted to say thanks for the updates to the site. I was going to make a new topic but found this.
At first I was like wth as it'll take some getting used to but that is fine since the site is much faster now. I'm typing this on my phone w/o it freezing up and me having to wait after each letter typed.

My only complaint would be the emojis take up too much space but no biggie.
I did have a glitch where my for sale was not searchable after changed from hidden but that was before the change and may be ok now? I know itsallgood was looking into it.

Big improvement overall! cool


“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

_** Looking for 89/90 Bully BashGuard, preferably with SN X8908567 Khaki color stolen from me back in '91-92 **_

Offline

 

#58 2017-08-06 1:07pm

nate
Site Guru
From: Chicago
Registered: 2004-10-21
Posts: 2821
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

fairlyodddad wrote:

I just wanted to say thanks for the updates to the site. I was going to make a new topic but found this.
At first I was like wth as it'll take some getting used to but that is fine since the site is much faster now. I'm typing this on my phone w/o it freezing up and me having to wait after each letter typed.

My only complaint would be the emojis take up too much space but no biggie.
I did have a glitch where my for sale was not searchable after changed from hidden but that was before the change and may be ok now? I know itsallgood was looking into it.

Big improvement overall! cool

Funny, I was *just* looking into that very issue.

Offline

 

#59 2017-08-06 1:14pm

Radman127
Pro Member
From: Marietta, Georgia
Registered: 2015-03-07
Posts: 492
Bikes: 11

Re: New site features pushed up

Change is good, embrace it. Nate is great.


"Never mistake kindness for weakness."

Offline

 

#60 2017-08-06 2:04pm

BRICKOS2
Pro MemberTHIRSTY
From: SoCAL
Registered: 2013-07-14
Posts: 5421
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 25

Re: New site features pushed up

Pages load strangely neutral

Offline

 

#61 2017-08-06 2:55pm

jokerman13922
Pro MemberIam robk's Bitch!
From: 28T Dirty Detroit
Registered: 2009-08-30
Posts: 12441
Bikes: 26

Re: New site features pushed up

Every time I back out of the page for awhile on iPhone it leaves me online but I lose the feature to post or reply, I have to log out then in again.

It used to log me out by itself after a certain time limit


AHOLE LIST:----> KING AHOLE BRADDLPHNS, KING MINION TXBONER AND HIS QUEEN MINION BIRD AND LITTLE MINIONS, ICEMAN, PERRONT AND FRESH (AGAIN)! DYNOBMX, MY STEPSON LIL BMXER, NEW MEMBER GTbikesIlikes, robk131313!   except Kurt-rad, and Roy Munson, And itsdug

Offline

 

#62 2017-08-06 2:58pm

turdburd
Pro Member
From: Inland Empire,SoCal
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 866
Bikes: 3

Re: New site features pushed up

jokerman13922 wrote:

Every time I back out of the page for awhile on iPhone it leaves me online but I lose the feature to post or reply, I have to log out then in again.

It used to log me out by itself after a certain time limit

Sounds about the same as my Android 5.


Aba Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123

Offline

 

#63 2017-08-06 3:17pm

nate
Site Guru
From: Chicago
Registered: 2004-10-21
Posts: 2821
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

jokerman13922 wrote:

Every time I back out of the page for awhile on iPhone it leaves me online but I lose the feature to post or reply, I have to log out then in again.

It used to log me out by itself after a certain time limit

Can't you just hit refresh when you come back?

Offline

 

#64 2017-08-06 3:32pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Registered: 2012-07-25
Posts: 1995
Bikes: 2

Re: New site features pushed up

Still
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/97791/screen-shot-2017-08-06-at-5.31.18-pm598798de1a.png


"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Offline

 

#65 2017-08-06 3:37pm

nate
Site Guru
From: Chicago
Registered: 2004-10-21
Posts: 2821
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

I did push up a fix for this, and it's working for me now.

It's not the most robust fix though. I believe if you're internet is a little slow it will fail. I'm working on a better solution that doesn't rely on javascript and will have that up soon.

Offline

 

#66 2017-08-06 4:05pm

jokerman13922
Pro MemberIam robk's Bitch!
From: 28T Dirty Detroit
Registered: 2009-08-30
Posts: 12441
Bikes: 26

Re: New site features pushed up

nate wrote:

jokerman13922 wrote:

Every time I back out of the page for awhile on iPhone it leaves me online but I lose the feature to post or reply, I have to log out then in again.

It used to log me out by itself after a certain time limit

Can't you just hit refresh when you come back?

Did that and logged me out to sign in again, that's good! Thanks


AHOLE LIST:----> KING AHOLE BRADDLPHNS, KING MINION TXBONER AND HIS QUEEN MINION BIRD AND LITTLE MINIONS, ICEMAN, PERRONT AND FRESH (AGAIN)! DYNOBMX, MY STEPSON LIL BMXER, NEW MEMBER GTbikesIlikes, robk131313!   except Kurt-rad, and Roy Munson, And itsdug

Offline

 

#67 2017-08-06 4:10pm

fairlyodddad
Pro Member
From: Huntley, IL
Registered: 2013-10-06
Posts: 1676
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 4

Re: New site features pushed up

nate wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

I just wanted to say thanks for the updates to the site. I was going to make a new topic but found this.
At first I was like wth as it'll take some getting used to but that is fine since the site is much faster now. I'm typing this on my phone w/o it freezing up and me having to wait after each letter typed.

My only complaint would be the emojis take up too much space but no biggie.
I did have a glitch where my for sale was not searchable after changed from hidden but that was before the change and may be ok now? I know itsallgood was looking into it.

Big improvement overall! cool

Funny, I was *just* looking into that very issue.

Ah sweet!

It was really odd. I had the post hidden and made some changes and saved it. Then when changed back to active everything looked fine but it wasn't searchable...

Let me know if you need anything else from me.


“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

_** Looking for 89/90 Bully BashGuard, preferably with SN X8908567 Khaki color stolen from me back in '91-92 **_

Offline

 

#68 2017-08-06 4:59pm

troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
From: Virginia Beach, VA
Registered: 2009-11-22
Posts: 10727
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 88

Re: New site features pushed up

Why is it so fast?

Why hasn't anyone PM'd me?

Why doesn't it take you to the new post when you click "new" instead of the beginning again...


My shipping is going to stink from 9/20-9/27...as in ....it's not going to happen.  I'll have spots of no communication, but will mostly be available to discuss.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

Offline

 

#69 2017-08-06 5:21pm

RobS
Pro Member
From: Mountain View CA
Registered: 2014-05-10
Posts: 4139
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 4

Re: New site features pushed up

working way better Nate!! not shuffling back to the top when I hit the back button, messages are WAY COOL...I like how there compressed into a single message instead of 12.... what a GURU we have!!! cool


Good things wait for people that happen!!

I'm no body builder, but I do 12oz tilts daily!!

Offline

 

#70 2017-08-06 5:21pm

CHAMPION-26
Pro Member
From: So-Cali
Registered: 2012-08-13
Posts: 2942

Re: New site features pushed up

RobS wrote:

Holy cow Nate, I don't know what you did, but pics load a WHOLE lot faster now from my iPad!! Good on ya man!!!
also noticed it doesn't scroll up to the top when I click the back button!! smile

Same here doesn't scroll back to the to the top when I click the back button.


Always Looking For Comp Pool Tires

Offline

 

#71 2017-08-06 7:17pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro MemberNOT Bubba Hayes
From: Mason City, IL
Registered: 2006-12-06
Posts: 5259
For Sale: 1

Re: New site features pushed up

On my S7 Galaxy while using the for sale section, every fs post I click on, it takes me to the bottom of the page and I have to scroll up. Also same thing on threads with more than one page. Click the next page and it starts at bottom. Have to scroll up. Third thing, while reading this thread, it kept randomly scrolling itself back to top of the page.


PLEASE do all of society a favor and click the REPORT button on every single post I make. It will make America a happier place for all the Snowflakes.

Sitting in my doublewide dreaming about owning a real Nomura instead of the seven imaginary ones I talk about owning and wishing everyone here didnt hate me so much. Married a sugar mama....there is still hope...

EVERYTHING BMX on the internet is  a RARE PROTOTYPE!!

Passing a six month grammar/reading comprehension/spelling class should be mandatory before being allowed to post on this site.

Offline

 

#72 2017-08-06 8:10pm

nate
Site Guru
From: Chicago
Registered: 2004-10-21
Posts: 2821
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

On my S7 Galaxy while using the for sale section, every fs post I click on, it takes me to the bottom of the page and I have to scroll up. Also same thing on threads with more than one page. Click the next page and it starts at bottom. Have to scroll up. Third thing, while reading this thread, it kept randomly scrolling itself back to top of the page.

Ugh, that sucks. I still need an Android device to test on. What browser are you using?

If using the default, have you tried using a different one like Firefox or Chrome from the app store? Just to see if it fixes the issue.

Offline

 

#73 2017-08-06 8:23pm

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
From: NE Portland, OR 97212 USA
Registered: 2005-10-15
Posts: 10807
Bikes: 398
For Sale: 61
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

Woot, the site is lightning fast now!! wow...
Some really cool updates!!


[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

Online

 

#74 2017-08-06 8:38pm

98brg2d
Pro Member
Registered: 2016-10-14
Posts: 296

Re: New site features pushed up

I am having the same problem as BRIAN HAYS, I am using up to date Chrome on IOS 10.3.2.

Click forward on threads (next page) takes me to the bottom of the page. In the for sale section it puts me somewhere random on the page, sometimes top, sometimes in the middle, sometimes near (but not at) the bottom.

Back button returns to top of page.


Bikes: 2004 S&M Black Bike, 201? S&M ATF, 1999 GT Speed Series 24, 2001 Schwinn Super Stock 1, 1999 TNT King of Dirt, 2001 Standard STA
WTB: Standard Bykes Bash Fork Decals 2000-ish

Offline

 

#75 2017-08-06 9:08pm

nate
Site Guru
From: Chicago
Registered: 2004-10-21
Posts: 2821
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: New site features pushed up

98brg2d wrote:

I am having the same problem as BRIAN HAYS, I am using up to date Chrome on IOS 10.3.2.

Click forward on threads (next page) takes me to the bottom of the page. In the for sale section it puts me somewhere random on the page, sometimes top, sometimes in the middle, sometimes near (but not at) the bottom.

Back button returns to top of page.

Ok I just pushed up a change and tested it on Chrome on my iPhone. I believe this should be fixed.

It should scroll to the top if you click on a link (e.g. a post, or page 3, etc), and should not mess with the scrolling location at all if you click back or forward.

You might have to close out the tab on Chrome, and reload bmxmuseum.com to get it to reload the javascript. Chrome caches the hell out of everything.

(This may require some more tweaking, this is a hard thing to get right! And I'm trying to cache things as much as possible to keep the site fast—have to balance between knowing when to get fresh content and not constantly reloading everything from the server.)

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →