You are not logged in.

New BMX Game ?  RSS Feed

#1 2014-04-01 8:57am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

New BMX Game ?

Have you seen about this bmx game, which supposedly be released in this summer?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10153863_841543635872899_1128735496_n.png

Offline

 

#2 2014-04-01 9:00am

mtbwrxwagon
AdminHello Kitty Moderator
From: Tennessee
Registered: 2010-05-25
Posts: 10360
Bikes: 20

Re: New BMX Game ?

it is kinda strange that you joined today and this is your 1st post. Hmmm… and on April 1st. hmm


[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/573/21597585772_f5a61f9b9c_z.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site RulesGuide For New MembersBecome a Pro MemberFor Sale Section RulesHow to post picts

Offline

 

#3 2014-04-01 9:04am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberOriginal Gaylord
From: Here
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 26277
Bikes: 46
Website

Re: New BMX Game ?

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/kurt_rad/Spam.jpg


I refuse to hide behind an avatar or a username.
Follow me on instagram @kurt.rad.always

Wanted:
95-97 Mongoose DMC
Red Primo Tenderizers

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

Offline

 

#4 2014-04-01 9:22am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

It's actually not a joke nor a spawm. I'm making this game with 2 guys helping me. From a bmx forum i would expect a lil more support. Maiby some people are more interested in the game than jokin around. All good.

Offline

 

#5 2014-04-01 9:25am

mtbwrxwagon
AdminHello Kitty Moderator
From: Tennessee
Registered: 2010-05-25
Posts: 10360
Bikes: 20

Re: New BMX Game ?

Well based on your great typing skills, how are we supposedly going to see something that hasn't been released yet. All good.


[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/573/21597585772_f5a61f9b9c_z.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site RulesGuide For New MembersBecome a Pro MemberFor Sale Section RulesHow to post picts

Offline

 

#6 2014-04-01 9:33am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

Usually people open their eyes to see visual info. wink
So here you go mate:


Offline

 

#7 2014-04-01 9:37am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberOriginal Gaylord
From: Here
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 26277
Bikes: 46
Website

Re: New BMX Game ?

vossy wrote:

From a bmx forum i would expect a lil more support. Maiby some people are more interested in the game than jokin around.

Sorry, when new people show up out of nowhere with a post like this it can come off as fishy or spammy.

Maybe an intro would make you seem more legit. I don't know, something like...

"Hey all you old school BMXers, my name is _________. I am new to this site, but am a big fan of BMX and would like to get to know things around here. Me and a few friends are working on developing an new BMX video game and thought it would be cool to share it here. It's not ready yet but we are shooting for a summer release in 2014. Until then here are a couple of teasers. I will keep you posted on the progress and in the meantime please feel free to ask any questions. I will do my best to answer them."

You have to know your audience and communicate to them in a manner that will grab their interest. If you are looking to market a product it appears that you might be lacking a bit in the people skills/communication department and it may be beneficial to seek some assistance in that field. Right now it seems that you are just using this site and the members as a shameless attempt at a plug for your product. All good.

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2014-04-01 9:42am)


I refuse to hide behind an avatar or a username.
Follow me on instagram @kurt.rad.always

Wanted:
95-97 Mongoose DMC
Red Primo Tenderizers

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

Offline

 

#8 2014-04-01 9:41am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberOriginal Gaylord
From: Here
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 26277
Bikes: 46
Website

Re: New BMX Game ?

Also, in your first post you ask us about the game like you know little of it, then you later divulge that it is a game that you are working on. WTF? All good.


I refuse to hide behind an avatar or a username.
Follow me on instagram @kurt.rad.always

Wanted:
95-97 Mongoose DMC
Red Primo Tenderizers

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

Offline

 

#9 2014-04-01 9:41am

its-all-good
AdminDon't Cheers Me Bro
From: Portland Oregon
Registered: 2007-02-14
Posts: 26827
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 340
Website

Re: New BMX Game ?

Noobs


#BoycottNFL

Offline

 

#10 2014-04-01 9:42am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

I agree with you Kurt. I'm developing this game and tryn to promote at the same time, which is really time consuming. But i'm gonna use the introduction written by you wink
If anyone would like to help me on the marketing side or 3d modelling, you can let me know. I just humanly cant do everything by myself. Yeah all good.

Offline

 

#11 2014-04-01 9:42am

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!
From: South Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2011-08-06
Posts: 3469
Bikes: 13

Re: New BMX Game ?

My post from another thread.. sad But this looks like an entirely different game here.

Cancelled due to lack of funding. Had very high hopes for it.  Still very surprised EA never transitioned over their Skate engine to something like this. Maybe one day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3f_D6ST9duI

I don't know how to embed Youtube videos, so if someone wants to, that would be cool.

Last edited by FRESH (2014-04-01 9:43am)

Offline

 

#12 2014-04-01 9:42am

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO
From: Oakland, ca
Registered: 2013-05-25
Posts: 2124
Bikes: 2

Re: New BMX Game ?

as a former game programmer i can say that this game (based on that posted video), is FAR from being done by this summer....just sayin, the physics are godawful on engine


riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

Offline

 

#13 2014-04-01 9:42am

blueep3piece
Pro Memberno forks given
Registered: 2012-06-26
Posts: 1945
Bikes: 5

Re: New BMX Game ?

maiby I'd buy that game


current school > your school

Offline

 

#14 2014-04-01 9:42am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberOriginal Gaylord
From: Here
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 26277
Bikes: 46
Website

Re: New BMX Game ?

vossy wrote:

I agree with you Kurt. I'm developing this game and tryn to promote at the same time, which is really time consuming. But i'm gonna use the introduction written by you wink
If anyone would like to help me on the marketing side or 3d modelling, you can let me know. I just humanly cant do everything by myself. Yeah all good.

That sounds way better wink GLWS

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2014-04-01 9:43am)


I refuse to hide behind an avatar or a username.
Follow me on instagram @kurt.rad.always

Wanted:
95-97 Mongoose DMC
Red Primo Tenderizers

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_053859d1cd019a.png[/img]

Offline

 

#15 2014-04-01 9:44am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

It's not canceled wink
There will be a bmx game as good as EA Skate 3 was.

Offline

 

#16 2014-04-01 9:58am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

It seems there is no edit button...but i would like to add that a lot of the physics have been re-made, since those videos. Also the Skatepark does not represent the final game, it's just for testing. Gonna use some skatepark elements from the Simpel Session 14 and woodward park, also street spots. There will be a new video soon, showing the improved features.

Offline

 

#17 2014-04-01 10:01am

billyhandyjunior
Pro MemberEvery day is a gift!
From: Freeport, NY
Registered: 2013-11-30
Posts: 7921
Bikes: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

Looks very cool!!!!!

A word to the wise though, it's always best to come clean right off the bat as a new member.

As new member, take a moment to say "Hey, I'm so and so and my friends and I are developing this awesome BMX game, here are some clips, take a look and enjoy". This will save you the unwarranted situation where you may be the at center of derision, ridicule, contempt, sneers and sarcasm from some members.

This is a great forum with a bunch of great members. Welcome aboard!!!!!

What platform are you designing the game for? I looks cool. The last clip looks like a clone of one of our members 'crash test dumby'......wink

Regards,
Billy Handy Jr.


"Change your thoughts and you change your world." - Norman Vincent Peale

Offline

 

#18 2014-04-01 10:03am

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO
From: Oakland, ca
Registered: 2013-05-25
Posts: 2124
Bikes: 2

Re: New BMX Game ?

FRESH wrote:

My post from another thread.. sad

Cancelled due to lack of funding. Had very high hopes for it.  Still very surprised EA never transitioned over their Skate engine to something like this. Maybe one day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3f_D6ST9duI

I don't know how to embed Youtube videos, so if someone wants to, that would be cool.

i remember seeing this, had high hopes for it as well, the engine you guys' used was very fluid!

bummer to hear it was never able to fully get off the ground:(


riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

Offline

 

#19 2014-04-01 10:07am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

billyhandyjunior wrote:

Looks very cool!!!!!

A word to the wise though, it's always best to come clean right off the bat as a new member.

As new member, take a moment to say "Hey, I'm so and so and my friends and I are developing this awesome BMX game, here are some clips, take a look and enjoy". This will save you the unwarranted situation where you may be the at center of derision, ridicule, contempt, sneers and sarcasm from some members.

This is a great forum with a bunch of great members. Welcome aboard!!!!!

What platform are you designing the game for? I looks cool. The last clip looks like a clone of one of our members 'crash test dumby'......wink

Regards,
Billy Handy Jr.

Yes, thank you for support!
Actually i was banned from one forum, because i introduced this as my game. Banned for "self-promotion".
Currently designing for PC(Win, MAC, Linux). Unity3d engine will take care of different platforms. Console licences are expensive and would need funding for that...so currently only PC.
Yeah the dummy is taken from the internetz for testing, so it might be same one. New player model just got finished by one of my buddies.

Offline

 

#20 2014-04-01 10:12am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

4130_stoner wrote:

FRESH wrote:

My post from another thread.. sad

Cancelled due to lack of funding. Had very high hopes for it.  Still very surprised EA never transitioned over their Skate engine to something like this. Maybe one day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3f_D6ST9duI

I don't know how to embed Youtube videos, so if someone wants to, that would be cool.

i remember seeing this, had high hopes for it as well, the engine you guys' used was very fluid!

bummer to hear it was never able to fully get off the ground:(

Those guys used the same engine i use ( Unity3D ). They didn't get  funding, but still developing, i will join them maiby. wink

Offline

 

#21 2014-04-01 10:21am

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO
From: Oakland, ca
Registered: 2013-05-25
Posts: 2124
Bikes: 2

Re: New BMX Game ?

vossy wrote:

It seems there is no edit button...but i would like to add that a lot of the physics have been re-made, since those videos. Also the Skatepark does not represent the final game, it's just for testing. Gonna use some skatepark elements from the Simpel Session 14 and woodward park, also street spots. There will be a new video soon, showing the improved features.

the edit button is apart of the pro membership super cool club winklol

but yea, dont mind me, im an seathole that is a bitter former employee, in an industry that nobody else seems to care enough about to get this kind of project off the ground! lollol

welcome to the site and the community bud, this is prettiest much the coolest place for all things bmx related! cool


riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

Offline

 

#22 2014-04-01 10:21am

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
From: North Of Reality
Registered: 2007-09-23
Posts: 6927
Bikes: 16

Re: New BMX Game ?

vossy wrote:

It's not canceled wink
There will be a bmx game as good as EA Skate 3 was.

good luck with that!  I have all 3 skate games.  your's doesn't look close to skate 3?  why don't you just take your idea to electronic arts?


My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

Offline

 

#23 2014-04-01 10:26am

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO
From: Oakland, ca
Registered: 2013-05-25
Posts: 2124
Bikes: 2

Re: New BMX Game ?

xtremevert wrote:

vossy wrote:

It's not canceled wink
There will be a bmx game as good as EA Skate 3 was.

good luck with that!  I have all 3 skate games.  your's doesn't look close to skate 3?  why don't you just take your idea to electronic arts?

not recommended.....as someone that put almost 2 years of their life into that very company, i can say without a doubt they'd try and screw you over for the rights and profits of the game lol


riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

Offline

 

#24 2014-04-01 10:30am

vossy
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-01
Posts: 14

Re: New BMX Game ?

There is not such market for a bmx game, so don't ever hope of a big company like EA or Eletronic arts making this kind of game. They are all about money and the market.
Independent game makers are best bet for a bmx game. I will make or "Bmx The game" guys will bring it one day anyways. I have developed this in less than 3 months, so it doesnt look as good as Skate games, but it doesnt mean some day it will. Unity engine graphics can manage even better visuals. It's just takes time...

Offline

 

#25 2014-04-01 10:32am

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!
From: South Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2011-08-06
Posts: 3469
Bikes: 13

Re: New BMX Game ?

All I can say, corporate sponsors, create a park/dirt trails, real world spots/contests, movable objects, detailed custom bikes "a-la bike shop", custom characters, realistic gameplay. No Tony Hawk BS!! tongue The list can go on and on, but that's the tops on mine. If it doesn't have replay ability, just stop now.

If it's made for next gen systems, you have a hold on the market for BMX games.. I'd get ahold of Rob Dyrdek.. He's got the connections and is quite business savvy IMO.

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →