2001 Free Agent Speedway  RSS Feed

#1 2006-12-10 11:55am

toptimee
Bikes: 4

2001 Free Agent Speedway

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_01.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_03.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_02.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_cromo01.jpg

2001 Free Agent Speedway

This is a 2001 Speedway I pic'd up last year for a decent price on ebay...I'm plannin' to set it up for dirt-vert & trail ridin'...She's gonna take a side-seat to my '03 GT KarkassProject but I still hope to hav'er ready to roll by spring/summer '07 but I'm on a tight bike-buildin' budget so it's crossed fingers at this point...I should have some new progress pics to post by late jan early feb so be sure to check back...C-y'all later.

BTW: Jus'tried to post this Chrome FreeAgent F&F I have under Name the Frame for any clues of Year & Model but I couldn't figure out how to post the pic???!!!
So I guess I'll post here....So du'z anyone here know the year/model???
I noticed it has rear brake cable stay for centerpulls & small tri-plates for gusset support...I was told by the seller that it was a Speedway but it kinda looks like an Expert?!...But I Dunno.
2nd BTW: Anyone know if these frames are 1" or 1 & 1/8" headset???

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

#2 2006-12-24 9:25am

john516
Bikes: 3

Re: 2001 Free Agent Speedway

man nice but i got my first bmx bike in 2001 which was a diamondback ignitor fw and the bikes have changed a little bit over the past 5 years im already feeling old and im only 15

#3 2007-01-02 7:46am

toptimee

I heard that!...Heck I'm jus' gettin' back into it full steam at 36 & man I feel like I've come home to find that somebody went & shut out all the lights & moved all the funiture around!LOL...I will admit though, I can see why alotta the design changes had to happen. When I was your age we were runnin' our necks & seatposts to high whereas today the pros are keepin' everything as compact as they can so they have more room to move around w/out gettin' tangled up in the bike....Unlike most of the guys I rode'round with in the 80's who were drawn to the 30+lbs Freestyle scoots I was definatly onto the idea of the lighter-weight bike concepts way before most locals...It's simple math. A light bike = bigger & better air. Especially if your under 175lbs or so.

I will say one thing advise-wise john516...At 15 your still young enough to make the right decision & keep ridin'!!! I screwed up & sold my scoot & stopped ridin' for about 10yrs & it's probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made. My health went down the tubes & I was constantly bummed out for no reason & as soon as knew I was going to be shreddin' again everything felt as if it just snapped back to normal. It was as if God himself were givin' me spiritual props for rightin' a wrong that I'd so foolishly made so long ago!...Dude,at 15 with all the instructional DVDs & such,all you gotta do is work hard everyday & give it some strong willed heart & buy the time your 20 or so you'll have good chances of goin' pro if that's what ya want!...I subscribe to RideBMX Mag & every issue There's somebody new gettin' signed up & paid well to do what they love....SHRED!!!

Good Luck & Roll On 'Lil Bro!! Peace!

Last edited by toptimee (2007-01-02 7:56am)

#4 2007-01-02 8:05am

lovethegoose
Bmx Man Reunited
Bikes: 2
Website

when i was fifteen that was around when bikes took a bad turn towards crap, but then some of the newer companies were coming out. i think thats what got me away from it. i missed the old school, i am so glad to see it coming back so strong. i only wish i had the knowledge then, that i posess now. at fifteen noone i knew rode bmx, everyone either skateboarded or had a license. it was only a matter of time until i found an outlet, and this place was it, and in the coming months, the opening of the local track.

when i see a mongoose at walmart, i try and picture the metal being used to make something more useful, like a frying pan, or maybe some clothes hangers...oh well...its out of my hands.

my bikes are tri-moly. that means i have 3 times more chromo than you..haha

#5 2007-01-02 10:38am

lord_athlon
Centurion Member

Didnt some other guy used to have this bike? I love free agents. The way the late 90's frames were built is perfect.

Elfanatic.

#6 2007-01-04 11:28pm

toptimee

Yeah Lord_Athalon that was me that owned it then too but I accidently deleted the old post when I was screwin'round rearrangin' my pics!LOL...I had the chrome F.A. F/F pic'd with this yella one...You said you might be into buyin'it if I were to put her up fer sale...That may actually happen still but I'm not too sure jus'yet...I'll eventually post the chomo F.A. for show & tell or give ya holler on it sooner than later if your still interested.

#7 2010-02-20 6:36pm

lboorse2
Museum Addict

Just a heads up -- that looks like a 98.  What's the serial?

#8 2010-02-20 6:37pm

lboorse2
Museum Addict

Talkin' about the yellow one.

#9 2010-05-04 8:12am

shorty976
Centurion Member
Bikes: 22

That chrome frame and fork look like my freeagent 1999 enforcer. The head tube is 1" and alum frame.

Board footer