1994 GT Performer
1992 Yellow GT Performer
1992 Dyno Slammer

#2 2015-04-10 10:33am

Hamell
Pro MemberForever Licking His Own Seathole
Bikes: 11

Re: New paint by Volvo

life paint + live trap = ghost raccoons.

:::CALLOUT::: 86seeS STOLE MY FVCKING PHONE CHARGER! EXCEPT, BUT.  IT'S NOT A Phone charger. It's really a battery that you can use to charge anything with a USB cable, and he didn't actually "steal" it so much as I "left" it in his car. So I guess I might have overreacted a bit. Sorry. :::CALLOUT:::

#3 2015-04-10 10:35am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 27

Cool idea, but it might not help much when in a fairly bright area with street lights.

Drivers are going to miss EVERYTHING when they text & drive, which I see happen every day.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/
*Shipping available to your Confirmed Paypal Address only, will not ship to a different address*

#4 2015-04-10 10:36am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
For Sale: 27

If you text & drive you are an a$$hole, period     mad

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/
*Shipping available to your Confirmed Paypal Address only, will not ship to a different address*

#5 2015-04-10 10:49am

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

stupid idea.

mainly because the people its intended for think they're traffic, and can ride with cars, which is why their dumbasses get hit in the first place lol

just because you can keep up with car traffic, on your silly road bike with your silly spandex, doesn't mean you can yell at cars in your way, as they technically aren't, since you dont belong in traffic in the first godamn place madlol

Last edited by 4130_stoner (2015-04-10 10:51am)

riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

#6 2015-04-10 10:51am

Hamell

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

mainly because the people its intended for think they're traffic, and can ride with cars, which is why their dumbasses get hit in the first place lol

Cyclists have every right to the road as a motorist.

:::CALLOUT::: 86seeS STOLE MY FVCKING PHONE CHARGER! EXCEPT, BUT.  IT'S NOT A Phone charger. It's really a battery that you can use to charge anything with a USB cable, and he didn't actually "steal" it so much as I "left" it in his car. So I guess I might have overreacted a bit. Sorry. :::CALLOUT:::

#7 2015-04-10 10:55am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 59

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

just because you can keep up with car traffic, on your silly road bike with your silly spandex, doesn't mean you can yell at cars in your way, as they technically aren't, since you dont belong in traffic in the first godamn place madlol

it's called share the road. we cyclist  have the same wright and rules to fallow as motor vehicles do! by law in most states.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#8 2015-04-10 11:19am

jpxup
Pro MemberPro of all Pro's!!!

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

it's called share the road. we cyclist  have the same wright and rules to fallow as motor vehicles do! by law in most states.

I'll begin by saying, I LOVE ALL CYCLISTS, I LOVE ALL MOTORIST, I LOVE ALL CARS, I LOVE ALL BIKES, I EVEN LOVE ALL ROADS., but I get that whole we are the world and we all must share the road and this planet mentality.., but statistics will show that Cycling Deaths by Motorist, is at an all time high!..., you may want to re-think that whole, " WE ARE ALL EQUAL AND WE MUST SHARE THE ROAD", mentality. It would be real nice to actually live a "FULL LIFE"....just saying!

"CENSORED" if "DIFFERENT"

#9 2015-04-10 11:23am

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

jpxup wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

I'll begin by saying, I LOVE ALL CYCLISTS, I LOVE ALL MOTORIST, I LOVE ALL CARS, I LOVE ALL BIKES, I EVEN LOVE ALL ROADS., but I get that whole we are the world and we all must share the road and this planet mentality.., but statistics will show that Cycling Deaths by Motorist, is at an all time high!..., you may want to re-think that whole, " WE ARE ALL EQUAL AND WE MUST SHARE THE ROAD", mentality. It would be real nice to actually live a "FULL LIFE"....just saying!

BINGO!

regardless of whether or not we have a "right" to the road, im smart and ride in the BIKE LANE, as thats what it was intended for. im not saying i dont ride through traffic and whatnot, but a good majority of cyclists that get hit and the reason this paint exists, is because they are dumb and ride with cars while people are texting and generally not paying attention, get hit and get mad. having been hit 3 times by cars, i can say its "not fun", and i really dont feel anymore "badass" riding down the middle of the road with cars that have a good possiblity of blasting me, frank that! lol

riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

#10 2015-04-10 11:25am

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

by law, perhaps, but standards of virtue and physics, even a little bump from a car slightly not paying attention is just not worth the injury of a broken bone or much worse. bike lanes were created for a reason, much like car lanes. they both serve a purpose, when people start to blur those lines, well guess what! more people get hit lolroll

although i believe you may have misread my point, bikes on the road are perfectly fine, riding in the same lane as cars (im not saying slightly in traffic because there is no bike lane, im saying fully in traffic lane being an seathole to drivers, like EVERY roadbiker i see these days) , and then getting mad when you get hit, is well.....dumb lol

Last edited by 4130_stoner (2015-04-10 11:30am)

#11 2015-04-10 11:29am

jpxup

4130_stoner wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

by law, perhaps, but standards of virtue and physics, even a little bump from a car slightly not paying attention is just not worth the injury of a broken bone or much worse. bike lanes were created for a reason, much like car lanes. they both serve a purpose, when people start to blur those lines, well guess what! more people get hit lolroll

In today's world, keeping motorist off the side-walks, can be a mission in itself!., If we can simply keep all motorist in their perspective lanes., we can consider that...."MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"....just saying.

#12 2015-04-10 11:41am

blueep3piece
Pro Memberno forks given
Bikes: 5

I think it's a cool idea

current school > your school

#13 2015-04-10 12:05pm

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!
Bikes: 13

Additional precautionary measure. What's wrong with that?? I can't count the number of times I've been driving and gone to make a left or right turn at night and could barely see a cyclists passing through. I think if they had something like this, it would only help them be seen just a little more and prevent drivers from the possibility of hitting them.

Question though about the paint. It goes on clear and shines only in light at night?

#14 2015-04-10 12:06pm

DemonGT
Pro MemberDay-Glo Dynamo
Bikes: 33
For Sale: 1

jpxup wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

In today's world, keeping motorist off the side-walks, can be a mission in itself!., If we can simply keep all motorist in their perspective lanes., we can consider that...."MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"....just saying.

https://playlegit.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/im-just-saying.jpg?w=760
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/48353974.jpg
http://www.mmasucka.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/just-saying_design2.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/just%20sayin.jpg

WTB: 1992/1993/1994 GT Pro Freestyle Tour
1994 GT Performer
1992 Yellow GT Performer
1992 Dyno Slammer

#15 2015-04-10 12:13pm

Johnnny
Pro MemberI prefer Sockeye to be honest....
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 1
Website

I think it's a good idea. The safer the better. Doesnt mean anyone can ride less cautiously because they're using it.

Born again. Mom has a strong uterus.

#16 2015-04-10 12:15pm

jpxup

FRESH wrote:

Additional precautionary measure. What's wrong with that?? I can't count the number of times I've been driving and gone to make a left or right turn at night and could barely see a cyclists passing through. I think if they had something like this, it would only help them be seen just a little more and prevent drivers from the possibility of hitting them.

Question though about the paint. It goes on clear and shines only in light at night?

Is it OK to spray that on your 78 DB?

#17 2015-04-10 12:26pm

jpxup

The battle between "What's Good" vs.  "What's Good for Us"..., same battle with "What We Need" vs. "What We Want"., both never ending sagas!

#18 2015-04-10 12:54pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 59

4130_stoner wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

although i believe you may have misread my point, bikes on the road are perfectly fine, riding in the same lane as cars (im not saying slightly in traffic because there is no bike lane, im saying fully in traffic lane being an seathole to drivers, like EVERY roadbiker i see these days) , and then getting mad when you get hit, is well.....dumb lol

oh and we as you call us dumb-asses do not all way get hit when riding with traffic! we have been hit by cars. when riding in the bike lane to. they (people in cars) just do not bother to look out for us cyclist or motor cycles while driving.
so this may help out while we share the road!wink

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#19 2015-04-10 12:58pm

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!

jpxup wrote:

FRESH wrote:

How is that statement even relevant?

roll

#20 2015-04-10 1:04pm

Ripperdawg13m
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Just remember -    20 pound bike   VS    2000 pound SUV

I thing you know who wins.

Everyone,  please be careful...    smile

Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet ...

#21 2015-04-10 1:10pm

jpxup

FRESH wrote:

jpxup wrote:

FRESH wrote:

roll

I'll approach slowly, in a "Non Combative" way, I ask that you put down your "Weapons of Mass-Destruction" and let's attempt an adult discussion. I'll begin by saying, I LOVE YOU MAN., now let's get on with it!., You ask for relevance in my question., well let me attempt to explain. We can all agree the importance of both driver and cyclist safety., follow me now., we can agree that something needs to be done., stay with me...we can agree that it might work..., now will you spray that on your newly restored 78 DB?., Again, we can all see what's s "Good for Us".., but we equally battle with what's "Good"..., simply speaking..., it's a good idea, right?.., now let me spray the shit on your bike.., is that cool with ya?
In closing, "I LOVE EVERYONE".

#22 2015-04-10 1:13pm

jpxup

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

oh and we as you call us dumb-asses do not all way get hit when riding with traffic! we have been hit by cars. when riding in the bike lane to. they (people in cars) just do not bother to look out for us cyclist or motor cycles while driving.
so this may help out while we share the road!wink

You are NOT a D A..............I LOVE YOU MAN!

#23 2015-04-10 1:58pm

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!

jpxup wrote:

FRESH wrote:

jpxup wrote:

roll

I'll approach slowly, in a "Non Combative" way, I ask that you put down your "Weapons of Mass-Destruction" and let's attempt an adult discussion. I'll begin by saying, I LOVE YOU MAN., now let's get on with it!., You ask for relevance in my question., well let me attempt to explain. We can all agree the importance of both driver and cyclist safety., follow me now., we can agree that something needs to be done., stay with me...we can agree that it might work..., now will you spray that on your newly restored 78 DB?., Again, we can all see what's s "Good for Us".., but we equally battle with what's "Good"..., simply speaking..., it's a good idea, right?.., now let me spray the shit on your bike.., is that cool with ya?
In closing, "I LOVE EVERYONE".

We're talking about this as a safety issue, not whether or not I or anyone else would spray it on a 78 DB. This is a general idea of using this paint for those that ride at night especially in high traffic etc. Understand the topic now??

#24 2015-04-10 3:24pm

Hamell

4130_stoner wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

stupid idea.

You still run the risk of being "doored" or "right hooked" while riding in the safety of the bike lane.
You also seem to be under the impression that bike lanes are prevalent in all areas and municipalities.

#25 2015-04-10 4:10pm

Raven
ModeratorRetired Action Man
Website

I like it ...............Great idea http://s6.postimg.org/xhzpvw5i5/shades.gif

This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"     [img]https://s6.postimg.org/x4i8kdssx/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]    "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

Board footer

View Cart →