troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 88

Re: New site features pushed up

nate wrote:

troynlori wrote:

nate wrote:

i saw that and i agree long threads are currently unwieldy, but i'm going to try the "compress all previous messages" route (a la gmail) ... or hide them and have a "show previous X messages" link or similar (a la facebook).

i'll be doing a big push of fixes in a few weeks after my wedding!

Well I don't want you to hide or compress....just simply reverse the order from bottom up top down.  Will solve everything.

Congrats on your pending wedding BTW.....

I don't agree. I don't want to read conversations backwards, which is why gmail, facebook, instagram, Messages, etc all read chronologically.

It *should* be scrolling to the bottom when you click in to a thread that is long and has new messages, but I don't have any long PM threads to currently test this. Iirc it was finicky in testing.

This is what I mean by compressed: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 6#p5890726

I'll likely use a combination of gmail's method (not totally hiding any of them, but showing just avatar + username for all but the most 2 recent PMs so it's not a HUGE page of redundant info) + what everyone else does: make sure it scrolls to the bottom on a long thread.

I'll dive back in and fix all these lingering issues in a few weeks.

I respect your opinion, but "should" fits in the bucket of opinions.  For example, MS Outlook and Lotus notes read from bottom up.  Anyhow, one half dozen or the other.  Anything either of us are talking about would be way better than the current situation.  Relax in the meantime.....fix this stuff later.

My shipping is going to stink from 9/20-9/27...as in ....it's not going to happen.  I'll have spots of no communication, but will mostly be available to discuss.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#252 2017-09-12 5:02pm

king stinger
Pro Member
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 27

Getting a lot of double posts now when i submit?
Anyone else have this problem.

Edit-Strange,i have ad blocker on and got ads for the first time in a long time but gone now.

Last edited by king stinger (2017-09-12 5:33pm)

#253 2017-09-12 6:50pm

Hobbes12
AdminKitty Is Watching...
Bikes: 37
Website

king stinger wrote:

Getting a lot of double posts now when i submit?
Anyone else have this problem.

Edit-Strange,i have ad blocker on and got ads for the first time in a long time but gone now.

The double post thing has been happening for awhile...it happens once in awhile...

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max Cardinal ELF Fit GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#254 2017-09-12 7:23pm

nate
Site Guru
Bikes: 2
Website

nate wrote:

It *should* be scrolling to the bottom when you click in to a thread that is long and has new messages, but I don't have any long PM threads to currently test this. Iirc it was finicky in testing.

troynlori wrote:

I respect your opinion, but "should" fits in the bucket of opinions.

Should was in reference to what it's supposed to be doing now: scrolling to the bottom on a long PM thread, to the first unread PM. Not my opinion, it's what I coded, and is apparently not working correctly.

#255 2017-09-12 8:18pm

Hobbes12
Website

nate wrote:

nate wrote:

troynlori wrote:

I respect your opinion, but "should" fits in the bucket of opinions.

Should was in reference to what it's supposed to be doing now: scrolling to the bottom on a long PM thread, to the first unread PM. Not my opinion, it's what I coded, and is apparently not working correctly.

yikes

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max Cardinal ELF Fit GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#256 2017-09-13 4:10am

troynlori
Pro Member"Pedal Peddler"
For Sale: 88

Well....apparently it's not what you coded.....big_smile   Here, let me see it, I can fix it.

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/20968911_828997773929621_3663673439257886720_n.jpg

My shipping is going to stink from 9/20-9/27...as in ....it's not going to happen.  I'll have spots of no communication, but will mostly be available to discuss.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#257 2017-09-13 7:06am

Advan
Hey Santa, you geriatric wanker...where's my bike?
Bikes: 34

This:

No email notifications for new PMs (fixed)

...is what I have been experiencing for the past 2-3 years.  Someone please PM me so I can see if I will be notified now via email please.

Wanted- White Industries Freewheel 19T and 20T, and Big Gulp bars- because I think they look goofy enough to cruise with!

#258 2017-09-13 5:08pm

robk131313
Admin***GRANDPA***

Advan wrote:

This:

...is what I have been experiencing for the past 2-3 years.  Someone please PM me so I can see if I will be notified now via email please.

PM sent

#259 2017-09-14 12:19pm

Backinthesaddle44
Pro Member"be careful what you ask for"

Anyone else having trouble with pics loading ? Some do, some don't. Many I just see the script. Other sites seem to be working fine for me, tried two devices, wifi and data. Just me ?

We are paid by those who learn by our mistakes ~ The Working Hour

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato

#260 2017-09-15 5:35am

Advan
Hey Santa, you geriatric wanker...where's my bike?
Bikes: 34

robk131313 wrote:

Advan wrote:

This:

PM sent

Thanks for the PM, but still no bueno for me.  Nothing came through my email.  Email address hasn't changed in years.

Wanted- White Industries Freewheel 19T and 20T, and Big Gulp bars- because I think they look goofy enough to cruise with!

#261 2017-09-15 11:50am

fairlyodddad
Pro Member
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 4

I don't get emails for new PM either, never have. Just get them for subrcribed posts.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

_** Looking for 89/90 Bully BashGuard, preferably with SN X8908567 Khaki color stolen from me back in '91-92 **_

#262 2017-09-15 12:36pm

nate
Site Guru
Website

fairlyodddad wrote:

I don't get emails for new PM either, never have. Just get them for subrcribed posts.

