1987 Kuwahara Magician  RSS Feed

#1 2008-07-02 10:17pm

sleepytime
Bikes: 5

1987 Kuwahara Magician

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/kuwamag1.jpg

1987 Kuwahara Magician

My daily rider!

Just threw this together to have a bike to mess around on, and not care what happens.. heh.
Here are the specs:
Original condition frame, forks, bars, seatpost clamp, chainwheel, grips
Odyssey Pitbull brakes
Odyssey Gyro
Weinmann rear wheel, Haro front wheel
VP pedals
some random seatpost, seat, and stem..

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

#2 2008-07-02 10:38pm

supastarxakid

Re: 1987 Kuwahara Magician

I love the colors on the bike..it's sicck!big_smile

#3 2008-07-03 12:37am

sleepytime
Bikes: 5

thanks...!  im think im gonna change the wheels already... i dont know!! heh

#4 2009-02-15 4:37pm

Nasty
Banned

#5 2010-06-16 5:55am

Collinzdaddy
Bikes: 1

You may believe me or you may not, makes no differance to me.  In 1985 I was 11yrs old and saw the 1986 Kuwahara Magician in BMX magazine.  I had a paper route and had been saving my money for two years.  There was no internet OBVIOUSLY at that time so everything was phone or mail order.  I clipped out the little mail in order form and called the Kuwahara Corp. office to ask about ordering one and what colors I could get.  I ordered the bike exactly the way I wanted it because we were a poor family and I had never had nothing my whole childhood like lego's or anything so this was my chance.  I was a little mature for my age but anyhow.  This is what I ordered.  The Magician you have pictured with a few differances.  Mine was a (GREY: Frame, 6 Spoke Rims, Grips and Seat) (PINK: Lettering, Bars, Laid back Seatpost and TIRES!)  I was told by the person on the phone that I actually had placed the first customer order for the 1986 Magician in these color combo's.  I paid extra for the options or 6 spokes, Grey Grips, Laid back Seatpost in Pink and the Pink Tires.  In 1985 the total for this bike was over $400 but to me it was worth every penny.  I waited over a year to get it and kept in contact with my customer service rep.  In those days you had to because you couldn't just track your pack online!!!!!!!  Anyhow, when in finally arrived I was blown away to find a certificate that stated I had bike #1 to the US in the Grey Pink combo.  Now looking back and just finding this website, I am crying myself to sleep because at 11yrs old it was just "OH WOW, thats really cool". now its "HOLY SH*!"  Anyway, long story short, I rode the tires bald and it was a great bike and I sold it four years later for $50.  OH GOD DO I CRY! The certificate was long gone too, lost in a move.  OF COURSE RIGHT.  Well, I would love to have a Grey and Pink Magician back so I could rebuild it and relive my childhood again.  I'm 36 now and could use the stimulation.  Have a great day! cool

#6 2010-06-16 7:14am

Collinzdaddy
Bikes: 1

Oh, and I actually think mine was a Magician Pro or somthing like that.  Its been so long that I cant realy remember exactly. Well I think I've done enough gabbing abougt me.

Board footer