You are not logged in.

2001 Free Agent Speedway  RSS Feed

#1 2006-12-10 11:55am

toptimee
Bikes: 4

2001 Free Agent Speedway

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_01.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_03.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_02.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/freeagent_cromo01.jpg

2001 Free Agent Speedway

This is a 2001 Speedway I pic'd up last year for a decent price on ebay...I'm plannin' to set it up for dirt-vert & trail ridin'...She's gonna take a side-seat to my '03 GT KarkassProject but I still hope to hav'er ready to roll by spring/summer '07 but I'm on a tight bike-buildin' budget so it's crossed fingers at this point...I should have some new progress pics to post by late jan early feb so be sure to check back...C-y'all later.

BTW: Jus'tried to post this Chrome FreeAgent F&F I have under Name the Frame for any clues of Year & Model but I couldn't figure out how to post the pic???!!!
So I guess I'll post here....So du'z anyone here know the year/model???
I noticed it has rear brake cable stay for centerpulls & small tri-plates for gusset support...I was told by the seller that it was a Speedway but it kinda looks like an Expert?!...But I Dunno.
2nd BTW: Anyone know if these frames are 1" or 1 & 1/8" headset???

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

#2 2006-12-24 9:25am

john516
Bikes: 3

Re: 2001 Free Agent Speedway

man nice but i got my first bmx bike in 2001 which was a diamondback ignitor fw and the bikes have changed a little bit over the past 5 years im already feeling old and im only 15

#3 2007-01-02 7:46am

toptimee

I heard that!...Heck I'm jus' gettin' back into it full steam at 36 & man I feel like I've come home to find that somebody went & shut out all the lights & moved all the funiture around!LOL...I will admit though, I can see why alotta the design changes had to happen. When I was your age we were runnin' our necks & seatposts to high whereas today the pros are keepin' everything as compact as they can so they have more room to move around w/out gettin' tangled up in the bike....Unlike most of the guys I rode'round with in the 80's who were drawn to the 30+lbs Freestyle scoots I was definatly onto the idea of the lighter-weight bike concepts way before most locals...It's simple math. A light bike = bigger & better air. Especially if your under 175lbs or so.

I will say one thing advise-wise john516...At 15 your still young enough to make the right decision & keep ridin'!!! I screwed up & sold my scoot & stopped ridin' for about 10yrs & it's probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made. My health went down the tubes & I was constantly bummed out for no reason & as soon as knew I was going to be shreddin' again everything felt as if it just snapped back to normal. It was as if God himself were givin' me spiritual props for rightin' a wrong that I'd so foolishly made so long ago!...Dude,at 15 with all the instructional DVDs & such,all you gotta do is work hard everyday & give it some strong willed heart & buy the time your 20 or so you'll have good chances of goin' pro if that's what ya want!...I subscribe to RideBMX Mag & every issue There's somebody new gettin' signed up & paid well to do what they love....SHRED!!!

Good Luck & Roll On 'Lil Bro!! Peace!

Last edited by toptimee (2007-01-02 7:56am)

#4 2007-01-02 8:05am

lovethegoose
Bmx Man Reunited
Bikes: 1
Website

when i was fifteen that was around when bikes took a bad turn towards crap, but then some of the newer companies were coming out. i think thats what got me away from it. i missed the old school, i am so glad to see it coming back so strong. i only wish i had the knowledge then, that i posess now. at fifteen noone i knew rode bmx, everyone either skateboarded or had a license. it was only a matter of time until i found an outlet, and this place was it, and in the coming months, the opening of the local track.

when i see a mongoose at walmart, i try and picture the metal being used to make something more useful, like a frying pan, or maybe some clothes hangers...oh well...its out of my hands.

my bikes are tri-moly. that means i have 3 times more chromo than you..haha

#5 2007-01-02 10:38am

lord_athlon
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 3

Didnt some other guy used to have this bike? I love free agents. The way the late 90's frames were built is perfect.

Used to be into Old school race bikes, now im only into Mid school Haros for the most part.

#6 2007-01-04 11:28pm

toptimee

Yeah Lord_Athalon that was me that owned it then too but I accidently deleted the old post when I was screwin'round rearrangin' my pics!LOL...I had the chrome F.A. F/F pic'd with this yella one...You said you might be into buyin'it if I were to put her up fer sale...That may actually happen still but I'm not too sure jus'yet...I'll eventually post the chomo F.A. for show & tell or give ya holler on it sooner than later if your still interested.

#7 2010-02-20 6:36pm

lboorse2
Museum Addict

Just a heads up -- that looks like a 98.  What's the serial?

#8 2010-02-20 6:37pm

lboorse2
Museum Addict

Talkin' about the yellow one.

#9 2010-05-04 8:12am

shorty976
Centurion Member
Bikes: 22

That chrome frame and fork look like my freeagent 1999 enforcer. The head tube is 1" and alum frame.

Board footer

View Cart →