I can see you have them turned off. Go to Edit Profile > Privacy, check the bottom one marked "Notify via email of new private messages" and hit Submit.

For other folks not getting them, take a look and see if that option is turned on for you.

#263 2017-09-15 1:40pm

fairlyodddad
Pro Member

nate wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

I can see you have them turned off. Go to Edit Profile > Privacy, check the bottom one marked "Notify via email of new private messages" and hit Submit.

For other folks not getting them, take a look and see if that option is turned on for you.

lol
Sorry if that's all it was. I remember messing with it a while ago and it never worked but I will check it and see if it works now.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

_** Looking for 89/90 Bully BashGuard, preferably with SN X8908567 Khaki color stolen from me back in '91-92 **_

#264 2017-09-17 7:56am

Donarelo
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 16

My for sale stuff keeps going to HIDDEN on their own !!!

HELP !!!

I live in Greece, there is a time difference.

WTB : ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NOS Quad FF'S.

#265 2017-09-17 8:03am

Donarelo
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 16

And because they keep going to HIDDEN, i cant bump them !!!

I live in Greece, there is a time difference.

WTB : ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NOS Quad FF'S.

#266 2017-09-18 11:42pm

fairlyodddad
Pro Member

fairlyodddad wrote:

nate wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

lol
Sorry if that's all it was. I remember messing with it a while ago and it never worked but I will check it and see if it works now.

Oh man I feel like a fool. It's working now.
cool

#267 2017-09-19 8:17am

nate
Site Guru
Website

I just pushed up some other fixes for various things—including a more forceful "scroll down to most recent PM in a long thread" code.

I also hid all the extra user info in PMs in the sidebar on desktop so it's not such an unwieldy long page—and you can just mouseover the name to see that info now (e.g. feedback counts).

More to come... just getting back from wedding hooha.

#268 2017-09-19 7:07pm

DIPSOMANIAC
ModeratorEasy Rider
Bikes: 5
Website

nate;

the site is flying.

Thanks for all the fixes and congratulations on your recent nuptials.

#269 Today 10:47am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
For Sale: 61

When searching Beta and hitting the back button it moves you to the top of the page    sad

Totally loses your place from were you were searching.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/
*Shipping available to your Confirmed Paypal Address only, will not ship to a different address*

#270 Today 10:59am

nate
Site Guru
Website

stonie wrote:

When searching Beta and hitting the back button it moves you to the top of the page    sad

What browser are you on? http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/

On desktop a current workaround until I get this working perfectly is to just ctrl-shift-click (or cmd-shift-click on Mac) to open the link in a new tab, and then just ctrl-w (cmd-w on Mac) to close the tab and return to the listing view.

(Just found out myself that adding shift will open the tab and switch to it, at least in Chrome. I knew of ctrl/cmd-click to open in a new tab, but then you have to switch to it. ctrl/cmd-shift-click opens tab and switches to it in a single click.)

#271 Today 12:00pm

stonie

nate wrote:

stonie wrote:

What browser are you on? http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/

On desktop a current workaround until I get this working perfectly is to just ctrl-shift-click (or cmd-shift-click on Mac) to open the link in a new tab, and then just ctrl-w (cmd-w on Mac) to close the tab and return to the listing view.

(Just found out myself that adding shift will open the tab and switch to it, at least in Chrome. I knew of ctrl/cmd-click to open in a new tab, but then you have to switch to it. ctrl/cmd-shift-click opens tab and switches to it in a single click.)

I am on a PC running w7 and Firefox updated.

Yeah, sometimes I right click the link and click "open link in new tab"
Problem is that I need to remember to do so, and I'm working with a 45 year old drug abused brain  lol  sad

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/
*Shipping available to your Confirmed Paypal Address only, will not ship to a different address*

#272 Today 12:05pm

nate
Site Guru
Website

stonie wrote:

Problem is that I need to remember to do so, and I'm working with a 45 year old drug abused brain  lol  sad

Ha! I hear ya! That's exactly why it doesn't work, the coder is in the same boat! Haha.

It's definitely on the top of the list to fix.

I'm also going to add a "quick look" popup sort of functionality so you can get more details without having to go to the single page and navigate away from the listing.

#273 Today 12:10pm

stonie

nate wrote:

stonie wrote:

Ha! I hear ya! That's exactly why it doesn't work, the coder is in the same boat! Haha.

I'm also going to add a "quick look" popup sort of functionality so you can get more details without having to go to the single page and navigate away from the listing.

The quick look idea is awesome, I like.
Kinda like the thumbnail thing ebay provides if you pay out the nose for it.

GAry needs to up the membership fee some to help pay for all this stuff.
$20 isn't what it was 10 years ago.

#274 Today 7:20pm

DIPSOMANIAC
ModeratorEasy Rider
Bikes: 5
Website

Question; did the pop up notification for PM's go away?

#275 Today 10:01pm

Hobbes12
Website

stonie wrote:

nate wrote:

stonie wrote:

The quick look idea is awesome, I like.
Kinda like the thumbnail thing ebay provides if you pay out the nose for it.

GAry needs to up the membership fee some to help pay for all this stuff.
$20 isn't what it was 10 years ago.

Business Accounts...

hobbes1278@gmail.com

Board footer

View Cart →