You are not logged in.

1984 Hutch Pro Raider  RSS Feed

#1 2013-02-20 9:13pm

LaughnJar
Pro MemberMuseum Lawyer
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 2

1984 Hutch Pro Raider

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc_0060_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc_0093_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc_0062_copy1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc_0101_copy1.jpg

1984 Hutch Pro Raider

Vintage Hutch F/F, Beartraps, Sprocket/Chainring, Seatclamp donut, SR plain stem. GT Bars. New RL Flights.

As as kid, my parents didn't get it about Hutch (but check out my Predator, owned since 1985)!  And NOW my folks get it!!! So, this is a "I always wanted a Hutch asas kid" project bike I started probably five years ago, the result of happening on a good deal on a Pro Raider in really good condition that had a tiawanese welder who knew his art.   Don't be cliche and down it b/c it's not a Racer or Star, because the frame and forks are rock solid. Came with original black Hutch embossed spider and sugino chaniring, (though I personally will be replacing them with a chromo unpainted powerdisc), and post donut.  Also has near perfect GT Bars, Odyssey Brakes and chrome Araya Super 7x rims with Crupi sealed bearing hubs.  The first item addressed were pedals which are now entirely vingage Beartraps.  Just added RL Flights (new dual pinch, still kill the 1pc Hutch chromos, even the old aerospeeds).  Just got in NOS Cheng Shin Gum Walls today, and have powerdisc coming in mail.  Trying to decide on a replacement for the Mongoose seat-just bugs the crap outta me.  Then I might try an snipe some Hutch pro bars, trade existing Araya Supers for regulars or something else, maybe change the brakes.  It's been a fun time and my son is four starting to dig working on the bike with me.  I'll have his bike an old school Gregg Hill Products 16" 4130 chromo-from a former biz partner of Greg (will be up too).  Bought for his bday, what a dad!  I've got 30 year old shin scars to prove I am no newbie, finally got my Hutch, but was NEVER beaten by one back in the day.  If my son races, he'll learn that with any well built quality bike, it's the rider and not the ride that ultimately wins the race!  I just LOVE having a Hutch to look at, it hangs on the wall next to my big oak desk.  I can take it down and out for a spin whenever I wish.  Good times!

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

"Stop the car, I'm gettin' out.  I can't take it.  Hey look out there's somebody coming
And there's nothin' you can do about it.  The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery, and he...He walked on down the hallway, baby"

#2 2013-02-21 8:00am

ReddyZ06
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4

Re: 1984 Hutch Pro Raider

Nice read! Great looking Hutch and well optioned. Looks like you'll have lots of fun with it.

Mike

#3 2013-02-21 5:31pm

dartg0dtoo
Bikes: 1

I still have my PRO raider, I bought brand new, it is in pieces, and has some rust, but I would like to restore it as well, it was the white powder coated one, with the chrome and black accents, let me know when you want to get rid of the chainring.  I might be interested.  Awesome job!!!

#4 2013-02-21 5:35pm

dartg0dtoo
Bikes: 1

ooops spider as well...

#5 2013-06-12 11:41am

heyslugger
Pro MemberThe Loose Rooster
Bikes: 97

This thing is Chrome-mazing! I just sold my Hutch. I am feeling triple chrome-deficient already.sad

#6 2013-06-12 12:17pm

LaughnJar
Pro MemberMuseum Lawyer
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 2

Rhx for the props you guys!  And slugger you should see the upgrades that have happened I now have the pre serial number Hutch in addition so I'm double chromed up!!!  same vintage as the 401s they should feel right at home on that ride!  cool

"Stop the car, I'm gettin' out.  I can't take it.  Hey look out there's somebody coming
And there's nothin' you can do about it.  The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery, and he...He walked on down the hallway, baby"

#7 2014-03-13 4:32pm

falloutbmx
Pro MemberSCHIZOPHRENIC PYROMANIAC FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT!
Bikes: 25
Website

i like this one its a good clean build with great looking parts.

WANTED: Blue Tuff II's, a good cruiser project or complete.
Sell me your mics decal lots!
Comment on my bikes I want to hear your feedback and fave my stuffs...

Just another brick in the wall...
Follow me on Instagram @Brayden_Connolly
I have hit my head many times so if I cant remember where I am...wait how did I get here?

#8 2015-11-02 6:27pm

Hutch_Fan_68
Pro Member

Love this! I understand the Hutch thing. My parents told me there's no way they were giving me "that much money" for a bicycle back then. I mowed many, many lawns for a couple years to save enough for my trick star frame and forks. Actually got sick to my stomach the other night when I finally made the decision to sell....I get it! Kudos to you on the bikes and the dedication...and for being a pretty cool dad.

Board footer

View Cart →