DC Shoes Ends BMX program  RSS Feed

#1 2013-02-24 12:04am

Huryupanbuy
Pro MemberMuseum Newbie
From: Folsom Prison
Registered: 2010-11-20
Posts: 2770
Bikes: 5
For Sale
Website

DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Just saw this today. I'm have worn their stuff for years, but this personally is going to make me think twice about buying their crap. I like to support companies that put back into our sport.

Here's a link to a lil something I read earlier.

http://www.bmxunion.com/blog/blog/dc-sh … x-program/

What are your guys' thought's on this?


Pop tubes, not caps

Would you like a Fat Tire, Big Sprocket, or Short Rear End. Pick two.

Sacramento events thread  http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=551945

Offline

 

#2 2013-02-24 12:16am

La Dolce
Expert
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 554
Bikes: 1

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

That guy said it well enough.  Or the owner needed that extra money saved to go into his personal hobbies.

http://youtu.be/LuDN2bCIyus

How much does it cost these days to rent out an entire city!

Offline

 

#3 2013-02-24 12:47am

cru jones 2
Pro Member"da Holmes"
From: California
Registered: 2005-07-01
Posts: 1321
Bikes: 11
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

always been a vans man personally.


whips*chains*chromoly frames

I put the "x!" in bmx!

[img]http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss283/orjr101/bw-sanD-faction.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#4 2013-02-24 3:04am

snooze
Expert
From: London, UK
Registered: 2008-06-06
Posts: 531
Bikes: 2

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

it does seem that although BMX is extremely popular the popularity of skateboarding seems to outweigh BMX by far. i recently did two screenprints, one of a girl on a skateboard and one of a girl on a BMX . the skateboard image got interest but the BMX image was largely ignored. it seems lot of non skaters appreciate skateboards and support it,the same can't be said for BMX


Snooze * Wake up * Get busy

Offline

 

#5 2013-02-24 4:46am

Jerry A Hutcher
BMXer 4 Life
From: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Registered: 2009-03-02
Posts: 4421

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Ha fuk DC they just jumped on the band wagon trying to make a buck off the industry!They didnt produce chit..they contracted to put their name on existing products....Fuc dem beat them down untill they beg for mfn mercy,then beat em with a closet stick!

Offline

 

#6 2013-02-24 10:23am

Huryupanbuy
Pro MemberMuseum Newbie
From: Folsom Prison
Registered: 2010-11-20
Posts: 2770
Bikes: 5
For Sale
Website

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Sounds like they expected riders to sell shoes...They're just supposed to advertise them IMO.


Pop tubes, not caps

Would you like a Fat Tire, Big Sprocket, or Short Rear End. Pick two.

Sacramento events thread  http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=551945

Offline

 

#7 2013-02-24 10:36am

olskoolbmxfreek
Pro Member
Registered: 2013-02-24
Posts: 1100
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Never really wore there chit...I prefer skate shoes like emerica or nike sb...just my opinion...

Offline

 

#8 2013-02-24 2:11pm

Mr. Fit
Pro Memberformerly known as "sh1tfit"
From: southeastern, VA
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 1252
Bikes: 2
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

DC is still around?
I have not seen a pair since 2002 or so.


Steel is Real!

Offline

 

#9 2013-02-24 2:18pm

FatGuy
Pro MemberNot Big Boned
From: Woodstock, GA
Registered: 2009-03-27
Posts: 1966
Bikes: 1
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Meh, they aren't great shoes anyway - especially for riding.


Looking for a late Basic Small Town Hick frame!

Offline

 

#10 2013-02-24 2:38pm

BossHogg80
Pro MemberReese's Peanut Butter Cup Aficionado
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-12-14
Posts: 2592
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

La Dolce wrote:

That guy said it well enough.  Or the owner needed that extra money saved to go into his personal hobbies.

http://youtu.be/LuDN2bCIyus

How much does it cost these days to rent out an entire city!

Bet the amount of cash it cost them for the permits to shut down the Bay Bridge and all those roads in the Financial District, would've kept the BMX team rollin for a couple years. The company I used to work for had to pay $500,000 to shut down the level of the Bay Bridge going into the City, from 4:00am to 5:30am, to bring large equipment across. Just some food for thought.


WANTED=***Badd 24" f/f**White Bear 24" or 20" f/f*****Need GT Elite(He-Man) pro cages!!!

dun dun...............dun dun...............dun dun.......dun dun...dun dun dun dun dun....GOOOOOO SAN JOSE SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

Online

 

#11 2013-02-24 4:00pm

jumpin jim
Pro Member
From: Shelby Twp, MI
Registered: 2009-01-27
Posts: 3640
Bikes: 4
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

I have a pair and they blow for riding. No wonder they dropped the program. They are nice for kicking around in.


No Dib Squibs!

Offline

 

#12 2013-02-24 4:12pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
From: Spencer, NC/Amherst, OH
Registered: 2009-04-05
Posts: 3184
Bikes: 9
Website

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Another example of the Surf industry trying to kill off all other action sports. The decision came from Quicksilver, in order to funnel more cash into the board sports. Nike is in the same boat, only pushing surf, skate, and snowboard programs. Competitive surfing sucks to watch and is inaccessible to 99% of Americans yet they hold sway over the corporate world as far as which sports get funding.


"If you're gonna eat shit, don't nibble on it."

Offline

 

#13 2013-02-24 4:20pm

Roy Munson
Pro Memberg'd up from the feet up.
From: Hate One Three
Registered: 2011-01-23
Posts: 9505
Bikes: 5
For Sale
Website

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Good. frank Rob Dyrdek


Tribute Bikes

Offline

 

#14 2013-02-24 4:30pm

Huryupanbuy
Pro MemberMuseum Newbie
From: Folsom Prison
Registered: 2010-11-20
Posts: 2770
Bikes: 5
For Sale
Website

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Another good question is should/are they going to drop Brett's rehab bill?


Pop tubes, not caps

Would you like a Fat Tire, Big Sprocket, or Short Rear End. Pick two.

Sacramento events thread  http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=551945

Offline

 

#15 2013-02-24 4:32pm

Huryupanbuy
Pro MemberMuseum Newbie
From: Folsom Prison
Registered: 2010-11-20
Posts: 2770
Bikes: 5
For Sale
Website

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

By the way. I wear vans for riding. Dc's just took look nice. I agree they suck to ride in.


Pop tubes, not caps

Would you like a Fat Tire, Big Sprocket, or Short Rear End. Pick two.

Sacramento events thread  http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=551945

Offline

 

#16 2013-02-24 7:18pm

popawoolie
Intermediate
From: Cincinnati, OH
Registered: 2009-06-13
Posts: 403
Bikes: 3

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

JTinNC wrote:

Another example of the Surf industry trying to kill off all other action sports. The decision came from Quicksilver, in order to funnel more cash into the board sports. Nike is in the same boat, only pushing surf, skate, and snowboard programs. Competitive surfing sucks to watch and is inaccessible to 99% of Americans yet they hold sway over the corporate world as far as which sports get funding.

board sports =lifestyle = more $$$$

bmx =hobby = no money really.

sucks but its the way it works, how many people take a bmx vacation? tons of people take snow or surf trips, enough that there is an industry around it. Bmx needs to learn from skateboarding.

Offline

 

#17 2013-02-24 7:36pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
From: Spencer, NC/Amherst, OH
Registered: 2009-04-05
Posts: 3184
Bikes: 9
Website

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

popawoolie wrote:

JTinNC wrote:

Another example of the Surf industry trying to kill off all other action sports. The decision came from Quicksilver, in order to funnel more cash into the board sports. Nike is in the same boat, only pushing surf, skate, and snowboard programs. Competitive surfing sucks to watch and is inaccessible to 99% of Americans yet they hold sway over the corporate world as far as which sports get funding.

board sports =lifestyle = more $$$$

bmx =hobby = no money really.

sucks but its the way it works, how many people take a bmx vacation? tons of people take snow or surf trips, enough that there is an industry around it. Bmx needs to learn from skateboarding.

You're right about the lifestyle part. The sad part is, bicycles can be ridden nearly every day regardless of location. The high end of the cycling industry has figured out how to sell a lifestyle and people have no problem shelling out thousands to participate. Thirty years ago every child had a bike and used it for transportation and recreation, look out your window today and its hard to find any children riding the streets.


"If you're gonna eat shit, don't nibble on it."

Offline

 

#18 2013-02-24 7:43pm

ProThunder4
Pro Member
From: Alexandria, VA
Registered: 2011-09-22
Posts: 1263
Bikes: 9
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Sorry to see the money leave the sport, but I never cared for DC stuff anyway.

My favorite shoes for riding and racing are a pair of Herman Munster looking Thorogood Code 3s that I got from a supply company for Post Office workers.  They grip all my flats like glue, the soles are stiffer than Vans, and they fit great.  Plus, they're U.S. made.  I doubt anybody under 35 would ever wear a pair, but I wouldn't mind representing Thorogood as a factory rider.  Hey, the Postal Service itself sponsored Lance & co. on the road for several years.


Marshall W. "Major" Taylor, one of America's greatest bicycle racers, on succeeding in sport and life: Don't try to "gyp." Don't be a pie biter. Don't keep late hours. Don't use intoxicants. Don't be a big bluffer. Don't eat cheap candies. Don't get a swelled head. Don't use tobacco in any form. Don't fail to live a clean life. Don't forget to play the game fair. Don't take an unfair advantage of an opponent. Don't forget the practice of good sportsmanship.

Offline

 

#19 2013-02-25 12:04am

nintendoninja
"GT JUGGALO"
From: North Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2009-04-17
Posts: 4261
Bikes: 9

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Ken Block probably needs more money to dump into his shltty rally racecar "career" roll
Lame situation, but I still love their shoes. tongue

Offline

 

#20 2013-02-25 10:28am

justkaelin
Intermediate
From: La Puente, CA
Registered: 2009-07-08
Posts: 354
Bikes: 9

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

i will never forgive DC Shoes for this.

Offline

 

#21 2013-02-25 11:30am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
From: New Mexico
Registered: 2008-03-06
Posts: 1739
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

I tried to find DC specific BMX shoes, and they were hard to find. So I ended up with DC skate shoes, which sucked.

So I wear 5-10 shoes, which are great.

I make an effort to support the industry, but I will not wear bad shoes.


I like new school, it's all I ride.
I love to look at all BMX bikes, I just love the sport.

Offline

 

#22 2013-02-25 11:38am

BMX*Racer*1983
Pro Member
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2008-09-13
Posts: 8678
Bikes: 31
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Thanks to technology cell phones video games etc....Bmx is becoming a thing of the past quick most shops around here don't even carry Bmx anymore. sad


[img]http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/buddysam1/new/sig2-1.jpg[/img]

-----If I Owe You Feedback LMK Please----- 

---R.I.P DAD I LOVE YOU 11/26/40 - 12/12/13--- It is what it is CUZ!!!

Online

 

#23 2013-02-25 11:51am

brewharriah
Pro Memberlive in sin for the win!!!
From: Vantucky, Washington USA
Registered: 2010-11-02
Posts: 2852
Bikes: 22
For Sale

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

Roy Munson wrote:

Good. frank Rob Dyrdek

exactly...


"I don't care about your feelings. Pain and torment's what you'll get!!!"

Offline

 

#24 2013-02-25 12:00pm

RDB
BMXer 4 Life
From: Decatur, IL
Registered: 2008-06-19
Posts: 5188
Bikes: 1

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

I must be old school...because I rock these while riding cool


https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaOMY5lxfGt0ZEd9eyguw29k0q51tlVqOjNqgRu8DPEcqPG8bvSA

Offline

 

#25 2013-02-25 1:33pm

RACEIT
Expert
From: Prairieville, LA
Registered: 2007-04-24
Posts: 949

Re: DC Shoes Ends BMX program

JTinNC wrote:

popawoolie wrote:

JTinNC wrote:

Another example of the Surf industry trying to kill off all other action sports. The decision came from Quicksilver, in order to funnel more cash into the board sports. Nike is in the same boat, only pushing surf, skate, and snowboard programs. Competitive surfing sucks to watch and is inaccessible to 99% of Americans yet they hold sway over the corporate world as far as which sports get funding.

board sports =lifestyle = more $$$$

bmx =hobby = no money really.

sucks but its the way it works, how many people take a bmx vacation? tons of people take snow or surf trips, enough that there is an industry around it. Bmx needs to learn from skateboarding.

You're right about the lifestyle part. The sad part is, bicycles can be ridden nearly every day regardless of location. The high end of the cycling industry has figured out how to sell a lifestyle and people have no problem shelling out thousands to participate. Thirty years ago every child had a bike and used it for transportation and recreation, look out your window today and its hard to find any children riding the streets.

The streets are no longer safe to allow our kids to go out on alone...


RIP Autumn Pasquale

Offline

 

Board footer