New to the site?  RSS Feed

#1 2013-02-19 1:10pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21919
Bikes: 7

New to the site?

Please post in the correct sections. I have been moving a ton of threads lately, by new members mostly, to the correct locations. Also, FYI, there are for sale, want to buy, & trade sections, but you need to buy a membership to participate in some of them. DO NOT ask what your bike is worth, or try to sell it in the catchall section.
Most importantly, READ THE SITE RULES if you want to use the site. They are simple, and easy to follow (for most people).


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#2 2013-02-19 2:47pm

BMX*Racer*1983
Pro Member
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2008-09-13
Posts: 10346
Bikes: 31

Re: New to the site?

Welcome to the museum. big_smile


[img]http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/buddysam1/new/sig2-1.jpg[/img]

-----If I Owe You Feedback Please LMK----- 

---R.I.P DAD I LOVE YOU 11/26/40 - 12/12/13--- It is what it is CUZ!!!

Offline

 

#3 2013-02-19 2:49pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21919
Bikes: 7

Re: New to the site?

Thanks! lol


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#4 2013-02-19 2:52pm

forty_three
Museum Addict
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2010-10-12
Posts: 1043
Bikes: 4

Re: New to the site?

Where do I post pictures of my Trickstar(s)? lol


I thrashed your grail, and I loved every second of it.

Offline

 

#5 2013-02-19 2:58pm

Ikilledit
Pro Member
From: The Sunshine state
Registered: 2011-04-02
Posts: 2311
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 5

Re: New to the site?

I am the owl... wrote:

Please post in the correct sections. I have been moving a ton of threads lately, by new members mostly, to the correct locations. Also, FYI, there are for sale, want to buy, & trade sections, but you need to buy a membership to participate in some of them. DO NOT ask what your bike is worth, or try to sell it in the catchall section.
Most importantly, READ THE SITE RULES if you want to use the site. They are simple, and easy to follow (for most people).

Welcome to the mausoleum....lol


looking for 24"-26" retro Quads


Jokerman could totally beat bRADdlphns in Rock Paper Scissors, but he would get smoked in underwater basket weaving.

Online

 

#6 2013-02-19 2:58pm

jokerman13922
Pro MemberAlways on my MENSTRUAL CYCLE
From: 28T Dirty Detroit
Registered: 2009-08-30
Posts: 11890
Bikes: 26

Re: New to the site?

CAN I COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MAIL ORDER WIFE I JUST GOT THAT FELL OUT OF THE PACKAGE WITH DAMAGED DECALS ON THE DOWN TUBE??? lol


[img]http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/jokerman13922/Detroit-1-1_zpsfe8e20e4.jpg[/img]   AHOLE LIST:----> KING AHOLE BRADDLPHNS, KING MINION TXBONER AND HIS QUEEN MINION BIRD AND LITTLE MINIONS, ICEMAN, PERRONT AND FRESH (AGAIN)! DYNOBMX, MY STEPSON LIL BMXER, NEW MEMBER GTbikesIlikes, robk131313!   except Kurt-rad, and Roy Munson, And itsdug

Offline

 

#7 2013-02-19 3:00pm

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-03-25
Posts: 8040
For Sale: 11

Re: New to the site?

There should be a big yellow blinking link on the homepage titled "New to this site? Click Here"

From there newbies would be able to quickly glance and get a sense of how the site works, with links to other threads, such as Pro Membership, How to Post Pictures, etc.

Maybe have them click on an Agree to Follow Rules button. Have a disagree button too, that would send them over to vintage lol

Last edited by Axel10 (2013-02-19 3:01pm)


Martin Luther - “he who has no beer, has nothing to drink”

P. Trudeau - "Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."

F#ck Chris Kyle & John Amery!

Offline

 

#8 2013-02-19 3:20pm

KoolAidMan
Pro MemberNeomaxizoomdweebie
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2011-05-14
Posts: 3897
Bikes: 4

Re: New to the site?

Axel10 wrote:

There should be a big yellow blinking link on the homepage titled "New to this site? Click Here"

From there newbies would be able to quickly glance and get a sense of how the site works, with links to other threads, such as Pro Membership, How to Post Pictures, etc.

Maybe have them click on an Agree to Follow Rules button. Have a disagree button too, that would send them over to vintage lol

Funny ... smile

I actually think the paragraph above what I bolded is totally valid, FWIW.


The clock struck two, I shot my goo...

Offline

 

#9 2013-02-19 3:23pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21919
Bikes: 7

Re: New to the site?

Axel10 wrote:

Maybe have them click on an Agree to Follow Rules button.

This has been discussed in the admin section already.....


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#10 2013-02-19 3:53pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
From: NJersey
Registered: 2008-01-27
Posts: 9544
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 31

Re: New to the site?

I am the owl... wrote:

Axel10 wrote:

Maybe have them click on an Agree to Follow Rules button.

This has been discussed in the admin section already.....

I pledge allegiance to the BMXMUSEUM........   lol


He who pays first gets the gold....don't be a bawl bag over stickers.

