anybody else having a slow shipment ? usps  RSS Feed

#1 2011-11-28 1:44pm

kurt88
Pro Member
Bikes: 11
For Sale

anybody else having a slow shipment ? usps

this makes me so mad. i sent out some profile cranks from ohio .. to n.j   monday the 14th and it was suppose to arrive on the 21st . buyer has not ywt got them. and usps tracking only tells when they were received from me hmm . i did send them parcel .  but goodddd daaaaamn  mad

#2 2011-11-28 1:50pm

Blue_Max
Museum Addict
Bikes: 22

Re: anybody else having a slow shipment ? usps

a set of tires I sent took about 2 weeks to arrive to the buyer when I used usps so it's not rare for them to take up to a couple weeks, also keep in mind that this is a busy time of the year for the post office because of the holidays coming up.

WANTED:
any 1 inch hoffman superforks with stem 95-97 versions,  90s 36-39 tooth bashguard sprocket,  black 1988 haro fst,  red 1998 hoffman condor frame,  black 1987-88 or 91 haro master.

#3 2011-11-28 1:56pm

kurt88
Pro Member
For Sale

as a seller . it just makes me nervous. i allways send my stuff out fast....... and  this has never happened to me b4  . thats why i wanted to ask

#4 2011-11-28 1:59pm

Porkchopzz4
Banned
Bikes: 4

Why Parcel? Priority on a 2-3 lbs package is like $1 more and would take 2 days to arrive. I stopped using Parcel 3 years ago after a box took 3 1/2 weeks to make it from GA to NJ. Then, they changed the rate chart Jan 2011 and it makes no sense to send anything under about 7 lbs Parcel for any reason....

#5 2011-11-28 2:20pm

kurt88
Pro Member
For Sale

Porkchopzz4 wrote:

Why Parcel? Priority on a 2-3 lbs package is like $1 more and would take 2 days to arrive. I stopped using Parcel 3 years ago after a box took 3 1/2 weeks to make it from GA to NJ. Then, they changed the rate chart Jan 2011 and it makes no sense to send anything under about 7 lbs Parcel for any reason....

I DNT ALLWAYS TO PARCEL. BUT THE PRICE DIFFERENCE WAS ARND $ 7 BUCKS AND I DIDNT HAVE THAT MUCH $ ON ME.  I FIGURED SENSE HE WAS JUST A FEW STATES UP. IT WLDNT TAKE THAT LONG neutral

#6 2011-11-28 2:23pm

allsorts
Intermediate

i purchased a chainring from a member in hot springs, SD (i haven't a clue where that is) he sent it usps 1st class int to me in the UK and it took 6 days which i was chuffed with

#7 2011-11-28 2:25pm

Porkchopzz4
Banned

kurt88 wrote:

Porkchopzz4 wrote:

I DNT ALLWAYS TO PARCEL. BUT THE PRICE DIFFERENCE WAS ARND $ 7 BUCKS AND I DIDNT HAVE THAT MUCH $ ON ME.  I FIGURED SENSE HE WAS JUST A FEW STATES UP. IT WLDNT TAKE THAT LONG neutral

I'm confused then... $7 price difference makes no sense for a set of cranks between Parcel and Priority. a Priority MEDIUM FLAT RATE box is only $11.00 total... and the cheapest Parcel Post package you can send (the 1 lb) rate is between $5-$6... so 3 lbs would be more like $8-$9 or so plus you have to pay extra for delivery confirmation for Parcel Post and it's free with Priority... making the difference at most $3, but most likely much less since with your two states being so close together it would probably be cheaper to send it base on weight instead of a Flat Rate Box.

#8 2011-11-28 2:25pm

Porkchopzz4
Banned

kalex wrote:

i purchased a chainring from a member in hot springs, SD (i haven't a clue where that is) he sent it usps 1st class int to me in the UK and it took 6 days which i was chuffed with

That is good.... most First Class International takes at least 3 weeks.

#9 2011-11-28 2:27pm

raulluis
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale

This is true, right now the tracking page from USPS is very slow updating the info of the delivery confirmation number.
Also here in Puerto Rico the mail man at the window always specify you that Priority Mail is not guaranteed, the only guaranteed service is the EXPRESS MAIL.
Also USPS does have a airplane fleet or it have to depend in otherone airplanes to transport those packages?

If you can't stand behind our troops,then,feel free to stand in front of them.

My 1990 GT Aggressor build !!!
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=560014

2015 Mid School Build OFF
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=602923

#10 2011-11-28 2:30pm

Johnnny
AdminStoooper Trooopin' ...
Bikes: 18
For Sale
Website

kalex wrote:

That's cool... I wonder how many people just googled "chuffed" lol wink

#11 2011-11-28 2:32pm

kurt88
Pro Member
For Sale

Porkchopzz4 wrote:

kurt88 wrote:

Porkchopzz4 wrote:

I'm confused then... $7 price difference makes no sense for a set of cranks between Parcel and Priority. a Priority MEDIUM FLAT RATE box is only $11.00 total... and the cheapest Parcel Post package you can send (the 1 lb) rate is between $5-$6... so 3 lbs would be more like $8-$9 or so plus you have to pay extra for delivery confirmation for Parcel Post and it's free with Priority... making the difference at most $3, but most likely much less since with your two states being so close together it would probably be cheaper to send it base on weight instead of a Flat Rate Box.

im just being honest. i know exactley what you mean about sending parcel to priority. its usually a $ 1.00 or less. but there is sometimes.. usps prices seem wack!!!!!!!  and i didnt stick them in a priority box. i taped the he** out off them.( bomb proof) . i cldnt tell u the exact weight.  but they wernt light with the pedals and all

#12 2011-11-28 2:34pm

markmc97225
Pro Member
Bikes: 5
For Sale

kurt88 wrote:

this makes me so mad. i sent out some profile cranks from ohio .. to n.j   monday the 14th and it was suppose to arrive on the 21st . buyer has not ywt got them. and usps tracking only tells when they were received from me hmm . i did send them parcel .  but goodddd daaaaamn  mad

You're lucky you show them received. Half my stuff doens't end up catching the local scanner when I ship, I only know it's out for delivery!

Parcel is unpredicatable, and I only use it on wheels and larger boxes as noted. USPS Priority, for the speed, and tracking stuff you get easily is the way to go about 90% of the time.

Whenever someone says, "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart," all I hear is, "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."

#13 2011-11-28 2:35pm

allsorts
Intermediate

i've only had to complete bmx's from here (USA) so this was the first small parcel/packet and i thought it was very quick. one off the bmx's was sent using the same way and that took 9 days, the other was by fedex priority and that was shipped on a wednesday from UTAH and arrived friday morning at my place in the UK

#14 2011-11-28 2:36pm

popawoolie
Intermediate
Bikes: 3

raulluis wrote:

This is true, right now the tracking page from USPS is very slow updating the info of the delivery confirmation number.
Also here in Puerto Rico the mail man at the window always specify you that Priority Mail is not guaranteed, the only guaranteed service is the EXPRESS MAIL.
Also USPS does have a airplane fleet or it have to depend in otherone airplanes to transport those packages?

USPS uses Fed Ex to fly stuff, they used to put it on airlines but no more after 9-11

#15 2011-11-28 2:37pm

Porkchopzz4
Banned

kurt88 wrote:

Porkchopzz4 wrote:

kurt88 wrote:

im just being honest. i know exactley what you mean about sending parcel to priority. its usually a $ 1.00 or less. but there is sometimes.. usps prices seem wack!!!!!!!  and i didnt stick them in a priority box. i taped the he** out off them.( bomb proof) . i cldnt tell u the exact weight.  but they wernt light with the pedals and all

Medium Flat Rate box is free.... swing by the post office, pick up a few free ones to keep around the house.... cranks, BB, pedals, chainwheel, etc. all would fit in one easily. Ships for $11 regardless of weight and would have shown up in 2 days. This Parcel thing is a disservice to your customer....

I had a guy sent a BB to me via Parcel which actually cost him MORE than if he'd printed a Priority label at home online (or only like $0.75 had he done Priority).... took almost 3 weeks to arrive. My 1 negative is his retaliation against me for giving him a negative for no communication and shipping Parcel wink

#16 2011-11-28 2:38pm

OLDSKOOLPK
Banned
Bikes: 13

I sent a set of handlebars from PA to MD on the 17th....they are still not there.  Never had problems before with USPS...even around the holidays.

I BUY ANYTHING OLD SCHOOL SE RACING! Framesets, stickers, bars, padsets, jerseys, helmets and etc! 
Always looking for NOS or MINT USED 20 inch Yellow Label Comp II and 3 tires in black and 20 inch Cycle Pro Snake belly tires in black with or without skinwall!

#17 2011-11-28 2:42pm

kurt88
Pro Member
For Sale

OLDSKOOLPK wrote:

I sent a set of handlebars from PA to MD on the 17th....they are still not there.  Never had problems before with USPS...even around the holidays.

so where in the same boat headed toward a water fall yikes                        lol .    . i make mistakes sometimes in sending parcel . yes my fault.

#18 2011-11-28 2:45pm

bRADdlphns
Pro MemberJokerman sucks say it, it's catching on!!
Bikes: 10
For Sale
Website

my problem is the people shipping. shouldnt take a over a week to mail something after its been paid for.

so its probably not the usps.

44T Detroit  Someone rape me for crying out loud !!!!!

MCS MAGIC IS BACK !!!!!!!

#19 2011-11-28 2:53pm

kurt88
Pro Member
For Sale

braddlphns wrote:

my problem is the people shipping. shouldnt take a over a week to mail something after its been paid for.

so its probably not the usps.

i can understand that.  but my theory is.  once its paid 4 . its not mine anymore and i ship out fast !!!!!  not a week later  tongue

#20 2011-11-28 3:04pm

bRADdlphns
Pro MemberJokerman sucks say it, it's catching on!!
Bikes: 10
For Sale
Website

I just had to PM a guy and ask if he got my payment 8 days after I paid yikesyikes  he said he will ship that day and send tracking, still havent got that tracking number. and this was on Friday   WTF !!!!!!  Bought the item on the 17th ..

Last edited by braddlphns (2011-11-28 3:06pm)

44T Detroit  Someone rape me for crying out loud !!!!!

MCS MAGIC IS BACK !!!!!!!

#21 2011-11-28 4:07pm

jimmyp
Intermediate

Im having the smae problem from 2 different sellers. Both posted through USPS and on the 14th, WTF sadmad

Have they decided to go on strike or somthing, no shipping after the 14th, lol lolsadneutral

#22 2011-11-28 4:23pm

harleygrant
Expert

I recently sent a little box to wisconsin from IL. It took a week. Sent some packages out the same day to CA and they got there faster. lol

#23 2011-11-28 4:30pm

restoredude
Expert
Bikes: 37

just be glad the post office is around...and my experience tells me to pay a little more to ship it to save me the headache later.

#24 2011-11-28 7:54pm

oldschoolfool74
Expert

parcel post means it will get then whenever. to put it simple it is last priority can take three weeks. do not choose this option. It is always best to send priority. for a frame set up with bars, cranks, stem, and seatpost. it runs 40 bucks but includes insurance for 600 bucks. that is bomb proof packed. Hubs cost 10. bars about 20. cranks 10. wheels should cost no more then 30.
priority should always be your choice. unless you have a business account, then fedex is good and affordable.
  Do not forget it is christmas time, meaning it is super busy. this time is crazy and overwhelming for business. save yourself headaches and choose priority, do not do not choose parcel. if some gets payment and

I am in a van down by the river.

#25 2011-12-06 5:12pm

jimmyp
Intermediate

No wonder the post is slow sadmad

Just what we need, more people out of work, what a joke. lollol

I bet most of them down at the local depot are on go slow because they know thay might not have a job in the New Year madmad

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/05/ … mail-down/

rollroll

Board footer