#1 2008-07-23 8:14am

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 16
For Sale

1988 Haro Sport

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/88.5_sport_002.jpg

1988 Haro Sport

Oh Yes, finally a NOS frame and fork for xtremevert!!! It was a long and hard battle. The day...July 5/2008. The day it all came together. Take a step back in time to (Thursday morning). I get an PM. Canadascott is interested in none other than a 1996 Haro Ultra that is Wetaskawin, Alberta Canada. He say's buy it, pick it up and send it to me and the frame, fork and bars are yours! (For about a month before all this I was bugging him for this bike through posts and PM's).  I say "Are you kidding man!!!" Thinking to myself "I Love this freakin bike!!!". I PM back saying is this for real? He says "Oh yeah, it's for real dude!". I agree. So my son and I head out for work Saturday morning to install gates and then drive out to pick up the Ultra. I say to the customer "So how far is it from here to Wetaskawin?" since we are in the middle of nowhere on an acreage. He says "Oh yeah go back down the way you came, hang a left and then another left and ye'll see a sign saying Wetasakwin blah, blah, blah". Sure cool, sounds good. NOT! So we are in the middle of nowhere and I say to my son "COLE grab the map out the glove compartment please!". This is when my son starts giving me a guided tour of the all the secondary gravel roads to Wetaskawin, Alberta. In a nutshell, I had some good quality time with my eldest son (12) and was able to FINALLY get the 1996 Haro Ultra for canadascott for trade on this beautiful 88.5 NOS Haro Sport. Ya know, I built my other Sport totally custom because I thought they're were way too many turquoise/mint Haro framesets in the museum, but once I got mine it all changed. I now remember the childhood infatuation of always wanting a turquoise/mint Haro bike. The bike is beautiful and I love it! I can hardly wait to build this set up!!! Thanks again Scott!

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#2 2008-07-23 8:40am

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
Bikes: 15
For Sale
Website

Re: 1988 Haro Sport

Wow Jason... That is the FULL story isn't it. smile

Congrats on a Great NOS Haro. A real rarity.
I know you'll build it up amazingly. And a Team Model sprocket wouldn't look half bad on this one smile

—————————————————————————————————————
"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, Turn."

#3 2008-07-23 9:55am

xtremevert
For Sale

Hey thanks Matt.  Did you happen to get my e-mail on helping me with my decals for my bmx that I intend to weld up from scratch???  I think together (once I figure out a name) we would be able to come up with some detailed killer graphix!  What do you think?  You in?  LMK.   big_smile

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#4 2008-07-23 10:14am

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
Bikes: 15
For Sale
Website

xtremevert wrote:

Hey thanks Matt.  Did you happen to get my e-mail on helping me with my decals for my bmx that I intend to weld up from scratch???  I think together (once I figure out a name) we would be able to come up with some detailed killer graphix!  What do you think?  You in?  LMK.   big_smile

You never got my reply?
I replied instantly.. I'm IN!  check your home email address - I know that happened before.
Great idea.
I'lll re-send  when i get home.

—————————————————————————————————————
"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, Turn."

#5 2008-07-23 10:21am

Haro Hound
Pro Memberjsholst200
Bikes: 9
For Sale

Wow....thats a cool story.
Friends helping friends and Haros being traded for Haros.....the plot doesn't get much better than that.
The bike looks absolutely immaculate!big_smile

In The Name Of God....Father I'll Fly!!!!!!!

#6 2008-07-23 11:24am

xtremevert
For Sale

chromey wrote:

xtremevert wrote:

You never got my reply?
I replied instantly.. I'm IN!  check your home email address - I know that happened before.
Great idea.
I'lll re-send  when i get home.

Hmmm. no didn't get it.  I checked like everyday and was beginning to wonder who else could help me.  Anyway, yeah, please resend.  Thanks man, I knew I could count on you.  smile

#7 2008-07-26 8:25pm

sport
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1

Hey sweet bike jason ! Thats one heck of a story its amazing what we will go through for these bikes isnt it.

#8 2008-07-29 5:22am

canadascott
freestyler
Bikes: 12

ITS AWESOME AND minty mint mint.... enjoy it cool

(• Y •)           â€¹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› Yah!

#9 2008-09-02 9:16pm

yellow99s
Expert
Bikes: 17

killer bike, although i thought the team model had a black front instead of turquoise?

"This should be a no brainer guys. If you think the wife would disagree with the bike/price tell her "Honey, I bought this for you. I LUUVVVV you...". And then proceed to put it with your other bikes and tell her she can never ride it. lol"

#10 2008-09-03 4:45am

canadascott
freestyler
Bikes: 12

yellow99s wrote:

killer bike, although i thought the team model had a black front instead of turquoise?

there were no 88.5 teams, 88's were all black and chrome.... thats what might make this one rare it came from haro like this... nice haro mistake

(• Y •)           â€¹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› Yah!

#11 2008-11-30 7:47pm

glenn1011
Pro Member
For Sale
Website

Just read this post. Did you get the bike at reed's? and when is your next planned trip to the lovely city of Wetaskiwin, Alberta?

Glenn

Old school Sherwood Park.

#12 2009-04-17 9:47pm

RL20IIuser
Museum Newbie

that was the haro i was going in to George's to buy when i bought my RL instead.  i loved that bike. the color is something cool to see in person.

#13 2009-04-18 9:30am

glenn1011
Pro Member
For Sale
Website

RL20IIuser wrote:

that was the haro i was going in to George's to buy when i bought my RL instead.  i loved that bike. the color is something cool to see in person.

Ah, Georges bicycles, that store was great BITD.

Glenn

Old school Sherwood Park.

#14 2013-02-21 1:43pm

Sylasinn
Centurion Member
Bikes: 1

any updated picks yet? Like to see how it turned out, have the same 1988.5 frame &fork

#15 2013-02-21 7:35pm

xtremevert
For Sale

Sylasinn wrote:

any updated picks yet? Like to see how it turned out, have the same 1988.5 frame &fork

yeah its in my bikes.

Board footer