Offline

 

#11 2013-02-19 4:03pm

hermes33
Museum Addict
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: 2008-09-12
Posts: 3060
Bikes: 8

Re: New to the site?

jokerman13922 wrote:

CAN I COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MAIL ORDER WIFE I JUST GOT THAT FELL OUT OF THE PACKAGE WITH DAMAGED DECALS ON THE DOWN TUBE??? lol

lollollollollollollollollollollollollolwink


1984 schwinn predator p2200 1986 haro group 1 rs2 1986 Schwinn Predator Free Form Z
1986 haro sport & 1986 haro master
1987 schwinn predator free form ex
1988 haro sport

Offline

 

#12 2013-02-19 4:11pm

showboat booter
Who is Eddie Fiola?
From: Your moms house.
Registered: 2008-12-31
Posts: 834
Bikes: 5
Website

Re: New to the site?

The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night...Bitches


PM me if you have some Graveyard parts to get rid of.

Offline

 

#13 2013-02-19 4:13pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21919
Bikes: 7

Re: New to the site?

lol ya!


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#14 2013-02-19 4:31pm

Jerry A Hutcher
BMXer 4 Life
From: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Registered: 2009-03-02
Posts: 4570

Re: New to the site?

KoolAidMan wrote:

Axel10 wrote:

There should be a big yellow blinking link on the homepage titled "New to this site? Click Here"

From there newbies would be able to quickly glance and get a sense of how the site works, with links to other threads, such as Pro Membership, How to Post Pictures, etc.

Maybe have them click on an Agree to Follow Rules button. Have a disagree button too, that would send them over to vintage lol

Funny ... smile

I actually think the paragraph above what I bolded is totally valid, FWIW.

Yea and ya can start with #5!

Offline

 

#15 2013-02-19 4:49pm

Ikilledit
Pro Member
From: The Sunshine state
Registered: 2011-04-02
Posts: 2311
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 5

Re: New to the site?

As well as the guy that should be wearing a pirate patch!


looking for 24"-26" retro Quads


Jokerman could totally beat bRADdlphns in Rock Paper Scissors, but he would get smoked in underwater basket weaving.

Online

 

#16 2013-02-19 5:03pm

83dback
Pro MemberLUDE
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2010-09-28
Posts: 2697
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 3

Re: New to the site?

showboat booter wrote:

The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night...Bitches

lol cool

I like the "agree to follow rules" button.


Today is yesterday's tomorrow.

Offline

 

#17 2013-02-19 5:03pm

getset
Museum Addict
From: Middle of America
Registered: 2009-01-30
Posts: 1703
Bikes: 6

Re: New to the site?

I liked the "easy to follow for most people" bit.  lol

Offline

 

#18 2013-02-20 8:40am

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21919
Bikes: 7

Re: New to the site?

morning bump


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#19 2013-02-20 8:52am

JoshuaOldSchool
Intermediate
Registered: 2012-12-05
Posts: 437
Bikes: 3

Re: New to the site?

I am the owl... wrote:

morning bump

yikes... Cool. Maybe in the forum, have a how to on "site navigation"? Or the "newbie" button is cool. Loving the site. Every clip art or pic I try for my avatar is too big?!?


On the lookout for gold Campy cranks...

Offline

 

#20 2013-02-20 9:07am

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21919
Bikes: 7

Re: New to the site?

JoshuaOldSchool wrote:

I am the owl... wrote:

morning bump

yikes... Cool. Maybe in the forum, have a how to on "site navigation"? Or the "newbie" button is cool. Loving the site. Every clip art or pic I try for my avatar is too big?!?

Its easiest for most to upload the avatar to photobucket, and size it there. If you dont know how to do that, hit me up, and i'll send my email, and you can send it to me to size.


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#21 2013-02-20 9:13am

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
From: Nashville, TN
Registered: 2009-03-09
Posts: 15685
Website

Re: New to the site?

Also, if you post emoticons, leave a space so they don't look like this:rolleyes:. And if you have to use the wink, you're not geting your point across to begin with.


DG*Red Line*Jag*Mongoose*SE*Patterson*We The People*CW

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

I love this place ©®

Offline

 

#22 2013-02-20 9:15am

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper
From: North Of Reality
Registered: 2007-09-23
Posts: 6839
Bikes: 16

Re: New to the site?

itsdug wrote:

Also, if you post emoticons, leave a space so they don't look like this:rolleyes:. And if you have to use the wink, you're not geting your point across to begin with.

lol  haha +1

or they could just add the spaces into the program on either side of the emoticon?  lol


My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

Offline

 

#23 2013-02-20 12:06pm

changachump
Mikey likes it
From: Tyngsboro, MA
Registered: 2009-03-30
Posts: 2775
Bikes: 4

Re: New to the site?

itsdug wrote:

Also, if you post emoticons, leave a space so they don't look like this:rolleyes:. And if you have to use the wink, you're not geting your point across to begin with.

Took me a couple of tries to figure that one out.


[img]http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv257/mohara1212/ta.jpg[/img]
Confucius say "Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day"
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free."

Offline

 

#24 2013-02-22 9:07am

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21919
Bikes: 7

Re: New to the site?

Apparently this needs to be bumped again neutral


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#25 2013-02-22 9:12am

Coco
ModeratorModerator
From: Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 7083
For Sale: 1

Re: New to the site?

I am the owl... wrote:

Apparently this needs to be bumped again neutral

I'm afraid you'll be wearing out your mouse from clicking the reply button a zillion times on this one.

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →